Verizon wireless discounting familiy plans for smartphone users

mikejody

Reaction score
i cant go into too much detail about the promotion but i can tell you that based on everything that i have read in this post everyone is WAY off on their expectations...

But you did not tell them whether they were way off to the good side, or the bad side. Kind of a useless post, huh?

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I'm gonna guess bad side. The original article says that it could be up to 30 off the bill. I'm pretty sure they decided that discounting each line 20 bucks was a little too much and decided to take that amount down since they're going to be offering it to everybody on family plans soon.

mikejody

Reaction score
I'm gonna guess bad side. The original article says that it could be up to 30 off the bill. I'm pretty sure they decided that discounting each line 20 bucks was a little too much and decided to take that amount down since they're going to be offering it to everybody on family plans soon.

You're right. I just called and got a discount of $3.00 a month total off of 4 lines. Hey it's something :).

_Killer_

Reaction score
I see that the first post says they will be offering this through jan. 7th..?? Does anyone know if that is accurate??

Reason I ask, I bought my phones through lets talk.. IF i change my rate plan/data plans to something "lesser" before a 6th month deadline then LETSTALK will NOT receive their commissions for my activations and they will charge ME full retail price of the phones.. .. .. My 6month mark is Jan 1st.. exactly so.. kind of hoping I can take advantage of this.. since I have 2 phones on a family plan.. BOTH are data phones.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
I called after reading the original email. I have five lines: 2 droids, 1 ally, and 2 feature phones. Plan: 1400 minutes, unlimited N/W, unlimited texting, and the friends and family package (call any 10 numbers for free). With the new plan the two feature phones receive unlimited internet for $10/each/mo extra, 3 smartphones received $20 off/month. Total SAVINGS for me was $10/month. I upgraded from the advertised $69.99/month - 450 minutes to the 1400 minutes. That is why my savings aren't significantly higher. I would have saved an additional $50/month if we could do with only 450 minutes. Hope this helps everyone figure out what they can get.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

_Killer_

Reaction score
I called after reading the original email. I have five lines: 2 droids, 1 ally, and 2 feature phones. Plan: 1400 minutes, unlimited N/W, unlimited texting, and the friends and family package (call any 10 numbers for free). With the new plan the two feature phones receive unlimited internet for $10/each/mo extra, 3 smartphones received $20 off/month. Total SAVINGS for me was $10/month. I upgraded from the advertised $69.99/month - 450 minutes to the 1400 minutes. That is why my savings aren't significantly higher. I would have saved an additional $50/month if we could do with only 450 minutes. Hope this helps everyone figure out what they can get.

my bill each month is about 175 for 2 phones 700 min unlimited data on both, 10 bux txt on both, and ins on both(6 bux each i think).. after taxes it totals to just under 175..

the new rate plan will be 139.99 (pre tax) and will include 1400 min (i think the add any 10 numbers) unlimited txt and data... after tax i'm probably gonna be saving 15-20 bux PLUS gaining minutes and txt so.. i'm game, as long as they offer it through the first of the year.

crackedvenom

Reaction score
can somone tell me how to calculate this? we have 3 phones. droid, and two other phones which require the 9.99 plan. unlimited texting and 1400 minutes. our bill is 210 and some tax usually.

_Killer_

Reaction score
can somone tell me how to calculate this? we have 3 phones. droid, and two other phones which require the 9.99 plan. unlimited texting and 1400 minutes. our bill is 210 and some tax usually.

two "others" are feature phones?? that's kinda key...

IF they were all smart phones it would be 139.99 (for the first two) and 19.99 for the 3rd.. unlimited txt/data on all..

Wadman

Reaction score
So I pay roughly 175 bucks for myself and my wife to share 700 minutes. My primary line is $60.00 and when I go to my verizon and change plan the 60 is marked out and $49.00 is right there beside it...I wonder if this means I need to change my plan for this discount to take place or if it will automatically roll onto my next bill???? Anyone else seeing this on their account?

nubby

Reaction score
Tried again but was told I had to pay the $19.99 for a "dumb" phone line in my family plan.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Tried again but was told I had to pay the $19.99 for a "dumb" phone line in my family plan.

Just upgrade it to a smart phone and every thing will be alright. Anyway$ 19.99 for a dumb phone to have unlimited web and text is still really good.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

NeoandGeo

Reaction score
I'm still a little confused. I currently have a Droid, and an enV3 on my account. Pay roughly $143 for 700 minutes / 500 text each line / $30 data on Droid. Would I be able to upgrade to the $140 plan and then pay something like $155 and get unlimited data on each? Or is it only for plans that consist of smartphones?

uidb5259

Reaction score
I tried calling Verizon about this discount and they stated that there is a specific phone number on the email to call to get this offer and it could not be done thorugh the main group. Can comeone please send me the email or phone number to call?

manhatton

Reaction score
Neoandgeo.........You'd pay the $140 for 1400min, unltd txt and data for both Droid and env3, if you added another line (no matter what kind of phone) it'd be 19.99 and have unlimited txt and data stil sharing that 1400min.

Just called the number on the flyer email and changed over. Yes!!