maybe old news.. but 2.1 will be here 1/26 or 1/27 apparently..

jnd121

Reaction score
@Martin030908

Is that the old Hartford Whalers logo? So awesome!! I prefer my old team's fisherman logo (Islanders) LOL! :icon_ banana:

Jokool_7777

Reaction score
More and more Im starting to not care. All I wanted it for was the Live wallpapers anyway so I'll get it when I get it.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
It will be here whenever, got 2.1 apps, I can wait for the tweaked OS.

Besides, all of us will suffer post upgrade trauma afterwards, and then we'll be dealing with the 3.0 "when?" Threads...

Big Cam

Reaction score
It will be here whenever, got 2.1 apps, I can wait for the tweaked OS.

Besides, all of us will suffer post upgrade trauma afterwards, and then we'll be dealing with the 3.0 "when?" Threads...
Exactly, it's here once my phone prompts be to download it.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Meh. Rumors are rumors. That's why I don't count on 'em. It's just a way to set yourself up for disappointment for no good reason.

Magdroid

Reaction score
If it's one thing I've learned, it is NOT to believe VZW reps. Mose people here know more than they do.

sometimes they are accurate, sometimes they are not... that's why he stated, take it for what it's worth. It may not come out tomorrow or the day after, he's merely relaying information he heard.

I understand this whole-heartedly. The problem is the people that are new to smartphones (like people just getting their droid/smartphone for the first time) that will take that statement and run with it. Just letting them know unless there is pics from a VZW rep..it's most likely FAIL. :icon_ banana:

wickedgrip

Reaction score
kind of a dumb question but do you guys think that having Home++ will get in the way of 2.1 download notification on my phone?

baniels

Reaction score
kind of a dumb question but do you guys think that having Home++ will get in the way of 2.1 download notification on my phone?

I don't see why it would. Does it get in the way of other notifications?

bhall238

Reaction score
Well Verizon reps were warned Wednesday will be a very busy for them. But most assume its because of whatever Apple will be announcing.

When Verizon gets the iPhone, one would hope that their stores would be notified and trained on it beforehand. They're not just suddenly going to have them in stock the morning of release and have zero knowledge of how to set them up for customers.

If it's just a "warning" that they'll have a busy day, but no details on why, it's not going to be due to new hardware coming in. Obviously I can't say it's because of 2.1, but a change to something they already offer is more likely. It could be as simple as new TOS, or the new pricing they've been advertising, or as complex as network infrastructure maintenance, something that will generate lots of customer calls.

This makes more sense than having a busy day because of something that Apple is releasing.

Meto

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
Getting irritated with all of the rumors... Just send it already... geesh:work1:

Skymutt

Reaction score
Thanks to someone else's thread (now closed) where they claimed to see a statement about 2.1 (but not in the official Moto Twitter page) I actually found a hint from Moto! It's nothing much, but I quote:

"@mpilarczyk Glad you're loving your Droid! Stay tuned here for timing details :) 2:09 PM Jan 26th from web in reply to mpilarczyk"

And also:

"@benhaube We can confirm that the Droid will get Android 2.1. Stay tuned here for news on timing. 10:27 AM Jan 26th from web in reply to benhaube"
While this could mean Stay Tuned all fraking year, it sure feels like they may at least release some more info soon.

Rettocs

Reaction score
I heard from my neighbor that it will be as early as February, or as late as June. I'm pretty sure he is right.