Verizon signed off on official gb for droid x!

Guyute

Reaction score
No OTA for me. I'm on Liberty GB v.5 I'll be staying far away from the OTA. When a new build is done for Liberty GB I'll flash that.

OP
Droid annoymous

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Thx. Now I just have to wait until the OTA. Ready forit any ideas when it might start yet?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Supposedly next week sometime. I believe there will be test roll outs to certain individuals then a full blown ota will be sent out. But as I stated before someone will grab the ota files so the rest of us don't have to wait for it to be available to pull p3droid will probably have it rooted within the day of the ota release then roms/themes will be made.

Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up.

steeveegee

Reaction score
bah!

if its anything like the 2.2 update they can keep it!
my phone finally works perfect after the patch
i don't need another flawed update
the same people who are crying that the update isnt out will be the same people complaining about the bugs

leonozug

Reaction score
According to P3Droid, as of tonight, the only way to recieve the update when it rolls out is to SBF back to bone stock .340 froyo. Being on the leaked .595 non-rooted build won't take the OTA. Also, right now there is now way to root the final .596 build, even Gingerbreak won't work. So P3Droid said if you want root, DON'T take the OTA when it becomes available. I'm sure he'll find a way to root it though, it'll just take some time.

OP
Droid annoymous

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
According to P3Droid, as of tonight, the only way to recieve the update when it rolls out is to SBF back to bone stock .340 froyo. Being on the leaked .595 non-rooted build won't take the OTA. Also, right now there is now way to root the final .596 build, even Gingerbreak won't work. So P3Droid said if you want root, DON'T take the OTA when it becomes available. I'm sure he'll find a way to root it though, it'll just take some time.

Good thing I stayed on froyo with root instead of trying leaks even though it was tempting.

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
I am still on the first leak of GB 573. My phone works with out any issues including the tether feature. Going to stay away from the official release after reading what minimum improvements there have been with any of the additional leak releases. Far as I am concerned I am good to go with my Droid X Gingerbread installation.

leonozug

Reaction score
I am still on the first leak of GB 573. My phone works with out any issues including the tether feature. Going to stay away from the official release after reading what minimum improvements there have been with any of the additional leak releases. Far as I am concerned I am good to go with my Droid X Gingerbread installation.

rlarson, let me tell you man, I tried the first two leaks. They were ok, but I put Zombiestomped 1.65 on my X and it's amazing. I've been running it for over a week now with the "Dark Passenger" theme, clocked to 1.2Ghz, and it's sweet. I may just keep this instead of taking the official update. Jboxen, the dev who made it, has done an amazing job. It's on the .591 build. Hopefully he will be able to do something with the official build after it comes out. It's definitely worth a flash, ZERO troubles with this rom!!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score

Good thing I stayed on froyo with root instead of trying leaks even though it was tempting.

Tell me about it

Sent from my Liberated DROID2

IamGod2U

Reaction score

rlarson, let me tell you man, I tried the first two leaks. They were ok, but I put Zombiestomped 1.65 on my X and it's amazing. I've been running it for over a week now with the "Dark Passenger" theme, clocked to 1.2Ghz, and it's sweet. I may just keep this instead of taking the official update. Jboxen, the dev who made it, has done an amazing job. It's on the .591 build. Hopefully he will be able to do something with the official build after it comes out. It's definitely worth a flash, ZERO troubles with this rom!!

What he said. Complete agreement.

Rocko

Reaction score

It's for D2 not X.

drum747

Reaction score
Im having great luck with the same combo listed above. It's sweet. ZS and dark passenger oc'd to 1.2

leonozug

Reaction score

It's for D2 not X.

Rocko, Zombiestomped has builds out for the D2 and DX man. And the Dark Passenger theme works for either build.

leonozug

Reaction score
Im having great luck with the same combo listed above. It's sweet. ZS and dark passenger oc'd to 1.2

Smart man!! This rom is the first to make me leave Rubix Focused. And I never thought I would switch.