2.1 ESE53 will be Official Release on the VZW Motorola Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

JCo352

Reaction score
Yea I just used an sms faker, and I was able to produce the results as in that pic, so I believe it was fake.

I don't know anything about SMS fakers. But from the context it sounds like an app that could forge an SMS? So...what does it proofe that you could recreate it? I mean... is that not the purpose of an SMS faker?

yes correct

JCo352

Reaction score
Yea I just used an sms faker, and I was able to produce the results as in that pic, so I believe it was fake.

I don't know anything about SMS fakers. But from the context it sounds like an app that could forge an SMS? So...what does it proofe that you could recreate it? I mean... is that not the purpose of an SMS faker?

yes correct

Also VZW texts usually say "DO NOT REPLY"

Isaiah

Reaction score

JCo352

Reaction score

good point.......

False point, actually. (from this same number) I got a text a while ago, It pertained to my account name being changed and there was no "DO NOT REPLY" I still actually have that text if you need to see. Usually corporate emails carry that tag, but I've yet to see it in a text.

Check this link out: UPDATED: Motorola DROID update coming tomorrow? NOT (Phone Arena News)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

good point.......

False point, actually. (from this same number) I got a text a while ago, It pertained to my account name being changed and there was no "DO NOT REPLY" I still actually have that text if you need to see. Usually corporate emails carry that tag, but I've yet to see it in a text.

Before i got distracted I was going to correct myself. I paid my bill today and it sent be a notification via text and it did not have a "DO NOT REPLY" message

Isaiah

Reaction score
good point.......

Before i got distracted I was going to correct myself. I paid my bill today and it sent be a notification via text and it did not have a "DO NOT REPLY" message
Alright, well most people are calling it fake already... so there goes that 'lil ray of hope... back to verizon/google/moto not doing a damn thing.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
good point.......

Check this link out: UPDATED: Motorola DROID update coming tomorrow? NOT (Phone Arena News)

here is the article and Ima highlight a date

UPDATE:

The text message this person received about doing a *228 on their phone is to update the Personal Roaming List (PRL) on the phone and not about Android 2.1 update.
---
If this update wasn't so important to a lot of people, it wouldn't keep getting the attention that it does. But for the third time in the last few weeks, it appears that DROID owners are very close to getting the Android 2.1 firmware upgrade which will allow them to Pinch-to-Zoom in the browser, just like that other famous smartphone from Apple. An Android and Me reader sent the site a tweet, saying he had received a text message from Verizon telling him Android 2.1 will start heading to DROID handsets tomorrow, March 23rd, beginning at 7am. Besides being able to pinch your way through web pages, the upgrade will bring a new photo gallery that will also use Pinch-to-Zoom on individual pictures. Videos taken of a DROID powered by Android 2.1 show how much more smoothly the device scrolls and how much faster the handset is, running applications. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, so we're hopeful that with CTIA 2010 opening Tuesday, Motorola and Verizon get their act together and finally press the button that gets this long awaited download done. Has any other DROID owner received this message?

Reaction score
good point.......

The picture clearly says network....so im guessing it is just something to do with the NETWORK as in new cell towers etc.

JCo352

Reaction score

here is the article and Ima highlight a date

UPDATE:

The text message this person received about doing a *228 on their phone is to update the Personal Roaming List (PRL) on the phone and not about Android 2.1 update.
---
If this update wasn't so important to a lot of people, it wouldn't keep getting the attention that it does. But for the third time in the last few weeks, it appears that DROID owners are very close to getting the Android 2.1 firmware upgrade which will allow them to Pinch-to-Zoom in the browser, just like that other famous smartphone from Apple. An Android and Me reader sent the site a tweet, saying he had received a text message from Verizon telling him Android 2.1 will start heading to DROID handsets tomorrow, March 23rd, beginning at 7am. Besides being able to pinch your way through web pages, the upgrade will bring a new photo gallery that will also use Pinch-to-Zoom on individual pictures. Videos taken of a DROID powered by Android 2.1 show how much more smoothly the device scrolls and how much faster the handset is, running applications. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, so we're hopeful that with CTIA 2010 opening Tuesday, Motorola and Verizon get their act together and finally press the button that gets this long awaited download done. Has any other DROID owner received this message?

I understand that, I was just showing how that text say "DO NOT REPLY"

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Didn't get it yet =/ hahaha... so anyways i highly doubt we will be seeing this update this week but i have been known to be wrong. Everyone is keeping it quiet and are doing that for a reason. I would think that if they plan on releasing it they will post up maybe a day or two before that and start letting the customers know it will be on its way starting [insert date here].

Technoman

Reaction score
Just saw a Tweet From Droid Life saying that the 2.1 update is being sent out to Motorola Droids now. Copied from site:
@droid_life:RT @Obi_8t4: @droid_life i called motorola and they told me that the update is being pushed out now to Motorola Droids..

Technoman

Reaction score
Just saw a Tweet From Droid Life saying that the 2.1 update is being sent out to Motorola Droids now. Copied from site:
@droid_life:RT @Obi_8t4: @droid_life i called motorola and they told me that the update is being pushed out now to Motorola Droids..

Damn no edit... that was @ droid life

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score

Eh we will see but that's highly doubtful. Basically i don't believe nothing anymore. Until i have the update on my phone it is all rumor and speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.