maybe old news.. but 2.1 will be here 1/26 or 1/27 apparently..

Discussion in 'Android Forum' started by autigers1101, Jan 26, 2010.

1. New2u

New2u Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +83
    sometimes they are accurate, sometimes they are not... that's why he stated, take it for what it's worth. It may not come out tomorrow or the day after, he's merely relaying information he heard.

2. ConqSoft

ConqSoft Active Member

Ratings:
    +12
    ^^ I approve this post.

3. djjoestylez1981

djjoestylez1981 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    11:04 am ON Jan 5 2010 nexus release conference
    Jason Chen:
    Q: Why was it necessary for Google to design the phone? Why couldn't it just be an HTC phone running the new flavor of Android? And will these new features becoming to Droid?
    A: It's inaccurate to say Google designed the phone (points to HTC CEO). [Google] is just merchandising it online. Everybody will get 2.1 when it's open source, within a couple of days. ( DID YOU NOTICE THIS SAYS A COUPLE DAYS AND THIS CONFERENCE WAS JANUARY 5th. AND THIS WAS STATED DIRECTLY FROM GOOGLE). YOU CAN READ IT HERE>>>> Google Nexus One Liveblog Archive - archive - Gizmodo

4. rebornlaxer

rebornlaxer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I want it to come out tomorrow and I think that its a good idea for them to release it, but i am wondering if they will even with all the apple stuff going on.

5. Demo24

Demo24 New Member

Ratings:
    +0

You are taking that out of context. He is simply stating the code would be released within a couple days of the Nexus one release, which launched 2.1. It does not say phones will get the update within a few days. That takes much longer.

6. patriot839

patriot839 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How about the next post about 2.1 on the droid is when someone gets an official OTA till then just relax

7. unix.punkx

unix.punkx Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It'll be busy for Verizon on Wednesday because either of the iPhone going to Verizon and/or Apple's stupid Tablet.

8. mikes

mikes Member

Ratings:
    +0
    And so it is. Here you go. Knock yourself out.

9. btalley0

btalley0 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I started working for Verizon as a sales rep about 3 weeks ago. i check my corporate e-mails each day hoping they will say something about 2.1. and nothing so far. they leave us out of the loop also. i want 2.1 to come out just as bad as everyone else. i get alot more information off this forum than what verizon tells me. kind of sad how that is. lol. but i hope it comes out tommorow. if the bugs are worked out of course :p

10. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I never believe anything that a Verizon Rep says. Hate to be a party pooper but I've spent a lot of time in Crackberry and I think these reps no less then we do. I truly hope I'm wrong.

11. LrdElderon

LrdElderon Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Verizon probably won't know when they are going to ota it until they actually get it from motorola which is the company that is actually doing the 2.1 for us moto droid users i believe.

No point in pestering vzw about it. they'll do it when moto hands it off.

12. Skymutt

Skymutt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When Verizon gets the iPhone, one would hope that their stores would be notified and trained on it beforehand. They're not just suddenly going to have them in stock the morning of release and have zero knowledge of how to set them up for customers.

If it's just a "warning" that they'll have a busy day, but no details on why, it's not going to be due to new hardware coming in. Obviously I can't say it's because of 2.1, but a change to something they already offer is more likely. It could be as simple as new TOS, or the new pricing they've been advertising, or as complex as network infrastructure maintenance, something that will generate lots of customer calls.