Droid X OTA to Gingerbread!?

aimless

Reaction score
Might as well close this thread, guys. I mean no offense to anybody. This just seems a little pointless now, huh?!

Edit: We're on the same team. Remember, it's US against THEM!!!!

sent from my Liberated DroidX

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tank, talk to many older guys lately? *insert humorous inside joke to break the tension*

;)

Sent from my VM670 using DroidForums App

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tank, talk to many older guys lately? *insert humorous inside joke to break the tension*

;)

Sent from my VM670 using DroidForums App

Lmao I totally forgot about that! Can't believe some people! XD

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Doesnt seem likke u were helping all I got was negative feedback for sharing my thoughts so im a idiot for that? And then some stuff I felt was incorrect I was critisized for having lack of knowledge??? Come on now im very aware of the os I commented on your opinion of gb being 2.5 or something and you seemed to get upset about it I didnt shoot down your post it just doesnt sound like gb would be 2.5 thats all I was trying to say. You said this is a discussion right everyone has their thoughts and opinions here noone has a forsure answer to what the os will be it could be 2.9 for all I care

Hmm ok tanknspank thanks for your pointless evaluation and insults :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Dude, I was trying to help you seem like less of an idiot on this forum and inform you on something you might not have known. I pointed out how it would make sense for the next version to be called gingerbread and you flat out ignore it and instead just shoot down my post. You are really something else.

If you have nothing of substance to post (i.e. your rumors you threw around), then why post at all? People try to hold conversations on here and having things thrown around does not help the conversation at all. If you have facts that point in one direction that gives a definitive answer, then post away. But what you have posted strays threads off course and misinforms someone, and makes yourself seems less intelligent in the process.

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
...........wow...... The last three pages were just like all over.

So anyway, this thread is about the Droid X getting Gingerbread from Motorola and Verizon, I don't know where Ice Cream and Honeycomb came from...

Anyone know about Motorola's Gingerbread updating? There was that one site with screenshots, and of course that dev who supposedly has it booting on his X, keeping to himself on the grounds that it is not good enough for a daily build status.

And what's this about six months? IF we get upgrades every six months OTA, wouldn't that mean March is our Gingerbread month? The X got Froyo in... September? And back then Froyo had been out for five months? April, right?
Please correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't get an Android phone until November.

But I think my dates are about right, which means if Motorola has any kind of pattern, Gingerbread should be on the X's by the end of the month, no?

Another interesting thought, if Google advances a letter every .1 update (ie 2.3 to 2.4) they're gonna run out of desserts pretty quick, it is logical to assume since H is at 3 (3.0) then Ice Cream will NOT be in the 2's (2.4), H comes before I guys!!!

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Your just going to have to wait noone truly knows when gb will be released it could be this month or next year who knows and for Ice cream sandwich honey comb is not for phones that's why ice cream sandwich is the next os after gb.

...........wow...... The last three pages were just like all over.

So anyway, this thread is about the Droid X getting Gingerbread from Motorola and Verizon, I don't know where Ice Cream and Honeycomb came from...

Anyone know about Motorola's Gingerbread updating? There was that one site with screenshots, and of course that dev who supposedly has it booting on his X, keeping to himself on the grounds that it is not good enough for a daily build status.

And what's this about six months? IF we get upgrades every six months OTA, wouldn't that mean March is our Gingerbread month? The X got Froyo in... September? And back then Froyo had been out for five months? April, right?
Please correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't get an Android phone until November.

But I think my dates are about right, which means if Motorola has any kind of pattern, Gingerbread should be on the X's by the end of the month, no?

Another interesting thought, if Google advances a letter every .1 update (ie 2.3 to 2.4) they're gonna run out of desserts pretty quick, it is logical to assume since H is at 3 (3.0) then Ice Cream will NOT be in the 2's (2.4), H comes before I guys!!!

luigi90210

Reaction score
idc about honeycomb or ice cream right now
I JUST WANT MY GINGERBREAD MOTOROLA
but anyhow i got to taste honeycomb on my nook color and it is AMAZING

Dejuanxg

Reaction score
Sure, gb on a device that has no GPS and other faulty hardware. Lets not forget lag fix. Ill take a blur crippled device. At least blur can be" fixed" lol. I actually kind of liked some of the blur my phone came with. Though other parts were annoying. I'm not slamming samsung with no insight either, my best friend had the t mobile version. He hated how crippled it was.

I had a droid 1 now I have a droid x and I can honestly say that the hate for moto blur (at least the version on the droid x) was over hyped I can barly tell it has a skin on it the only thing blur that you can't remove is the bar that pops up at the bottem of the screen where the app drawer is when you scroll threw the screens which is no big deal. srsly what is everyone winning about besides the locked bootloader and slow updates?

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Im not at all interested in gb because it isn't nothing compared to what I seen in honey comb so Im really interested in ice cream sandwich because it will incorporate hc in our phones gb just seems like some minor improvements to our phones and just some added color it seems better to just release ice cream sandwich because it will have gb and hc together but then the os order will probably be outta wack.

luigi90210

Reaction score
Sure, gb on a device that has no GPS and other faulty hardware. Lets not forget lag fix. Ill take a blur crippled device. At least blur can be" fixed" lol. I actually kind of liked some of the blur my phone came with. Though other parts were annoying. I'm not slamming samsung with no insight either, my best friend had the t mobile version. He hated how crippled it was.

I had a droid 1 now I have a droid x and I can honestly say that the hate for moto blur (at least the version on the droid x) was over hyped I can barly tell it has a skin on it the only thing blur that you can't remove is the bar that pops up at the bottem of the screen where the app drawer is when you scroll threw the screens which is no big deal. srsly what is everyone winning about besides the locked bootloader and slow updates?
oh trust me its something to hate big time
i got my DX as a warranty replacement for my OG droid and at first i loved blur because it added better social networking intergration but in the long run it has caused me so much problems i dont even know where to begin

Im not at all interested in gb because it isn't nothing compared to what I seen in honey comb so Im really interested in ice cream sandwich because it will incorporate hc in our phones gb just seems like some minor improvements to our phones and just some added color it seems better to just release ice cream sandwich because it will have gb and hc together but then the os order will probably be outta wack.

well i have used gingerbread before on my brothers droid inc and trust me it is so much faster than froyo
ice cream will be nice and some of the HC features would be nice but i think they are more tablet oriented than smart phone oriented(i would like the new gapps and such on my phone though)
gingerbread adds gpu acceleration which is a big plus imo

foxky

Reaction score
apparently honeycomb is a tablet only os, meaning its not optimized for phones which is evident by how slow the ports for the desire, etc

gingerbread is 2.3 for the nexus line, 2.4 for the rest of them, ice cream will most likely be 2.5 . honeycomb is a tablet os, again, so it shouldn't disrupt the smartphone os order.

tapped on my LibX 1.5

luigi90210

Reaction score
apparently honeycomb is a tablet only os, meaning its not optimized for phones which is evident by how slow the ports for the desire, etc

gingerbread is 2.3 for the nexus line, 2.4 for the rest of them, ice cream will most likely be 2.5 . honeycomb is a tablet os, again, so it shouldn't disrupt the smartphone os order.

tapped on my LibX 1.5

Actually thats cause there is no source code for honeycomb yet. Even on my nook color honeycomb isnt the smoothest os. Once aosp is released you will see more honeycomb roms appear and they might even be smooth on cell phones

qman66

Reaction score

tapped on my LibX 1.5

ice cream is not going to be 2.5 several people have said this but it doesnt make any sense for that to happen. ice cream will probably be 3.2 and jello 3.5

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Who cares if its 2.5 or not they just numbers to classify the os but it doesn't really make sense for it to be 2.5

tapped on my LibX 1.5

ice cream is not going to be 2.5 several people have said this but it doesnt make any sense for that to happen. ice cream will probably be 3.2 and jello 3.5

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Who cares if its 2.5 or not they just numbers to classify the os but it doesn't really make sense for it to be 2.5

tapped on my LibX 1.5

If it doesnt matter then why do you keep going on about it? Also, how does it not make sense for it to be 2.5? Like qman66 said, gb will prolly be 2.3 and 2.4.