2.1 ESE53 will be Official Release on the VZW Motorola Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpad10

Reaction score
almost a hundred thousand views in 3 days......pretty impressive....wish it was on a more positive note....

Slipstream

Reaction score
People need to relax.

According to the schedule a ton of people will get it tomorrow.

According to Verizon there is no schedule for the next phase. If it was going to happen quickly then I would expect them to release the schedule. I am assuming this is delayed for a while.

http://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=5676
I know it is a repost but people obviously haven't read it.

If I were Verizon, I'm not sure I'd release yet another schedule and risk stirring the pot even more. I'd just push it as soon as it's officially ready and tell people as it's happening. Maybe that's why things are so quiet.

Of course if it really is Bitfone's fault and they're bringing in consultants to help, I wouldn't hold my breath either.

bpad10

Reaction score
People need to relax.

According to the schedule a ton of people will get it tomorrow.

According to Verizon there is no schedule for the next phase. If it was going to happen quickly then I would expect them to release the schedule. I am assuming this is delayed for a while.

http://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=5676
I know it is a repost but people obviously haven't read it.

If I were Verizon, I'm not sure I'd release yet another schedule and risk stirring the pot even more. I'd just push it as soon as it's officially ready and tell people as it's happening. Maybe that's why things are so quiet.

Of course if it really is Bitfone's fault and they're bringing in consultants to help, I wouldn't hold my breath either.
Is bitfone subcontracted by Verizon or Motorola?

Technoman

Reaction score
Ya I tried, tried again - once a mob, always a mob. Let the pissing contest continue!:icon_ banana:

A Droided Mob..... Not sure why everyone is so burned about getting an update (I am not rooted and want the latest on my phone also).

The list of features in the update are really quite disappointing. No 3D App tray, apparently no additional home screens. I want the supposed speed and operation improvements, and LIVE Wallpaper will be nice to play with, but not much else really in the update.

Now if this positions us to get Flash in a short time frame, then that is a gain!

However, this is not the end of the world.
It is not something to get so worked up over.

Disappointing yes.... devastating NO!!

Point being that people are mad about the misinformation they received, and have yet to realize it's misinformation. The roll-out is going as Verizon planned it, the schedule that was released was never sourced properly and thus Verizon cannot be held to it. In addition to this, the bitfone issue started as speculation - and here on this forum it has turned into a debate about Verizon's competency, which shouldn't even be in question since again.....all of that info was speculation.

So here noinfo and I trying to breath some truth into the situation - only to have you call it old news = not cool.

UMMMM bashing someone that is saying the same thing as you will only create animosity toward you.

I stated a FACT.... your posted link is about the 3rd or 4th post of that same information, and if people are going to jump to the end of a thread to try and see what is going on then it really doesn't matter how many times the same information is posted.

It is considered to be good forum etiquette to not continually repost the same information over and over.

It is also considered good forum etiquette to search the forum before posting so that we don't end up with fragmented threads on the same subjects. That is why forum managers close threads.

Again, it really doesn't bode well for you to attack me for simply saying the information that you posted was old news and had already been posted.

tehpriest

Reaction score
almost a hundred thousand views in 3 days......pretty impressive....wish it was on a more positive note....

So 10% of owners are interested in this update.....

Motorola are you listening. It's not just the odd few you say it is.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

So 10% of owners are interested in this update.....

Motorola are you listening. It's not just the odd few you say it is.

I disagree. The folks interested in 2.1 are very odd.

Bordering on weird. ;)

Isaiah

Reaction score
@itaintme123 When the update rolls out to gen public (& not just test users), we’ll release full release details on Motorola.com
about 20 hours ago via web in reply to itaintme123
from motorolas twitter.... makes it sound like yesterday actually did work... just for the testers as planned. Im looking forward to saturday... AND Matt the motorola forum manager said a couple days ago, "I'm looking forward to spring"(may not be exact quote) which officially starts march 20th... saturday.

bpad10

Reaction score
Is Bitfone actually part of the HP family? What does anyone know about them?

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

rkeller62

Reaction score
The list of features in the update are really quite disappointing. No 3D App tray, apparently no additional home screens. I want the supposed speed and operation improvements, and LIVE Wallpaper will be nice to play with, but not much else really in the update.

Now if this positions us to get Flash in a short time frame, then that is a gain!

However, this is not the end of the world.
It is not something to get so worked up over.

Disappointing yes.... devastating NO!!

I think everyone just assumes that 3D launcher and additional home screens is a part of 2.1 because the Nexus One has them. However, if you install the SDK and create a 2.1 Virtual Machine (which I did) you get Live wallpapers, standard launcher and 3 home screens. No options that I can find for a 3D launcher or more home screens. This tells me they are NOT part of 2.1 but rather that Google added something extra to the Nexus One to differentiate it from other devices that would eventually get the 2.1 update.

Now I am sure that a bunch of you will whine that Motorola should have included these also, but they were not in the 2.1 baseline code so Motorola would have had to create their own versions from scratch. Since this is a "Google Experience" phone they probably decided to take what is in the 2.1 baseline and use it. Plus - if they did add those features themselves who knows how much longer we'd be waiting for 2.1. Don't forget, Droid Eris and HTC Hero phones are still on 1.6 IIRC correctly.

droidzilla

Reaction score
Well I know there are people her that have talk to Verizon representatives or have friend that work's there. My neighbor and good friend works in a local corp. office I ask him this morning if he new when the update would be coming out he said next Monday Now with that being said he is my next door neighbor and he is the one that I got my droid from he would not intentionally lie to me for any reason so take it as you want just though I would give a little info on the update..... he has never let me down so well see....

rkeller62

Reaction score
I don't even know how to get the live wallpaper for maps working - if you enable it does the GPS run all the time?

The live wallpaper for maps is kind of neat....creepy at the same time, and worthless in the end :p

Nah.

It uses aGPS.

Huh??? aGPS is STILL GPS (it's assisted GPS, not alternate GPS). The only difference is that information is provided via the cell network about GPS locations so that a quicker fix can be established with the satelites.

Status
Not open for further replies.