Sapphire's progress since 0.8.4 (Changelog included)

captdroid

Reaction score
The adw is built from anderwebs source for sapphire. This will be the stock launcher which now he can add his own features too. Just give it a chance when the time comes and I'm sure you wont be disappointed. Adw is a great launcher.

Also cytown's phone overhaul is a stock phone app with a bunch of extra features.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Oh, no, I'm sure I wouldn't be disappointed. I've used it before, but it just wasn't smooth switching screens and all of that. I will admit though, ADW has WAY more customization features. However, LauncherPro is catching up pretty quick.

But enough of "which Launcher is better." That thread is not this one. :p

Could someone send me a link to the site for Cytown Phone app?

Did u disable overshoot and raise the scrolling spread? That helps a lot.

Nope because Launcher Pro worked so much better. :)

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh, no, I'm sure I wouldn't be disappointed. I've used it before, but it just wasn't smooth switching screens and all of that. I will admit though, ADW has WAY more customization features. However, LauncherPro is catching up pretty quick.

But enough of "which Launcher is better." That thread is not this one. :p

Could someone send me a link to the site for Cytown Phone app?

That is because launcherpro starts out with a faster scrolling speed. If you disabled overshoot and put the scrolling speed to around 170 it is no different than LP, which I have been using the past couple days so I had experience with both. :)

captdroid

Reaction score

That is because launcherpro starts out with a faster scrolling speed. If you disabled overshoot and put the scrolling speed to around 170 it is no different than LP, which I have been using the past couple days so I had experience with both. :)

Hmmm... you might just convince me to try out ADW again.. BUT all my screens / icons are setup in Launcher Pro and are easily restored after loading up a new ROM after wipe data/cache (I always wipe) minus the widgets of course :)

The latest Launcher Pro fixed the issue with apps moved to the sd card not showing properly on boot in the screens and in the apps drawer. How does ADW do with this? No need to restart the launcher with latest Launcher Pro for the icons to show properly on boot.

Last edited:

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I understand when people are happy with what they are using atm, I just don't want people being misinformed. :)

captdroid

Reaction score
I understand when people are happy with what they are using atm, I just don't want people being misinformed. :)

See my previous post edit. Does ADW show icons correctly on boot for programs moved to sd card without having to restart the launcher? In the spirit of being informed :)

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

See my previous post edit. Does ADW show icons correctly on boot for programs moved to sd card without having to restart the launcher? In the spirit of being informed :)

I've never had that problem, but in all honesty I'm not entirely sure what is quite happening to you so, lol. Though when moving apps to SD card I never noticed anything like that so who knows...

Btw I'm going to bed :)

captdroid

Reaction score

I've never had that problem, but in all honesty I'm not entirely sure what is quite happening to you so, lol. Though when moving apps to SD card I never noticed anything like that so who knows...

Btw I'm going to bed :)

Ah well it's a known issue when apps moved to sd with launchers on boot not showing icon correctly.. good night :)

CLShade

Reaction score
Y'know, I've been deliriously happy with Sapphire 0.8.4.

Now I'm not. Now I'm finding myself checking threads and the wiki site to see if there is any news about the next release of Sapphire.

:D

Its good to have something to look forward to.

Meanwhile, I'm still deliriously happy with my phone.

-C

jayman350

Reaction score
very much looking forward to the next release..... I hope that the proximity sensor issue is fixed in the next rev. I tend to rest the phone on my shoulder and that seems to be enough to wake the screen up so my cheek can hit the buttons and screw up my call.

I recently jumped ship from ADW after the update to 1.0.1 (I think) whatever one added in the theme support. I really liked the themes but it seemed like it was too much for the launcher to handle. It started running really slow, redraws all over the place. So I decided to give LauncherPro a try..... until the new Sapphire release when I'll probably just stick w/ ADW again.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Folks, in the next release ADW is simply replacing the "stock" Froyo launcher as the default in Sapphire. You're free to ignore it and/or remove it and use Launcher Pro just as you always have done. For those who like the stock launcher, scriptybox will make it easy for you to switch back to it.

seahawk1984

Reaction score
I recently rooted my droid with Sapphire, but I did it using version 0.7.0. I found reference to version 0.8.4.b, but was only able to find version 0.8.4 while searching the web. Is there a web site (or does anyone have the link) that I can go to in order to check for current updates? It looks like sapphire gets updated often, and I would like to stay current.

I also wanted to ask that if I decide to install the update to sapphire, am I going to have to do the process of rooting my phone all over again, then downloading all my apps, and setting the phone back up the way I like it? I am using titanium backup, and have backed up everything that I can think of. So, if I understand this correctly, if I update sapphire, all I should have to do is install titanium backup from the market again, then restore everything from my backups?

I also installed Rom Manager, not quite sure how to work that just yet. And afraid to mess with anything, so looking for some advice. Can I actually flash new roms with it? Could I install sapphire with it for example? Or would I use SPRecovery like I did the first time I installed sapphire?

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
start [CVPCS Sapphire Wiki] is the main Sapphire page.

You will not have to root your phone again to update. If you wipe data+cache to install 0.8.4 (which is recommended), your apps should for the most part auto install as part of the Google backup mechanism. Some paid apps may not due to market issues in the eclair/froyo transition period we are in - use TB to grab all those which aren't restored.

See this thread for install information. Sapphire will not install on the latest clockwork recovery. You need to revert to 2.0.1.3 or earlier, or SP Recovery. You can do this all in ROM Manager.

You will need to install the base package + gapps at a minimum. See the 0.8.4 release page before installing.

justinthegeek

Reaction score
I recently rooted my droid with Sapphire, but I did it using version 0.7.0. I found reference to version 0.8.4.b, but was only able to find version 0.8.4 while searching the web. Is there a web site (or does anyone have the link) that I can go to in order to check for current updates? It looks like sapphire gets updated often, and I would like to stay current.

I also wanted to ask that if I decide to install the update to sapphire, am I going to have to do the process of rooting my phone all over again, then downloading all my apps, and setting the phone back up the way I like it? I am using titanium backup, and have backed up everything that I can think of. So, if I understand this correctly, if I update sapphire, all I should have to do is install titanium backup from the market again, then restore everything from my backups?

I also installed Rom Manager, not quite sure how to work that just yet. And afraid to mess with anything, so looking for some advice. Can I actually flash new roms with it? Could I install sapphire with it for example? Or would I use SPRecovery like I did the first time I installed sapphire?

There is no version 0.8.4b. start [CVPCS Sapphire Wiki] lists the newest version, you will not need to re-root, and the new clockwork recovery does not work with sapphire, you would need to go back to sprecovery.

seahawk1984

Reaction score

There is no version 0.8.4b. start [CVPCS Sapphire Wiki] lists the newest version, you will not need to re-root, and the new clockwork recovery does not work with sapphire, you would need to go back to sprecovery.

Thanks for the quick response, I'll check it out. dancedroid