2.1 coming in a couple of days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
As I said in the other 2.1 thread,

"How in the world someone got an email from a forum mixed up with an email from Verizon/Google amazes, annoys, and baffles me. I thought there was an actual official confirmation about a 2.1 update for the Droid out there."

Dammit.

Big Cam

Reaction score
You probably still can't voicedial over bluetooth. The majority of improvements are UI related. New gallery, new dock clock, new music, new homescreen launcher, probably some speed improvements, those kinda things. I'm sure there are other fixes in the background, maybe some new options/settings somewhere, not sure. It could also have some kind of code in it that brings us closer to flash. We'll see when it gets here I suppose...
So is voicedialing over bluetooth not possible with the droid??

I

ikithme

You will be able to update OTA BUT doing so SHOULD disable Root until you re root it which may be patched in 2.1.0.

Zac7

Reaction score
Its so annoying how many people ask the same questions over and over. What does 2.1 have let's get a list going. Come on guys do some searching before asking a question that has been answered thousands of times.

FireDroid

Reaction score
+10000000

Oh I heard they are skipping straight to 3.0 for droid anyway!!:icon_ devil:

Mike S.

Reaction score
Its so annoying how many people ask the same questions over and over. What does 2.1 have let's get a list going. Come on guys do some searching before asking a question that has been answered thousands of times.

1. I did search. But I'm wondering what all the hype is about...I just don't see that much improvement..unless I'm missing something.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
+10000000

Oh I heard they are skipping straight to 3.0 for droid anyway!!:icon_ devil:

Really?! What new features are on 3.0? When will it be out and how can I root it??? I'm really scared to root will you guide me step by step even though there are already a few guides out? :icon_ devil:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

VitsDroid

Reaction score
I think that Motorola is already working optimizing the mDroid for 2.1. Im pretty sure they knew about before even mdroid was launched. This is a planned rollout by Google.

Start the excitement with mDroid 2.0, and then carry the energy to other models. Check out this article Android Gaining Momentum Among Future Smartphone Buyers - Mac Rumors

Motorola Droid and the hype around the Google Nexus One have brought Android considerable publicity. In particular, the survey found that 21% of customers planning to purchase a new smartphone in the next 90 days would prefer Android, up from just 6% only three months ago. That performance puts Android within striking distance of Apple, which is reportedly preferred by 28% of future purchasers, down from 32% in the earlier survey. Mac Rumors site

dpw2atox

Reaction score
I believe it is not a question of if but when will the Droid get 2.1. Initially the leaked document said Jan 22nd, but they might have just estimated based on the progress of 2.1 at the time that it would be completed easily before the 22nd. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see 2.1 released on the Droid within the next week or two.

Really all I hope to see in the 2.1 release for the Droid is optimizations which allow some of the 3d features, live wallpapers, etc to use the GPU instead of just the CPU.

rp683

Reaction score
Yes, Today is Google Nexus One Day [With Demo Videos] | Android Community

Google didn’t want to comment about other potential products being sold through Google, but for those who are wondering, “electric cars” are not on the list. They are also “considering” on adding multitouch support in future to the Nexus One They also said: “Some of the subsequent phones will be dual-mode for global roaming between CDMA/GSM/HSPA”. But don’t expect a Nexus One on Verizon with those capabilities. When asked about Nexus One eating DROID sales, Dr. Sanjay Jha from Motorola said: “Both are great phones; Peter and I compete in the marketplace to build the best product we can. We’ll update DROID to latest Android version, and we’ll bring something out after the Nexus One to keep competing.” So as you can see, we can expect another great phone from Motorola.

Status
Not open for further replies.