Verizon wireless discounting familiy plans for smartphone users

manhatton

Reaction score
I tried calling Verizon about this discount and they stated that there is a specific phone number on the email to call to get this offer and it could not be done thorugh the main group. Can comeone please send me the email or phone number to call?

The link is in post #16 page 2.

Mad1ben2

Reaction score
Oh well, it wasn't obvious (at least to me) when reading this thread that only people eligible for a 2-yr upgrade can take advantage of this. I have 2 smartphones (droidx and blackberry) and a regular phone and when I called they said I wasn't eligible for upgrading and therefore could not take advantage of these reduced prices...

sam5828

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with them on this plan, the way it works is if you do not currently have a smart phone on your primary line. You can upgrade to a smart phone and they give you the 29.99 data discount for the phone. So if you already have a smartphone like me on your primary it does you no good you are better ff going to the unlimited packed posted on the site now or staying where you are.

crazy650

Reaction score
thats not right, so your saying cause my main line have a droid phone i cant get the discount thats not right if you ask me. Imy last bill cost me $230.82 . the break down of it is 110 + 30 1400min plan plus data main line. line two is 10 for line plus 30 for data line 3 is 10 line 4 is 10. Know i change change my plan this mounth to change a line cause we changed out a normal phone for a droid phone so had to add the 30 for data well not see that show up till next mounth. can i do anyhting to save money? seeing i well know have 3 phones tha have data on them?

Last edited by a moderator:

sam5828

Reaction score
thats not right, so your saying cause my main line have a droid phone i cant get the discount thats not right if you ask me. Imy last bill cost me $230.82 . the break down of it is 110 + 30 1400min plan plus data main line. line two is 10 for line plus 30 for data line 3 is 10 line 4 is 10. Know i change change my plan this mounth to change a line cause we changed out a normal phone for a droid phone so had to add the 30 for data well not see that show up till next mounth. can i do anyhting to save money? seeing i well know have 3 phones tha have data on them?

no not on this plan, but get on this one it will save you more http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/95195-new-unlimited-plan-big-red.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
PLEASE do not swear to avoid the filter. This is a warning to all.

TBV

Reaction score
Correct info

The discount is as follows:

Any secondary line on a family share that either performs an ELIGIBLE upgrade from a non-smartphone to a smartphone, or adds a new line to the account that includes a smartphone purchase for use on the new line (the $29.99 data plan only, not the new $15 one), the $9.99 monthly fee for the voice minutes is dropped...both of the above require a two year agreement.

Over a 24 month period that equates to a savings of $240 for each line that participates in said promo.

So instead of that secondary line being $9.99 for the sharing of minutes + $29.99 for the unlimited data = $40/month, said line will now be just $29.99/monthly.

In case there has been any confusion, I hope this clears things up. TBV

stratjb

Reaction score
The discount is as follows:

Any secondary line on a family share that either performs an ELIGIBLE upgrade from a non-smartphone to a smartphone, or adds a new line to the account that includes a smartphone purchase for use on the new line (the $29.99 data plan only, not the new $15 one), the $9.99 monthly fee for the voice minutes is dropped...both of the above require a two year agreement.

Over a 24 month period that equates to a savings of $240 for each line that participates in said promo.

So instead of that secondary line being $9.99 for the sharing of minutes + $29.99 for the unlimited data = $40/month, said line will now be just $29.99/monthly.

In case there has been any confusion, I hope this clears things up. TBV

^ Nice clarification there!^

In addition, it appears that this is not "stackable" with the Unlimited Talk and Text plus Data promotion from last week. Only one Promo per line says Customer Service.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
How long is it running?

TBV

Reaction score
How long is it running?

Most promos last for 30 days, but being that this one is starting in the middle of the month (Nov 19th) & with Black Friday and the Xmas season starting, I would not be surprised to see it go through the end of the year.

Codiusprie

Reaction score
Alright, this thread is a mess so let me make sure I have this straight.

If I do not have an upgrade available on my main line I am not eligible for this? If I already have a smartphone on my primary line I am not eligible for this?

I am so very confused. Has this promotion officially started yet or no?