2.1 coming in a couple of days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc4fpse

Reaction score
Woo! Apparently, they just announced that we would be getting 2.1 in a couple of days! The wait is almost over, folks!

Randomocity

Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen, merry christmas.

and Martin, he meant 2.1 on the droid..... Sometime this week!

Goodbye buggy ports, hello Flan!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen, merry christmas.

and Martin, he meant 2.1 on the droid..... Sometime this week!

Goodbye buggy ports, hello Flan!

I know I know... just trying to keep the mess down because we're all going crazy right now :).
Sorry guys. :icon_eek:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow, what a let down. I thought either this was going to be a thread with a link to verify we were getting 2.1 in the next couple of days. Either that or it was another "A Verizon rep told me" thread. It didn't turn out to be either. I don't even get the pleasure of flaming the OP.:closed_2:

Finkle

Reaction score
From the Gizmodo live blog, at the event:

Jason Chen:
Q: Why was it necessary for Google to design the phone? Why couldn’t it just be an HTC phone running the new flavor of Android? And will these new features becoming to Droid?
A: It’s inaccurate to say Google designed the phone (points to HTC CEO). [Google] is just merchandising it online. Everybody will get 2.1 when it’s open source, within a couple of days.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, once again my training on the Blackberry Storm comes into play. I'll believe it when I see it.

Randomocity

Reaction score
Wow, what a let down. I thought either this was going to be a thread with a link to verify we were getting 2.1 in the next couple of days. Either that or it was another "A Verizon rep told me" thread. It didn't turn out to be either. I don't even get the pleasure of flaming the OP.:closed_2:
Be nice Bill....

Oh and read ze liveblogs/engadget/gizmodo. They made me and my droid smile today!

EDIT EDIT: Or not, its already been quoted correctly, but its on the liveblogs.

Also, apparently 2.1 isnt Flan, just an extension of eclair, which kinda makes sense given the changes if you think about it. I'm just happy to have it without the stupid keyboard backlight bug and the launcher bug.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You guys don't understand. Having a negative attitude and seeing such positive results is so much more rewarding then having a negative attitude and being right.

Status
Not open for further replies.