2.1 ESE53 will be Official Release on the VZW Motorola Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technoman

Reaction score
Just saw a Tweet From Droid Life saying that the 2.1 update is being sent out to Motorola Droids now. Copied from site:
@droid_life:RT @Obi_8t4: @droid_life i called motorola and they told me that the update is being pushed out now to Motorola Droids..

Eh we will see but that's highly doubtful. Basically i don't believe nothing anymore. Until i have the update on my phone it is all rumor and speculation.

I hear you, I didn't say that I necessarily believed it. Just saw the Tweet and thought I would share it.

Isaiah

Reaction score
Here's hoping. If nobody gets it by this Friday. I'm going to seriously consider... doing the inverse... of branching? I can't take the stupid anticipation anymore.

TimChgo9

Reaction score
Fake text, or real text?

Update web page gone... or so it would seem.

Some article saying that Google is responsible for the update rollout.

Nothing adds up, and nothing is making sense. When you take the facts, such as they are, as a whole, you get one big contradicting statement.

Announcement about 2.1 update is made public. Shortly afterward, the update is pulled. An article indicates Bitfone, contracted by Motorola to perform the rollout has distribution issues. I haven't seen this story refuted anywhere yet.
Verizon states 1000 people got the update, apparently for testing purposes. Information later gathered indicates the update was causing problems with the phones it was sent to. More information later states that Verizon is releasing it to 1000 more users for further testing.

So far we have had..

Proof that 2.1 has been pushed to the European, and Asian Milestones... which seems to indicat the ESE53 build is stable enough for distribution.

An article stating Google is now responsible for the rollout, and has always been, Verizon never had anything to do with it.

A text message screenshot seems to indicate that the users are being randomly selected.

No news whatsoever from Motorola, or Verizon.

None of this makes any sense at all.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
This is better than UFO sightings : )

"Is it real?"

"I don't know. Looks fake"

"You think?"

"Maybe......hmmmm I don't know."

diverbelow

Reaction score
Just noticed this: Droid Suppport just went live, but if you click on System Update Instructions link, the instruction pictures are for 2.0.1 update.

The PDF link still shows the 2.1 update.

Reaction score
Well, one thing looks to be true. The persons who stated that this thread would get to 2000 or 2100 posts before the update hit!! LMAO

PhoneSter

Reaction score
I googled (Googles little droid secret) and this was one of the search results
Wonder if it will be in 2.1 :icon_ nono2:

[video=youtube;W7y-mN0c_Kk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7y-mN0c_Kk]YouTube - SECRET MOTOROLA DROID UNLOCK CODES - TASER[/video]

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.