Verizon IS rolling out official Gingerbread to Droid X's....but there's a catch

wake4x4ptball

Reaction score
I don't get ota Gingerbread yet. Is cuz i'm rooted and they blocked it. Do I have to unroot then check ota? Will I still get free wireless tethering after Gingerbread. Or find a method to root it

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

dreamjaeil

Reaction score
I don't get ota Gingerbread yet. Is cuz i'm rooted and they blocked it. Do I have to unroot then check ota? Will I still get free wireless tethering after Gingerbread. Or find a method to root it

I haven't got my ota either and I have stock froyo. They either didn't release the gb officially or they are pushing it little by little but I think there's way too few people saying they got ota to say it is officially released

xan

Reaction score
99.993% of DX users havn't gotten this OTA.
and it looks like a few tweaks will need to be made first, before anyone else gets GB pushed from VRZ.

timelord

Reaction score
There isn't any official GB release, so I wouldn't bother checking every few hours for it. It will be all over forums when the ota does get pushed. So I wouldn't hold my breath for the official ota. It won't be out for some time I fear.

celoughrey

Reaction score
If the OTA is ever released, will those of us stock users who manually updated to GB get it or will we have to sbf back first?

Mick11

Reaction score
ok if I want to have the ota update do I have to sbf or can I restore to backup?

celoughrey

Reaction score
Anyone heard any new info when the official OTA will be released?

simpsonao17

Reaction score
I heard the official ota was going to be streaming out soon. Don't take my word for it though. I seen it on another post in a different forum

rcglider

Reaction score
I don't know. After going through several roms, I settled on the latest Liberty version and now am very pleased with the performance, stability, battery life and installed apps. It took considerable time tweaking it all.

Now all this talk about GB has me wondering if I'll have to start all over again with all the headaches. Will all the apps be functional?

Not sure if GB is worth it until devs get it all worked out, will stay with what I have until forced into updating.

simpsonao17

Reaction score
Same here GB did nothing but freeze and crash on me. Very unstable and liberty has been great. Until gb fixes all their kinks I'm settled. Although I admit it was an amazing rom when it worked

dreamjaeil

Reaction score
This site says May 10th may be the roll out date. Phonedog is pretty reputable. All of these secret may-be-starting-tonight-'cause-my-buddy-works-at-Verizon sources we see on these forums haven't been even close.

Motorola DROID X to be graced with Gingerbread on May 10th? | PhoneDog

Well, they are also quoting from site called "droid life" and I don't know how reputable that site is. Also, the website that this rumor originates from also says that this information is "completely unconfirmed". So I wouldn't get my hopes just yet.

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score
They are taking way to long with the OTA for all this wait GB better run without in problems