froyli

Reaction score
Didn't work for me it wont get the door access

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Didn't work for me it wont get the door access

It should work though I thought titanium works for rooted phones and gb is rooted now. Unless the dev who made the app didnt update it to work with the new gb.

Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up

froyli

Reaction score
I had the laked version that came out weeks ago and worked fine this new leak won't allow root access to titanium so idk everything else that needs root works so idk but I neeeeed it

dmacd1331

Reaction score
So is the rollout still happening and if it is what regions have gotten it.

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
So is the rollout still happening and if it is what regions have gotten it.

Everyone this isn't a ROLL OUT! The ota was a accident that a couple people have gotten. If you didn't get it then you will have to manually update.

Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up

Rocko

Reaction score
I had the laked version that came out weeks ago and worked fine this new leak won't allow root access to titanium so idk everything else that needs root works so idk but I neeeeed it

If your on the leak no need to go to this release. It's the same.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score

The new leak is not the same as the one that came out a few weeks ago.

But both are now rooted. The one that a small number of people got through an OTA, is the one that I am running and it was easily rooted.

SBF back to stock 2.2.340, root that with Z4 root, install the Droid2 Boot-Strap app(Not DroidX!), and there are 3 Zip files to download and copy to the SD card.

Boot into Bootstrap recovery, install the 3 files in order, reboot the phone and you will be on the latest release of GB and rooted.

Very easy to do.

DroidX Gingerbread 2.3.3(4.5.588) Install Patch with Root

Rocko

Reaction score

How so? What are the differences?

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score

Different version number of the software and blur, this one is signed by Motorola and the other one is not. There is a list somewhere of the differences, but being that this one is signed, you can manually install it without being rooted.

So if you are a stock, non-root user who just wants GB, you just have to copy the update.zip file to your SD card and boot into the stock recovery screen and apply the update.

You only have to do the other steps with the other files if you want it rooted.

Rocko

Reaction score

Different version number of the software and blur, this one is signed by Motorola and the other one is not. There is a list somewhere of the differences, but being that this one is signed, you can manually install it without being rooted.

So if you are a stock, non-root user who just wants GB, you just have to copy the update.zip file to your SD card and boot into the stock recovery screen and apply the update.

I understand that. What I mean is what is different about this and the leak that makes it worth the hassle?

timelord

Reaction score

I understand that. What I mean is what is different about this and the leak that makes it worth the hassle?

I don't know all the fine details, lets just say it fixed a few bugs and runs better/smoother than the 1st gb leak.

Rocko

Reaction score

I don't know all the fine details, lets just say it fixed a few bugs and runs better/smoother than the 1st gb leak.

Ok, becuase I tried both, they seemed identical except the keyboard haptic feedback was toned down a bit.