[Theme] 928Droid "Black Glass" 2.2 for CM6 RC2 now available!

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
07/27/10 - NEW!!! All New "c revision" Updates for ALL 928Droid Black Glass Themes (excluding FRF84b).
Lots of new Tweaks, Enhancements and System Storage/Memory Improvements!

928Droid Black Glass "c revision" for CyanogenMod CM6-RC2 available for Download in Main Black Glass Thread (link in my sig)

"C Revision" Changelog:

• Includes Naked (Transparent) Contacts.apk
  • This Update also adds a "928Droid" folder on SDcard with Matching 928Droid Themed HTC_IME Gimpsta Keyboard app inside (install like any 3rd party apk)
  • 928Droid "Droid Does" custom CM LiveWallpapers
  • Bootanimation Changed to "Droid" version (certain ROMS)
  • Standard Wallpapers removed from Both Launchers (huge space savings in the internal system storage/memory) - CyanogenMod wallpapers added to SDCard in SDcard/928droid/CM-Wallpapers folder.
  • Droid Does Themed Wallpaper added to Both Launchers
  • ADW Launcher updated to latest v1.0.1
  • Enhancments to Status Bar and Notifications Icons, Framework-res Icons, Settings and Widgets enhancements, New Pulldown "bar", and more!

zach471

Reaction score
any chance of getting this on ROM manager? Sorry if this has been asked....

Jimmyzla

Reaction score
Seriously nice update.
Couple of questions -
After installing Market still wants to update Maps and Twitter. That overwrites your theme. Should I reapply or is there a better way?
Is there a way to get the keyboard with the red keys like the screen shot? I installed the themed one and hate the vibration on every key press - couldn't find a way to turn that off.
The power bar seems to have reverted to the stock colors with the new icons. Any chance of getting the colored icons back like in the notifications?
Thanks for all of your work.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Seriously nice update.
Couple of questions -
After installing Market still wants to update Maps and Twitter. That overwrites your theme. Should I reapply or is there a better way?
Is there a way to get the keyboard with the red keys like the screen shot? I installed the themed one and hate the vibration on every key press - couldn't find a way to turn that off.
The power bar seems to have reverted to the stock colors with the new icons. Any chance of getting the colored icons back like in the notifications?
Thanks for all of your work.

Ignore the updates...when their is a new version of those availalbe I will theme them and post an update like I did earlier with Maps and Twitter.

Keyboard www.gimpsta.com build your own custom version.

Haptic presses are in your settings

No other icon choices at this time, I can post a zip with those colored Icons and you can install them if you like.

You are welcome and thank you!

Jimmyzla

Reaction score
One more question - what is the clock/weather widget you are using in the screen caps? Very cool looking

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

I would be interested in having it on ROM Manager...but only in the "free" non-Premium area. I currently do my Themes for free for everyone here on DroidForums..and the fact they you would have to buy a Premium license to download it via ROM manager goes against my philsophy. I understand the paid version is supplying a service to get ROMs and Themes not affiliated with ROM manager and this cool and all that..just not for me at this time (maybe never???).

PLUS, the main reason is that DroidForums is my "Droid Home" and making my Themes available here is part of giving back to my "Droid Community". The Admins and Members here have been very good to me, and I am just trying to do my little part to contribute to DF.

It also brings new people into our community and that is usually (mostly :) a good thing. Not sure if you have noticed but a lot of questions in my Theme Threads are from new "1 post" users....

The downside is I am unhappy with the hosting company I am using for everyone to download the Themes...but I am working on a better solution.

For the moment I am currently uploading to a second location to be used as a "mirror" for the Theme Files.

PLUS, PLUS... being a MOD here, if I don't like your post in my Threads I can easily delete them, I can't do that anywhere else.. I KID, I KID...:)

dancedroid

zach471

Reaction score

I would be interested in having it on ROM Manager...but only in the "free" non-Premium area. I currently do my Themes for free for everyone here on DroidForums..and the fact they you would have to buy a Premium license to download it via ROM manager goes against my philsophy. I understand the paid version is supplying a service to get ROMs and Themes not affiliated with ROM manager and this cool and all that..just not for me at this time (maybe never???).

PLUS, the main reason is that DroidForums is my "Droid Home" and making my Themes available here is part of giving back to my "Droid Community". The Admins and Members here have been very good to me, and I am just trying to do my little part to contribute to DF.

It also brings new people into our community and that is usually (mostly :) a good thing. Not sure if you have noticed but a lot of questions in my Theme Threads are from new "1 post" users....

The downside is I am unhappy with the hosting company I am using for everyone to download the Themes...but I am working on a better solution.

For the moment I am currently uploading to a second location to be used as a "mirror" for the Theme Files.

PLUS, PLUS... being a MOD here, if I don't like your post in my Threads I can easily delete them, I can't do that anywhere else.. I KID, I KID...:)

dancedroid

That, sir, is a great response. Thanks!

Josh185

Reaction score
I just updated to the c revision of the theme and I am noticing my phone no longer can use GPS to acquire its location. I have google set to home page in browser and it usually activates gps to gain location, now it does not. Also my weather channel widget says gps unavailable but it is turned on. I have tried turning gps off and on and rebooting phone but still no fix.

Anyone else encountering this?

Running CM6 RC2.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I just updated to the c revision of the theme and I am noticing my phone no longer can use GPS to acquire its location. I have google set to home page in browser and it usually activates gps to gain location, now it does not. Also my weather channel widget says gps unavailable but it is turned on. I have tried turning gps off and on and rebooting phone but still no fix.

Running CM6 RC2.

Josh,

I am reloading CM6 RC2 and will be running some tests...give me a few hours and I will let you know what I find.

Josh185

Reaction score

Running CM6 RC2.

Josh,

I am reloading CM6 RC2 and will be running some tests...give me a few hours and I will let you know what I find.

Thank you Sir, much appreciated :)

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

Running CM6 RC2.

Josh,

This appears to be a Froyo or CM6 issue. I reloaded a fresh install of RC2 via ROM mananger (full wipe, no Theme) and here is what I found.

If the settings in Settings>Location and Security "Use GPS" and "Use Wireless networks" is checked , when I open the Browser it finds my location. BUT I know it is not using the GPS to do this because it says I am in Charlotte (2 hours away) because it is picking up my Network Extender (Verizon bug)..When it is checking for the location the GPS Icon in the Status bar appears and flashes as you would expect. But this is obviously not accurate.

BUT, if I go to Location and Security and uncheck "Use Wireless Networks" leaving "Use GPS Satellites" checked....then reopen Browser and hit refresh It says Location Not available..and the GPS Icon doesn't appear in the Status bar..... go figure.

I had the same behaviour when my Theme was applied...SO..this is a Froyo or CM6 issue unrelated to my Theme..at least as far as I can tell.

Please try the same tests as above and see what you get..basically it seems if you are not in a 3G Verizon area (or wi-Fi) the Location feature of Google will not work. It seems the GPS can only "enhance" the location that is found via wireless networks for the Browser.

OH, also I verified the GPS does work in maps and other apps, with or without my Theme.

Later I will check this behavior on other ROMs and Froyo release versions and see if it is the same..

Last edited:

Josh185

Reaction score
Josh,

This appears to be a Froyo or CM6 issue. I reloaded a fresh install of RC2 via ROM mananger (full wipe, no Theme) and here is what I found.

If the settings in Settings>Location and Security "Use GPS" and "Use Wireless networks" is checked , when I open the Browser it finds my location. BUT I know it is not using the GPS to do this because it says I am in Charlotte (2 hours away) because it is picking up my Network Extender (Verizon bug)..When it is checking for the location the GPS Icon in the Status bar appears and flashes as you would expect. But this is obviously not accurate.

BUT, if I go to Location and Security and uncheck "Use Wireless Networks" leaving "Use GPS Satellites" checked....then reopen Browser and hit refresh It says Location Not available..and the GPS Icon doesn't appear in the Status bar..... go figure.

I had the same behaviour when my Theme was applied...SO..this is a Froyo or CM6 issue unrelated to my Theme..at least as far as I can tell.

Please try the same tests as above and see what you get..basically it seems if you are not in a 3G Verizon area (or wi-Fi) the Location feature of Google will not work. It seems the GPS can only "enhance" the location that is found via wireless networks for the Browser.

OH, also I verified the GPS does work in maps and other apps, with or without my Theme.

Later I will check this behavior on other ROMs and Froyo release versions and see if it is the same..

Thanks for the reply,

Yea I also encounter the same. I am in a 3G area, but whether I have "use wireless networks" turn on or off, the browser says Location Not Available with no GPS icon appearing in the status bar. I also encountered this in SS 4.4 but rebooting would fix it.

I may switch from CM6 to SS 4.5 and see if it has the same problem or not since its based on a newer build of froyo.

Also, google maps works fine on mine too, its just the location feature that is broken.