New features YOU want for Sapphire?

bhughesiii

Reaction score
Considering I've never used cm, and have used ud where I saw it then ud. ;)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

wingdo

Reaction score
Considering I've never used cm, and have used ud where I saw it then ud. ;)

Gotcha. UD is built from CM source, so if you've used UD, you've at least used CM a bit. I will give BD credit, there are some nice tweaks done to the source.

[ L ]

Reaction score
How about an option that lets you remove the power widget from the status bar if you want to?
And...
When it shows the texts and emails and stuff like that person said on the lockscreen, that you can tap on the icon for missed stuff and it pulls it up for you, thus unlocking the phone?
And...
An option to change the theme of widgets and stuff (seperately) through gem settings (like I could make the FB widget Avalon style and the twitter Icognito?)?

Just a couple ideas.... ;P

natezire71

Reaction score
How about Gingerbread. :p

Sounds like a long shot.... Figured I'd throw it out there. dancedroid

Armyof2

Reaction score
How about Gingerbread. :p

Sounds like a long shot.... Figured I'd throw it out there. dancedroid

Gingerbread is up on AOSP so maybe not a huge long shot...I know I'd be willing to wait if he decided to bring it up to Gingerbread source

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is going up now to AOSP, but that will take a little bit. Since it is the Nexus S, it would have to be loaded and picked apart somewhat for other devices.

I myself wouldn't mind waiting thru the holidays to get some Sapphire Bread in January, that is if you also assume that the gang doesn't wish to have any free time during the holidays hehehe.

natezire71

Reaction score
Is going up now to AOSP, but that will take a little bit. Since it is the Nexus S, it would have to be loaded and picked apart somewhat for other devices.

I myself wouldn't mind waiting thru the holidays to get some Sapphire Bread in January, that is if you also assume that the gang doesn't wish to have any free time during the holidays hehehe.

No to sound like I'm being mean when I ask this, but: What do you mean by it would have to be picked apart? If it's being pushed to AOSP, doesn't that mean it's a straight update? As in, the team wouldn't have to pick out piece by piece? I understand that multiple things would have to be taken out and replaced, but picked apart?

And I saw that it was getting released to AOSP, and I got soooo happy. I'd be will to wait several (long) months if it meant Gingerbread could be on my Droid. :)

Armyof2

Reaction score

No to sound like I'm being mean when I ask this, but: What do you mean by it would have to be picked apart? If it's being pushed to AOSP, doesn't that mean it's a straight update? As in, the team wouldn't have to pick out piece by piece? I understand that multiple things would have to be taken out and replaced, but picked apart?

And I saw that it was getting released to AOSP, and I got soooo happy. I'd be will to wait several (long) months if it meant Gingerbread could be on my Droid. :)

The version going up on the servers is for a different phone, the nexus s, so it'd have to be adapted for this phone...if it were gingerbread for the D1 it would be a different story but we're not sure if/when that will be

brando56894

Reaction score
Something tells me we'll never see see this come to fruition anytime soon if ever. The original rom hasnt been updated in months and we were told to expect an update around thanksgiving, which came and went with no word of the update. Its a shame because Sapphire was a great rom that ran the best for me but I ditched it because it fell behind other roms.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Something tells me we'll never see see this come to fruition anytime soon if ever. The original rom hasnt been updated in months and we were told to expect an update around thanksgiving, which came and went with no word of the update. Its a shame because Sapphire was a great rom that ran the best for me but I ditched it because it fell behind other roms.

Really? Cause CVPCS came here and said he's working on Sapphire 2.0 as we speak. And since he's in school, he should be given a break. How has Sapphire fallen behind? IMO, it's a stable rom that simply works. To each their own, I suppose.

natezire71

Reaction score

The version going up on the servers is for a different phone, the nexus s, so it'd have to be adapted for this phone...if it were gingerbread for the D1 it would be a different story but we're not sure if/when that will be

Oh, I see. Thanks for explaining. I was unaware. :)