maybe old news.. but 2.1 will be here 1/26 or 1/27 apparently..

rebornlaxer

Reaction score
I want it to come out tomorrow and I think that its a good idea for them to release it, but i am wondering if they will even with all the apple stuff going on.

Demo24

Reaction score
11:04 am ON Jan 5 2010 nexus release conference
Jason Chen:
Q: Why was it necessary for Google to design the phone? Why couldn't it just be an HTC phone running the new flavor of Android? And will these new features becoming to Droid?
A: It's inaccurate to say Google designed the phone (points to HTC CEO). [Google] is just merchandising it online. Everybody will get 2.1 when it's open source, within a couple of days. ( DID YOU NOTICE THIS SAYS A COUPLE DAYS AND THIS CONFERENCE WAS JANUARY 5th. AND THIS WAS STATED DIRECTLY FROM GOOGLE). YOU CAN READ IT HERE>>>> Google Nexus One Liveblog Archive - archive - Gizmodo

You are taking that out of context. He is simply stating the code would be released within a couple days of the Nexus one release, which launched 2.1. It does not say phones will get the update within a few days. That takes much longer.

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
It'll be busy for Verizon on Wednesday because either of the iPhone going to Verizon and/or Apple's stupid Tablet.

mikes

Reaction score
Everybody will get 2.1 when it's open source, within a couple of days. ( DID YOU NOTICE THIS SAYS A COUPLE DAYS AND THIS CONFERENCE WAS JANUARY 5th. AND THIS WAS STATED DIRECTLY FROM GOOGLE). YOU CAN READ IT HERE>>>>
And so it is. Here you go. Knock yourself out.

btalley0

Reaction score
I started working for Verizon as a sales rep about 3 weeks ago. i check my corporate e-mails each day hoping they will say something about 2.1. and nothing so far. they leave us out of the loop also. i want 2.1 to come out just as bad as everyone else. i get alot more information off this forum than what verizon tells me. kind of sad how that is. lol. but i hope it comes out tommorow. if the bugs are worked out of course :p

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I never believe anything that a Verizon Rep says. Hate to be a party pooper but I've spent a lot of time in Crackberry and I think these reps no less then we do. I truly hope I'm wrong.

LrdElderon

Reaction score
Verizon probably won't know when they are going to ota it until they actually get it from motorola which is the company that is actually doing the 2.1 for us moto droid users i believe.

No point in pestering vzw about it. they'll do it when moto hands it off.

Skymutt

Reaction score
Well Verizon reps were warned Wednesday will be a very busy for them. But most assume its because of whatever Apple will be announcing.

When Verizon gets the iPhone, one would hope that their stores would be notified and trained on it beforehand. They're not just suddenly going to have them in stock the morning of release and have zero knowledge of how to set them up for customers.

If it's just a "warning" that they'll have a busy day, but no details on why, it's not going to be due to new hardware coming in. Obviously I can't say it's because of 2.1, but a change to something they already offer is more likely. It could be as simple as new TOS, or the new pricing they've been advertising, or as complex as network infrastructure maintenance, something that will generate lots of customer calls.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It'll be busy for Verizon on Wednesday because either of the iPhone going to Verizon and/or Apple's stupid Tablet.
My thoughts as well. They'd announce that VZW 'will' carry said products. Not that they'll be in store that day. They wouldn't just dump that bombshell on employees with no preparation.

But people will here iXXX + VZW and you know they'll be in the store asking.
Just IMO :)

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score

The rumors are that Verizon will be offering the tablet at a reduced price when signing up for a two year data plan, so that could be it. Even if they were to release 2.1 today it would probably be to a very limikted number of people as they did the first day of 2.0.1 so I don't think it would be a busy day for Verizon reps.