Is Gingerbread Officialy coming to Droid X?

kman79

Reaction score
I was just wondering, has there been any official news or announcements stating that Motorola is developing Gingerbread and is officially releasing it for the Droid X?

I did a quick search, and didn't find anything official. Just wondering if I missed this.

No official announcements yet. But given the fact that the D1 got Froyo (and continues to be updated) gives me hope that we'll get Gingerbread.

I have no reason to believe that the DX won't get Gingerbread, just for the simple fact on how popular the phone is and since it has 1GHz processor and a lot of memory that can be upgraded. I think we will see it coming our way in the future.

Would be nice if Motorola decided to have stock gingerbread, but blurred to death.

What about the droid 2. I haven't been able to find anything on whether I'll get gingerbread or not. Insight?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

What about the droid 2. I haven't been able to find anything on whether I'll get gingerbread or not. Insight?

I see this is your first post. This is the Droid X thread, to start talking about another Droid might be considered "hijacking" the thread. I suggest you search in the Droid 2 area, it's talked about frequently.

I would certainly hope it's ported over, but I'm not altogether worried too much. There will most certainly be a ROM out there somewhere which is almost guaranteed to run better.

Yeah, sorry, I realized it after I submitted...

Droid X Definitley Getting Gingerbread

This is an official chat with a Motorola Representitive.

Please Veiw Attachment

I think it's pretty certain that all the newer generation phones will get it.

Id be very disappointed if the X doesn't get gingerbread.. but I think it will.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Back