2.1 ESE53 will be Official Release on the VZW Motorola Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Droidmod is easy and all, but you should try one of the real ese2.1 roms that are out there. They are much better and you would not have the problems you are describing. Droidmod is a 2.0.1 rom with stuff added. You probably already know this, but some others may not. Give a new 2.1 rom a try.

No, there have been no visual signs of triangles, UFO's or big foot for that matter at this time.

However I do believe they are out there. It's just a matter of time. ;)

I have been pondering rooting back with droidmod until it has been rolled out. Kind of missing the benefits of root and all the stuff that comes with it. I will give till Monday to see signs of the general public receiving the update. I will call Verizon soon....what help that will do i have no clue but maybe they can give me a little insight whether it be right or wrong

Interestingly enough I haven't been missing the benefits of rooting. Matter of fact I'm enjoying the longer battery life, the droid not heating up on me as much. I already had stopped using live wallpaper before removing the root.

If I get bored with it I might go back to it. That's what makes Droidmod so cool, it's just so easy to install and uninstall.

Slipstream

Reaction score
If a consultant was hired to help Bitfone "redesign" the distribution backbone, then, I am pretty sure that we are going to be waiting, not several days, but probably several weeks. If the problem is of such magnitude that a consultant had to be called to advise them on redesigning of the equipment set up that pushes out the updates, then how on earth did 2.0.1 get pushed out successfully? And, just how bad was the problem? It has been my experience that a consultant is only called in after the in-house people assigned to fix a given problem uncover more than they anticipated.

I think someone dropped the ball at Bitfone, and dropped it big time, and the best way they have to explain it is "we encountered a problem with the distribution"....Not saying this is a conspiracy, or anything, but I am just saying that the problem is probably larger than we are thinking it is.. I can't even begin to speculate what that might be.

Agreed, but Motorola really needs to do their homework on technology partners. If your third party vendor has to contact a third party vendor for help, then obviously Bitfone was completely inept at handling the task assigned to them. I also concur with the comment about 2.0.1; granted, there are a lot more Droid owners now than there were before, and maybe the update is a bit bigger, but this shouldn't be any different than what went down before.

Something smells fishy indeed.

baniels

Reaction score
I agree about the ESE roms. I actually went back to stock yesterday AM in anticipation of the release.

Even though I haven't been using their ROMs, the DMUpdater is a very easy way to flash recovery and get rooted. From there, loading other nandroids is a piece of cake.

And it also makes going back to stock w/out root just as easy.

I definitely agree about the newer ROMs though - much improved over the modded 2.01s.

Droidmod is easy and all, but you should try one of the real ese2.1 roms that are out there. They are much better and you would not have the problems you are describing. Droidmod is a 2.0.1 rom with stuff added. You probably already know this, but some others may not. Give a new 2.1 rom a try.

REMilk

Reaction score
I am really saddened by the vileness of some of the posts in this thread. I, too, was disappointed that the upgrade was delayed again, at the last minute.

I have been in Information Technology Services for 35 years, back in the day when it was called 'data processing'. I have seen many times when at the last minute the were pulls of product releases. Even though the delays give 'black eyes' to the vendor, in both the short and long-term, it is best for the clients.

I think nearly all of us will agree that your Droid, is critical; in my case it is mission critical as it is my connection to both my clients and email systems. If my Droid is not functioning, then I am in trouble. I cannot afford to have a smart phone that does not work. When my Treo died in early November, I purchased a HTC Imagio, even though I wanted the Droid, which I traded for a Droid (for a $35.00 fee) the day it came out.

If there is any indication that the upgrade would not be successful, then Verizon DID THE RIGHT THING by delaying the release. Do you really think that Verizon wanted another delay? No, it is embarrassing for companies to announce delay; they understand the fallout.

Even though my Droid is mission critical to me, the upgrade is not a 'life or death' situation, nor is it for most of us.

I am not, nor have I ever been, an employee of Verizon or any firm connected with the development or distribution of the Droid and Android OS.

No, if only Adobe would get Flash working on the Droid.

Just my not so humble opinion, most likely, the vile ones will respond in their usual manner.

Bob

richrcp

Reaction score
Orion223,
When have you ever really asked a verizon rep. or technician a question and they did not give you the Sgt. Shultz from Stalag 13 reply,"I know nothing! I see nothing! NOTHING!" They are truly classic!!:icon_ devil:

bbtkd

Reaction score
Hey admins - can we shut this down before zero hour?

Admins - when we get close to noon or when actual sightings appear could you shut this thread down? It's huge and off point. I suppose if you shut it down too early a half dozen others will just pop up so may as well just let it absorb the off point postings until about noon.

Oh and BTW - I haven't received my upgrade yet either and am suing Verizon, Motorola, HP and Google.

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score

blue rocket

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.grafixpressions.com
If everyone sits back and chills for just a quick minute you'd realize that VZW is just BS'ing everyone so they don't look like complete morons.

If 1000 updates were sent to random people... we would have the update.zip by now, as well as pictures of it and probably a video or two.

People on the internet need to feel important... and if they won the Droid lotto with the 2.1 update you better believe the news would be everywhere. The guy on this forum that posted that he got the 2.1 update - complete B.S. Why would he post it, then come up with a crap excuse that he doesn't like how strict it is here so he's going elsewhere... come on guys, people that believe that are in LALA land. He's just pulling your chains, trying to get you eMad.

Trust me on this.... the update hasn't been pushed out to anyone, Verizon is honestly a damned mess and should be completely embarrassed by what happened. Again, this is why you should NEVER agree on a date, release the information once the updates are actually starting so you never end up in a bad position like this again.

I honestly wouldn't blame Moto at all for this, I believe they did their part and are also one of the thousands of people pissed at VZW right now.

blue rocket

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.grafixpressions.com
Oh yeah... i'd go do something else with your time for the next week or so... I highly doubt we'll see the update for at least a few weeks.

Also stop reading all the Android news websites, they are all posting the same crap, which is all rumors. You'll probably get the best information right here on the forum when it truly is news, not speculation.

I've seen hundreds of posts about VZW getting the Incredible in 2 weeks, another prime example of speculation. I'd be impressed if we saw the Incredible by May...

There are just wayyyy too many rumors going around for everyone to believe any of them.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Admins - when we get close to noon or when actual sightings appear could you shut this thread down? It's huge and off point. I suppose if you shut it down too early a half dozen others will just pop up so may as well just let it absorb the off point postings until about noon.

Oh and BTW - I haven't received my upgrade yet either and am suing Verizon, Motorola, HP and Google.

You have some info we dont have? :) Or just miss a whole lot of messages?

baniels

Reaction score
I think we obsessive droid users are the minority. With volume of Droids in the wild, there is a real possibility that the 1000 unit update missed everyone who actually cares about it.

If 1000 updates were sent to random people... we would have the update.zip by now, as well as pictures of it and probably a video or two.

MAzing87

Reaction score
I am really saddened by the vileness of some of the posts in this thread. I, too, was disappointed that the upgrade was delayed again, at the last minute.

I have been in Information Technology Services for 35 years, back in the day when it was called 'data processing'. I have seen many times when at the last minute the were pulls of product releases. Even though the delays give 'black eyes' to the vendor, in both the short and long-term, it is best for the clients.

I think nearly all of us will agree that your Droid, is critical; in my case it is mission critical as it is my connection to both my clients and email systems. If my Droid is not functioning, then I am in trouble. I cannot afford to have a smart phone that does not work. When my Treo died in early November, I purchased a HTC Imagio, even though I wanted the Droid, which I traded for a Droid (for a $35.00 fee) the day it came out.

If there is any indication that the upgrade would not be successful, then Verizon DID THE RIGHT THING by delaying the release. Do you really think that Verizon wanted another delay? No, it is embarrassing for companies to announce delay; they understand the fallout.

Even though my Droid is mission critical to me, the upgrade is not a 'life or death' situation, nor is it for most of us.

I am not, nor have I ever been, an employee of Verizon or any firm connected with the development or distribution of the Droid and Android OS.

No, if only Adobe would get Flash working on the Droid.

Just my not so humble opinion, most likely, the vile ones will respond in their usual manner.

Bob

I agree with this post 1000%. I have said that I'll wait until the update gets to my phone to get excited, but I'll gladly wait if the update gets delayed again. I'd rather have a fully functional update with minimal to no bugs/glitches. People just don't have patience for anything anymore. They want updates yesterday, and if an update was released and didn't work or brick phones, people would complain. If there was no mention of an update to be released initially back in December, people would complain about that. Some people decide to root their phones (rooting should be for experienced users) because they couldn't wait for the official release, only to not know what they are doing and cry for help.

Whatever excitement I had for 2.1 and even the Flash player is all gone. Regardless of what articles are actual updates on schedules of the 2.1 release, I'll just wait when my phone alerts me. Some of you should just deal with it or get rid of your Droid.

Status
Not open for further replies.