2.1 ESE53 will be Official Release on the VZW Motorola Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Why're people talking about voice transcriptions in a 2.1 release thread? And i don't think i believe that vzw twitter.... it only has (>)1000 followers....

Because the 2.1 update include voice-to-text and we're assuming it will use the same transcription engine as Google Voice. At least I'm making that assumption.

Zargon

Reaction score
Why're people talking about voice transcriptions in a 2.1 release thread? And i don't think i believe that vzw twitter.... it only has (>)1000 followers....

Because the 2.1 update include voice-to-text and we're assuming it will use the same transcription engine as Google Voice. At least I'm making that assumption.

The 2.1 rom I've been using seems to have much better speech to text capabilities than the voice mail. I'm sure part of that is the conscious effort I'm making to speak clearly.

KevinJ

Reaction score
You know, I feel sorry for Verizon especially.

I can already see the wheels turning at ATT to get Luke Wilson in a new iPhone commercial...

tehpriest

Reaction score
Repetition is the root of learning

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Learning to root comes from repetition

I agree completely.

True and I love the process. You go from man ... i think my phone is bricked to this is as bad@..

There are many ways to root from simple droidmod, to using droidmod to other roms, to using terminal emulator.
Any one can root. Just need to do a little research; and everything and all the help is here on this site.

Droid101

Reaction score
this seems like some pretty solid clarification,
Verizon Clarifies Android 2.1 Update for Droid (Phone Scoop)

Yes it does Help I know most are probably taking this as an I will believe it when I see it but I was having droid issues so I called VZW tech support the women was very nice and fixed my issue very quickly I asked if the update was delayed and she said no it wasn't it had been released. So I asked when I would get it and she said my region (Capital Region NY) will be one of the first to receive it in the next 3 days either tonight,Tomorrow or Saturday. She said there were NO issues with the update and they will continue to send it out. If I knew how to do it on my house phone I would have recorded the conversation and put it up here because I myself do not put much trust when someone says what I did but I can tell you this was the exact thing the women said. So anyone in my area will be one of the first to get 2.1:)

Zac7

Reaction score
Don't really understand the phoneScoop article so was the 9000 supposed to come tonight and is it still coming? Or was the roll out delayed? I think we all knew it was going to take about a week to get pushed is that still going to happen or will we have to wait for the begining of the push.

Isaiah

Reaction score
this seems like some pretty solid clarification,
Verizon Clarifies Android 2.1 Update for Droid (Phone Scoop)

Yes it does Help I know most are probably taking this as an I will believe it when I see it but I was having droid issues so I called VZW tech support the women was very nice and fixed my issue very quickly I asked if the update was delayed and she said no it wasn't it had been released. So I asked when I would get it and she said my region (Capital Region NY) will be one of the first to receive it in the next 3 days either tonight,Tomorrow or Saturday. She said there were NO issues with the update and they will continue to send it out. If I knew how to do it on my house phone I would have recorded the conversation and put it up here because I myself do not put much trust when someone says what I did but I can tell you this was the exact thing the women said. So anyone in my area will be one of the first to get 2.1:)

Hellll yeah! i go to Ualbany by the way :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.