Sapphire's progress since 0.8.4 (Changelog included)

serveitup911

Reaction score
So, I follow CVPCS on Github, and thought some would be interested to see what cvpcs has added to Sapphire since 0.8.4. He is already at 0.9.2 internally, and looks to be making some awesome changes!

Here is the changelog (only changes since 0.8.4 are shown):

0.9.2:
Updated proprietaries for FRG01B leak [cvpcs]
The leak (courtesy p3droid) has been included in this release

0.9.1:
Added ADW Launcher [anderweb]
ADW Launcher is now used by default as the launcher 2 replacement.
Stock launcher can still be accessed using switchapk

Added Cytown Phone overhaul [cytown]
Cytown's phone overhaul can now be included using switchapk

0.9.0:
Added ability to lower minimum setting for auto-brightness [cvpcs]
You can now reduce the auto-brightness minimum levels using the GEM settings app

Added persistable compcache option [cvpcs/cyanogen]
Allows you to enable compcache via the GEM Settings app, and have the setting persist through reboots

I am really happy to see ADW included as the system launcher, and CyTown's phone app available, as those were 2 things I requested (others probably did also, just saying dancedroid). Persistent compcache will be nice too - I will need to try that out. This ROM is so amazing, and I encourage all of you to use Bugzilla to report bugs and make feature requests - CVPCS listens - that is clear to me now! I like watching Github also to see what he's up to.

mrdroid

Reaction score
I wish he would have stuck with bekit kernals though. p3droid kernals run like garbage on my Droid. So I'm stuck on 0.6.2

OP
serveitup911

serveitup911

Reaction score
I wish he would have stuck with bekit kernals though. p3droid kernals run like garbage on my Droid. So I'm stuck on 0.6.2

Hmm, sorry to hear that. My experience has been exactly opposite of yours. I know the kernels are being constantly worked on, so hopefully they start working better for you.

wingdo

Reaction score

Well I run best with jdlfg's (think that's right) kernels, but P3 and cvpcs worked together on these kernels to get some very specific items going (i.e. compcache). Not my favorite kernels, but not the worst either, and I do like the fact that P3 put a ton of effort in with cvpcs making a kernel doing specific things that cvpcs requested.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah we were talking about this in the IRC earlier. Very ecited to see a release with some great features being added.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

elwood1229

Reaction score
I am new to this whole process and Sapphire 0.8.4 was the first custom rom I have installed on my Droid and that was just this past Saturday. It seems to be working wonderfully. I have been reading everything on this process I can find and had earlier come across the changelog posted above which shows the rom has been updated to 0.9.2. It is described as "internal." Does that mean it is still being worked on and has not been generally released? I don't see it posted anywhere for download. Just curious. Thanks for all the insights I have gained on this forum.

Elwood

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am new to this whole process and Sapphire 0.8.4 was the first custom rom I have installed on my Droid and that was just this past Saturday. It seems to be working wonderfully. I have been reading everything on this process I can find and had earlier come across the changelog posted above which shows the rom has been updated to 0.9.2. It is described as "internal." Does that mean it is still being worked on and has not been generally released? I don't see it posted anywhere for download. Just curious. Thanks for all the insights I have gained on this forum.

Elwood

That's correct. For every release there will be an announcement by sniffle as a separate thread, and a link on the main sapphire site.

Mayh3m

Hoodie Ninja
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol cvpcs will go through multiple versions he doesn't deem releaseable

microsnook

Reaction score
Might be switching back to Sapphire, holy crap!
Those features look nice

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I feel like a kid on christmas eve when I hear of a release :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol, i know what you mean. we're all on a great journey here.