[Theme] 928Droid "Black Glass" 2.2 for Simply Stunning v4.5 now available!

K1K

Reaction score
Take a look through the main thread. If the "test" update has been taken down, there's a good chance it's because he has incorporated the fix into the main theme. In fact, I'm pretty sure I read exactly that in one of the two threads.

Sent from my droid using Tapatalk

looks like there's a new update being uploaded now in the main thread.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
New 928Droid Black Glass SS v4.5 version available in Main Thread.

Fixes:
All Status Notifications (I hope)
"Progress bar" changed back to "SS Blue"
Maps v4.4
Twitter v1.0.2
Naked Contacts updated, look for more options in Settings>Call Settings
Mms "Black" app hopefully defaulted to Black background on initial install (fingers crossed)
A few others I can't remember at the moment.... :)

You can recognize the updated file by the "c1" code in the file name...please delete prior downloads.

Last edited:

K1K

Reaction score
ok, the update fixed my scrolling notifications. but not the notification SMS preview, it's still black on black. I use Missed Call for my SMS notifications ( i like the custom LED and audio for individual contacts). If I use Handscent notifications its all fine but using Missed Call notifications its black on black.

Thanks for the quick update.

ecfiffer

Reaction score
928 forgive me for sounding noob but i want to install your theme but i saw that you had mentioned something about needing to uninstall maps 4.4 in order for your theme to work? or were my eyes getting blury from my long day at work? OR do i just need to download the update.zip (revision c) and install that?

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
ok, the update fixed my scrolling notifications. but not the notification SMS preview, it's still black on black. I use Missed Call for my SMS notifications ( i like the custom LED and audio for individual contacts). If I use Handscent notifications its all fine but using Missed Call notifications its black on black.

Did you have white text notifications for Missed Call on the normal SS v4.5 ????

K1K

Reaction score

Did you have white text notifications for Missed Call on the normal SS v4.5 ????

when I installed SS4.5 I just went with Chevy's Blue theme originally and it worked fine. then I switched to Black Glass theme from there.
I really do like your theme by the way.:)

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

when I installed SS4.5 I just went with Chevy's Blue theme originally and it worked fine. then I switched to Black Glass theme from there.

Just to confirm, Missed Call Text Notifications were white with S4.5 Blue Theme??? I just want to be sure, because it is a LOT of work to research something like that....and I am doubtful because all the other guys said all the other notifications were working correctly now.....just want to confirm Missed Call will not do it and nothing else.

K1K

Reaction score

Just to confirm, Missed Call Text Notifications were white with S4.5 Blue Theme??? I just want to be sure, because it is a LOT of work to research something like that....and I am doubtful because all the other guys said all the other notifications were working correctly now.....just want to confirm Missed Call will not do it and nothing else.

I couldnt remember so I reinstalled it from the ground up. but no the Missed Call Txt Notifications are not white in Chevy's blue theme. they are black on black also and unreadable. :icon_eek: bummer.
sorry I couldnt remeber. for what it's worth it's black on black in the smoked energy theme also.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

I couldnt remember so I reinstalled it from the ground up. but no the Missed Call Txt Notifications are not white in Chevy's blue theme. they are black on black also and unreadable. :icon_eek: bummer.
sorry I couldnt remeber. for what it's worth it's black on black in the smoked energy theme also.

That makes more sense...

Certain apps are not written correctly to access the framework code for the color of the text.... and you have to do those manually. Oddly enough I have to do 3 of the stock apps manually for them to have white text (Phone, Music, Market)..If GTalk, Stock MMS, and others are working correctly these is not much I can do., sorry

BUT, you can fix it yourself..get a copy of NinjaMorph (easiest way for less -experianced)

Open the Missing Call app as a new porject...navigate to the "layout" dirrectory, look for an XML file that says something like "ongoing-nitifications" pull it out with Ninja, edit it with HXD changing the code to white text...There is a full explanation here in the Theme area.

Thanks for taking the time to verify that, it saved me a lot of time and frustration.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
BTW, here is a screen cap showing what to search for when you find each of those search codes, change the 00 00 00 FF to FF FF FF FF

CalendarHexEdit.png.jpg

K1K

Reaction score

That makes more sense...

Certain apps are not written correctly to access the framework code for the color of the text.... and you have to do those manually. Oddly enough I have to do 3 of the stock apps manually for them to have white text (Phone, Music, Market)..If GTalk, Stock MMS, and others are working correctly these is not much I can do., sorry

BUT, you can fix it yourself..get a copy of NinjaMorph (easiest way for less -experianced)

Open the Missing Call app as a new porject...navigate to the "layout" dirrectory, look for an XML file that says something like "ongoing-nitifications" pull it out with Ninja, edit it with HXD changing the code to white text...There is a full explanation here in the Theme area.

Thanks for taking the time to verify that, it saved me a lot of time and frustration.

no problem.
I'm not that worried about it. I may just switch back to using Handscent notifications for now.
these damn ROM's and themes are mildly addicting, I can's stop fidgeting with them.
I may check out the NinjaMorph, if I get it to work I'll let you know.

thanks for the info. dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid <---- you get 3 dancing droids this time. :)

mojo_droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
i'm not sure what im doing wrong, but it doesnt seem to be working for me. I am running SS 4.5 blue theme, i dl'd the new c version (928Droid "Black Glass" 2.2 for Simply Stunning v4.5 "c revision" - UPDATE.ZIP Theme) of BG and installed it using clockworkmod. when my phone reboots I still have the ss 4.5 blue theme, no bg. what am i doing wrong?

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
i'm not sure what im doing wrong, but it doesnt seem to be working for me. I am running SS 4.5 blue theme, i dl'd the new c version (928Droid "Black Glass" 2.2 for Simply Stunning v4.5 "c revision" - UPDATE.ZIP Theme) of BG and installed it using clockworkmod. when my phone reboots I still have the ss 4.5 blue theme, no bg. what am i doing wrong?

First off you should have the "c1" version, but the other one should still theme it.

When you manually install with Clockwork... does it say something like "installation of 928Droid Black Glass for SS 4.5 complete" on the bottom line ???? OR, are you getting an error ...look at the text that is "printed" out carefully and let us know what it says.

mojo_droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
it said the install was complete. I'm at work and can't get to my phone to tell you exactly what it said, but i remember it saying it was complete