2.1 ESE53 will be Official Release on the VZW Motorola Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.

yourname93

Reaction score
It was officially announced yesterday by motorola via email.
I'm still having a hard time understanding how Verizon handled this poorly. They posted a PDF that listed the features of the update. There is also a link to the instructions on how the update will happen and what to expect, how to, etc. You'll notice that that link points to screen shots from the 2.0.1 update. So basically, nothing new with the process.

The deployment schedule was LEAKED from a screen shot off an internal Verizon system that is not meant for customers. Why is is not meant for customers? Because if the date needs to change, the whole world isn't screaming that Verizon LIED. The person who leaked that photo had to sign a very detailed code of business conduct when they started working for VZ. The leaking of the photo of Verizon internal information is grounds for IMMEDIATE termination. So, if you want to be pissed at someone, be pissed at the kid who thought it would be cool to leak internal documents to the public.

For those of you who work at the local convenience store, I can understand that you might not get it. But anyone who works in IT, and in a large corporate environment should be able to easily recognize that leaking screen shots of internal info is NOT acceptable.

It's nice we got the info about the 18th, but I have not seen anywhere that Verizon had placed that info on a CUSTOMER FACING website.

Like I said, if you want to be pissed off, be pissed off at the kid who will be without a job soon enough.
ok first off there is on the site a pdf. secondly your right.

qoncept

Reaction score
Update not sent out because Bitphone, Motorola's update distributor, had some capacity problems.
Capacity to send a 70mb-ish update to 1000 people? I think Motorola better research their business partners a little better. You can pay $5 a month for webhosting that'll do that.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Deja vu

February I remember people staying up all night waitng for the update and the forum grew fast. Then the forum had reached 1000 posts with it going from update, to pizza, to i got it j/k.

1 month later the only difference is that the ncaa bball tourny is on.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Now the Admins have jumped into the insanity.....they are so mad over the update they have decided to transform this site into a Jitter Bug forum.

Now the Admins have jumped into the insanity.....they are so mad over the update they have decided to transform this site into a Jitter Bug forum.
Then I quit these forums.

I can't dance. :(

Most people can't Dance...They think they can, but sadly Not!

Stay on topic or I am going to have to close it down.

:icon_ devil::icon_ devil: (sorry but could not resist)

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
70mb?

Going from 2.0.1 that was 14mb, even worse if they can't handle that.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

Met-Droid

Reaction score
As much as I want the update now, I'll still want it this weekend or monday just as bad.

Fuzzball

Reaction score
Update not sent out because Bitphone, Motorola's update distributor, had some capacity problems.
Capacity to send a 70mb-ish update to 1000 people? I think Motorola better research their business partners a little better. You can pay $5 a month for webhosting that'll do that.

Unless Bitphone is the mechanism to notify the phones of the update, I'm having a hard time believing that it's a capacity issue as well. Also, IIRC the last update was distributed by Google and it's not like they're bleeding money for bandwidth.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
As much as I want the update now, I'll still want it this weekend or monday just as bad.
At the very least we should just all sit back and have a laugh.

We've all been in the trenches following this update and all it's crazy twists and turns.

The forum was lit up this morning with so much traffic it stalled the server, speaking of which the new one should be up tomorrow sometime.

It's all good. we'll all be back here again waiting around hitting F5 arguing about it probably not coming again and just to root and get it over with.

...good stuff.

Been fun and we didn't fight in here : ) Thats a miracle. Everyone give yourself a round of applause....

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Its funny, I want the update even though I don't have any real need for it. The live wallpapers are distracting, I have been using Dolphin browser and BB gallery so pinch to zoom isn't a motivator, I can only remember one time where I had a problem with the audio muting after using the headphones, I have been using the Yahoo Asia workaround since day one, I've had zero connectivity issues, I don't use a pattern lock, Maps works fine for me as-is.

And after using Google Voice for a few months, if the "voice to text" uses the same transcription engine Voice does, then I'd do better to have my dog walk on the keyboard for me.

Yet I still anxiously await the update. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.