New features YOU want for Sapphire?

brando56894

Reaction score
I loved sapphire since it was so stable, but stopped using it a month or two ago since the rom was getting stale. After a few rom hops I decided to check out CM6 since I hadnt used it in awhile and I loved all the new features that they added. The last week or two of nightlies and the most recent RC4 havent liked my phone.

The main two features that I'll miss are the power widget in the pulldown shade and the custom theming options that allow you to change the colors of the notification bar/pulldown shade/widgets (and then export them to an xml). I'd love if those features were included into the new sapphire!

afallucco

Reaction score
Could you have the power control in the notification slider like cm 6.1 or miui?

OP
Tanknspank

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Talked with cvpcs and sniffle and they said they would rather add features that added more functionality than adding everything they can for everyone. So, some of the features on the list will be added, like the added recent apps and power controls, but others will not be considered just because they don't want to pack the rom to the brim.

megna22

Reaction score
It would be really kewl if someone could make a Startrek L.C.A.R.S based rom. I myself would pay well for a good one.:greendroid:

cobra2

Reaction score
Proxy support, not just for the browser but for the entire system. And you have to be able to select which apps use it and which ones don't. You wouldn't want to run pandora through tor. Sound good?

megna22

Reaction score
Google it dude not hard to find info on it

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

brando56894

Reaction score
just as long as powerbar support and custom theming is there im happy. Any idea when this will be released?

Salieri

Reaction score
I came to sapphire because I like the "Sapphire is built with the following in mind: Don't modify Android if you don't have to" philosophy.

So as long as the added features are in line with that philosophy, I'm cool with it.

Often I find that less = more.

skyyaa

Reaction score
Lockscreen gestures and pull-down menu widgets are really the two big ones! And of course, any more performance you can pull out.

Armyof2

Reaction score
Gotta tell ya...this line probably makes this a pipedream unless you're willing to do the work yourself

One last (fairly significant) consideration: bear in mind that some carriers aren’t so lenient about data use, and if you go over your usage or are caught using this modification, the consequences may not be pretty.

I don't think any of the devs on here would risk the backlash this could cause for them from angry users who are getting their accounts cut off or worse. This seems more of a DIY if you want to risk it, just my opinion though.

bhughesiii

Reaction score
I like the power control widget from UD. That would be a nice addition. Also the lockscreen from UD. Other than that I love sapphire as it is.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App