Verizon is Planning to Reduce MORE Everything Plans by $10 on Thursday (Adding More Options Too)

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
vzw-more-everything-new-plans.jpg

A bit of sneaky intel has leaked from the Big Red machine. According to the latest reports, Verizon is planning on some change-ups to their MORE Everything plans and will actually be getting more competitive by cutting prices and adding new data options.

The first obvious change to add extra value for customers is related to the Verizon Edge plans. Verizon's standard access charge for Verizon Edge discount on plans 6GB and higher will now be reduced by $25 on all of those plans for being an Edge or month-to-month customer. Anyone on the 4GB or lower plan will still get the standard $15 discount.

But that's not all. It looks like most of Verizon's MORE Everything plans will be getting a $10 cut in price, and a couple new ones will be added. Here are the details:
  • 2GB: $40 (previously $50)
  • 3GB: $50 (previously $60)
  • 4GB: $60 (previously $50)
  • 6GB: $70 (New Offering)
  • 8GB: $80 (New Offering)
  • 10GB: $100 (previously $80)
  • 12GB: $110 (New Offering)
  • 14GB: $120 (New Offering)
  • 16GB: $130 (New Offering)
  • 20GB: $140 (previously $150)
From what was reported, it looks like these are only temporary promotions, so you may want to let friends and family know ASAP. There's one more offer that Verizon is cooking up. Supposedly they will be giving $100 bill credits for each and every line you switch to Verizon using Verizon Edge.

Someone look out the window and see if pigs are flying, because it's pretty rare when Verizon decides to get so competitive on pricing.

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Wasn't the 15 GB, $100. Seems like they are offering less for more money now. THAT'S the Verizon I know.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Interesting. When I dropped unlimited data, I picked up the 2GB plan because that's about all I had been using previously. They gave me an extra GB free for something like 2 years.

So now, do I get to keep that promotional extra GB if I switch to the 3GB plan, bumping me up to 4 until that promotional time runs out? If not, I'm not getting anything extra or saving any money, but I AM locking in 3GB/mo for the same price I'm paying now for the 3 that will eventually turn into 2.

Will have to look into and study this one.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Interesting. When I dropped unlimited data, I picked up the 2GB plan because that's about all I had been using previously. They gave me an extra GB free for something like 2 years.

So now, do I get to keep that promotional extra GB if I switch to the 3GB plan, bumping me up to 4 until that promotional time runs out? If not, I'm not getting anything extra or saving any money, but I AM locking in 3GB/mo for the same price I'm paying now for the 3 that will eventually turn into 2.

Will have to look into and study this one.

While not always the case, promos typically get removed when you switch plans.

If switching things yourself online causes you to lose it, you might be able to hold onto it if you call Verizon customer service and have them switch your plan.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wasn't the 15 GB, $100. Seems like they are offering less for more money now. THAT'S the Verizon I know.
I think that was a special promo they had for a while.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
While not always the case, promos typically get removed when you switch plans.

If switching things yourself online causes you to lose it, you might be able to hold onto it if you call Verizon customer service and have them switch your plan.
Yeah, that was my plan, because I figured about the same thing you stated.

I haven't reached the top of that 3GB limit since I switched, so I think it's still worth it even if I don't get the extra GB to bump my plan up to 3GB full-time instead of until the promotion runs out.

Of course, we'll be looking into a family plan once the fiance's contract on her mom's account ends too, so maybe none of this will matter by then anyway, but in the meantime, I think it's at least worth looking into.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Okay, can someone tell me how much it would be for 2 lines on a Everything plan with 8GB and 10GB of data?

I am way too much of a lazy turd to look up the info myself.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
This is from looking today.
View attachment 74221
Notice the * by every price listed. I'm sure there's some fine print there that lets you know it's a promotional offer.

Another article I read on this subject mentions the hike in price of the $80 plan and says that those were promotional prices from the start, so we should've expected them to go up in cost.

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Notice the * by every price listed. I'm sure there's some fine print there that lets you know it's a promotional offer.

Another article I read on this subject mentions the hike in price of the $80 plan and says that those were promotional prices from the start, so we should've expected them to go up in cost.

Yeah, I kind of figured it was promotional. I am still have UDP, but my 2 kids have 2 GB. Thought about shared, but haven't found something for me to give up the UDP...also it will cost more.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeah, I kind of figured it was promotional. I am still have UDP, but my 2 kids have 2 GB. Thought about shared, but haven't found something for me to give up the UDP...also it will cost more.
I made the switch because I wasn't using over 2GB and it was about the same cost for me, but I could take advantage of the Edge program and other subsidy deals when upgrading my devices.

Was looking into a shared plan with 2 lines where we'd share 10GB, but can't pull the trigger on that until the fiance's contract is up on her mom's account, so I'm sure that deal will be gone. Wouldn't have been much more than what I'm already paying, but we'd both have 5GB and not have to worry at all about going over.

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I made the switch because I wasn't using over 2GB and it was about the same cost for me, but I could take advantage of the Edge program and other subsidy deals when upgrading my devices.

Was looking into a shared plan with 2 lines where we'd share 10GB, but can't pull the trigger on that until the fiance's contract is up on her mom's account, so I'm sure that deal will be gone. Wouldn't have been much more than what I'm already paying, but we'd both have 5GB and not have to worry at all about going over.

I am usually between 8-12ish per month. Never on WiFi. I am sure it would drop if using WiFi at home. I am really liking the Note 4, but can't pull the trigger. S4 is holding up nicely, just want the bigger screen.