Verizon wireless discounting familiy plans for smartphone users

J

JohnDroid

verizonlogo.jpg

If you have a smart phone and you also subscribe to a family plan you should be in store for some Verizon discounts soon. According to the Wall Street Journal a new promotion will start Friday and allow signups through January 7th. It will require customers to have the $29.99 per month unlimited data plan. The WSJ did not specify the discount but reported that discounts could be up to $30 off...

Hopefully we'll see a significant discount that might make the family plan a bit more affordable. We are hoping for an official announcement from Verizon and will report it as soon as we get one.

(Source: BGR)

GuitrDad

Reaction score
A friend of my son's forwarded the initial Verizon email to me a few days ago. I called Verizon, and at first they were reluctant to honor the discount, indicating I would soon receive the same email, but they finally agreed to the discount. Bottom line: $69.99 for 450 mins, unlimited texting, and UNLIMITED DATA (2-line plan is 1400 mins, unlim text/data is $139.99, and an additional $19.99 per line for the same features). This dropped my existing 4-line plan by $55/month, and was enough to sway me to get a Droid, so I picked up a Samsung Fascinate, and am loving it.

V1V1D

Reaction score
A friend of my son's forwarded the initial Verizon email to me a few days ago. I called Verizon, and at first they were reluctant to honor the discount, indicating I would soon receive the same email, but they finally agreed to the discount. Bottom line: $69.99 for 450 mins, unlimited texting, and UNLIMITED DATA (2-line plan is 1400 mins, unlim text/data is $139.99, and an additional $19.99 per line for the same features). This dropped my existing 4-line plan by $55/month, and was enough to sway me to get a Droid, so I picked up a Samsung Fascinate, and am loving it.

That is just like the email that was sent out a week ago or so that everyone was jumping to get on board. I did the same plan as you. You really can't beat that deal/

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Hm this will be great for me! Can someone calculate my savings if I can switch to this? lol im too tired to think right now. I have a family plan and my line and girlfriends line are both smarthphones with data plans. Then I have 3 additional non-smartphone lines on my plan. Plus an extra $10 a month because my girlfriend and I both use the 250 texts a month. I think my bill is around $180 every month right now.

crackedvenom

Reaction score
yeah im the only one in the group of three that has a smart phone. they have phones that require the 9.99 plan. we have 1400 minutes. any idea how much id save? im honestly not sure how to do the calculating.

cjriddle22

Reaction score

was enough to sway me to get a Droid, so I picked up a Samsung Fascinate, and am loving it.

^ Does not compute...^

But yeah everything else you said is accurate and correct. It saves me $40/month with my two Droid X's.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I have 4 lines and 3 smartphones and the 1400 min unlimited text and data promotion saved me $60.00 off the base plan. Before I was paying $240.00 base and am not at $179.00 (before taxes, fees & ringback tones)

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering as well. Our family plan has 4 phones I'm the only one with the smartphone can this still apply?

cjriddle22

Reaction score
So i got 4 lines 3 smartphones... how will this affect me?

You will in essence save $20/month from each unlimited data plan. Basically this promotion charges you the same $29.99/month for unlimited data for each line, but gives a $20 credit back to each line. So its basically $9.99 for unlimited data per line.

Jamis0n

Reaction score
I pay currently 30 a month. Can some one provide a link?

8pened!