maybe old news.. but 2.1 will be here 1/26 or 1/27 apparently..

autigers1101

Reaction score
I just went to the verizon store to hopefully get a new battery because of the poor battery life I have been having on my droid. the rep there told me to hold on to the phone for a couple more days because an update would be coming "tomorrow or the next day" to help battery life. I am assuming he was talking about 2.1. take it for what its worth.

mikes

Reaction score
I have it from a good source that 2.1 will be here May 26, plus or minus 3 months.

OP
A

autigers1101

Reaction score
im not saying it WILL here tomorrow.. just thought I would share that piece of info. ill think twice next time.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i moved your thread over to the android forum where all the other 2.1 threads are, in case you go looking for it..

thanks for the heads up ;)

techguru

Reaction score
im not saying it WILL here tomorrow.. just thought I would share that piece of info. ill think twice next time.

I for one am glad you did post it. Nice to hear that someone at Verizon thinks an update is coming. Accurate or not.

(I also thought the response was pretty funny, and not nearly mean enough to get you to inhibit posting rumors).

Alan

jim_stem

Reaction score
Well Verizon reps were warned Wednesday will be a very busy for them. But most assume its because of whatever Apple will be announcing.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Thanks for sharing. Whether it's true or not it's still interesting to read what people are hearing.

struong57

Reaction score
sounds like the rep just told you that so he/she would not have to deal with your battery problem/complaint.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow last week any rumor would be believed and this week people think we'll never get the update.

This is like a drug to some of you huh.

I bet it comes out tomorrow like he says.

Magdroid

Reaction score
If it's one thing I've learned, it is NOT to believe VZW reps. Mose people here know more than they do.

hart.jordan

Reaction score
If it's one thing I've learned, it is NOT to believe VZW reps. Mose people here know more than they do.

i agree with this... but it would be nice to see some kind of progress for this awesome :greendroid: platform.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

sometimes they are accurate, sometimes they are not... that's why he stated, take it for what it's worth. It may not come out tomorrow or the day after, he's merely relaying information he heard.

djjoestylez1981

Reaction score
11:04 am ON Jan 5 2010 nexus release conference
Jason Chen:
Q: Why was it necessary for Google to design the phone? Why couldn't it just be an HTC phone running the new flavor of Android? And will these new features becoming to Droid?
A: It's inaccurate to say Google designed the phone (points to HTC CEO). [Google] is just merchandising it online. Everybody will get 2.1 when it's open source, within a couple of days. ( DID YOU NOTICE THIS SAYS A COUPLE DAYS AND THIS CONFERENCE WAS JANUARY 5th. AND THIS WAS STATED DIRECTLY FROM GOOGLE). YOU CAN READ IT HERE>>>> Google Nexus One Liveblog Archive - archive - Gizmodo