2.1 ESE53 will be Official Release on the VZW Motorola Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.

blitzburgh39

Reaction score
At least you guys are getting word about your update, us eris users are still in the dark.

yeah except the Droid is verizons flagship phone. so i can see us getting 2.1 (which would strain the eris, i think?) before you guys do. we were kept in the dark until last month when moto leaked those premature pages. But yeah. By the look of the droid getting 2.1 issue i wouldnt be expecting 2.1 on the eris for months.

:D

Technoman

Reaction score
Old news, and has already been posted.

I realise that but it looked like we were devolving into an angry mob. Just throwing up Verizon's actual response.

Ya I tried, tried again - once a mob, always a mob. Let the pissing contest continue!:icon_ banana:

A Droided Mob..... Not sure why everyone is so burned about getting an update (I am not rooted and want the latest on my phone also).

The list of features in the update are really quite disappointing. No 3D App tray, apparently no additional home screens. I want the supposed speed and operation improvements, and LIVE Wallpaper will be nice to play with, but not much else really in the update.

Now if this positions us to get Flash in a short time frame, then that is a gain!

However, this is not the end of the world.
It is not something to get so worked up over.

Disappointing yes.... devastating NO!!

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
All I want from the new ESE53 to be released is the build.prop.

dadamsx

Reaction score
I realise that but it looked like we were devolving into an angry mob. Just throwing up Verizon's actual response.

Ya I tried, tried again - once a mob, always a mob. Let the pissing contest continue!:icon_ banana:

A Droided Mob..... Not sure why everyone is so burned about getting an update (I am not rooted and want the latest on my phone also).

The list of features in the update are really quite disappointing. No 3D App tray, apparently no additional home screens. I want the supposed speed and operation improvements, and LIVE Wallpaper will be nice to play with, but not much else really in the update.

Now if this positions us to get Flash in a short time frame, then that is a gain!

Point being that people are mad about the misinformation they received, and have yet to realize it's misinformation. The roll-out is going as Verizon planned it, the schedule that was released was never sourced properly and thus Verizon cannot be held to it. In addition to this, the bitfone issue started as speculation - and here on this forum it has turned into a debate about Verizon's competency, which shouldn't even be in question since again.....all of that info was speculation.

So here noinfo and I trying to breath some truth into the situation - only to have you call it old news = not cool.

Everyone step back - be objective - and realize your phone provider is here to help you, and everything is going as planned.....and shame on bad reporting by boy-genius.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Of course this is also why the 4.1 maps update went out yesterday...

The live wallpaper for maps is kind of neat....creepy at the same time, and worthless in the end :p

tehpriest

Reaction score
anyone gona help?

Yeah visit the hacking help section.

Seriously, these "we've had 2.1 for ages" and "omg I don't care because I'm rooted" crap is getting old. If you look at the title, it specifically says "Official Release", and not "anyone with 2.1 already". Some of us would like an official release on our phone. I've already gone the rooted, 2.1, custom ROM route and just want a stock, up-to-date release. I went back to stock for 2.1.

This thread has definitely strayed enough. Verizon stated the first 1000 have gone out as planned, and now we're all waiting on the next batch.

Hopefully one of the first thousand is on here and kindly provides the update to us.

As far as I can tell the Milestone's bootloader is still locked so the 2.1 that has been posted must therefore be the official release or it would not work. Correct me if I am wrong though please.

n0inf0

Reaction score
People need to relax.

According to the schedule a ton of people will get it tomorrow.

According to Verizon there is no schedule for the next phase. If it was going to happen quickly then I would expect them to release the schedule. I am assuming this is delayed for a while.

http://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=5676
I know it is a repost but people obviously haven't read it.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Point being that people are mad about the misinformation they received, and have yet to realize it's misinformation. The roll-out is going as Verizon planned it, the schedule that was released was never sourced properly and thus Verizon cannot be held to it. In addition to this, the bitfone issue started as speculation - and here on this forum it has turned into a debate about Verizon's competency, which shouldn't even be in question since again.....all of that info was speculation.

So here noinfo and I trying to breath some truth into the situation - only to have you call it old news = not cool.

Everyone step back - be objective - and realize your phone provider is here to help you, and everything is going as planned.....and shame on bad reporting by boy-genius.

Actually, the phone provider is there to squeeze the most they can (get away with) from the consumer. This is a fact of business. Sometimes providing help enhances the reaching of that goal. Money makes the world go around.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yeah visit the hacking help section.

Seriously, these "we've had 2.1 for ages" and "omg I don't care because I'm rooted" crap is getting old. If you look at the title, it specifically says "Official Release", and not "anyone with 2.1 already". Some of us would like an official release on our phone. I've already gone the rooted, 2.1, custom ROM route and just want a stock, up-to-date release. I went back to stock for 2.1.

This thread has definitely strayed enough. Verizon stated the first 1000 have gone out as planned, and now we're all waiting on the next batch.

Hopefully one of the first thousand is on here and kindly provides the update to us.

As far as I can tell the Milestone's bootloader is still locked so the 2.1 that has been posted must therefore be the official release or it would not work. Correct me if I am wrong though please.

The sbf could get around that issue, but I'll be the first to admit I haven't read up on whether its locked after the sbf flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.