New features YOU want for Sapphire?

OP
Tanknspank

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
What about tricking out phone app so it uses whitelists like the one they push at xda?

What do you mean by whitelists? I don't browse xda so don't see things like this. Is this like a whitelist of numbers that are allowed to call you or something?

Modified Phone.apk v30.1, vibrate, black list, eclair, froyo, etc.(0708) - xda-developers

Open a terminal and type:

Switchapk phone cytown

And it will get you this. Type scriptybox to learn all you can do with sapphire and a terminal :)

Sent from my Droid

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
But we still don't have a phone app that can rotate, right? That's on my wishlist. :)

joeyx2

Reaction score
Id like to see a rotary phone dialer. I think it be cool to put some old school in it.

Shibbey

Reaction score
Id like to see a rotary phone dialer. I think it be cool to put some old school in it.

Might be a novelty that wears off quick. Sounds like more of an application development idea rather than a ROM mod. Just my two cents.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

arw01

Reaction score
Two things on my list:

I'd like a listing to show me which apps are NOT on the SD card so I can go move them. Currently I have to manually manage each app checking if the button to move to sd card is available, or it says move to phone.

Second is an update to the email app.

The recipient to be shown in the sent mail folder vs just seeing my name 200 times, and the ability to search the messages on the phone at least. Someday searching on the exchange server itself will come like windows mobile 6.1 gave us, but if I could at least search my phones database of emails it might be helpful!

HarshReality

Reaction score
What do you mean by whitelists? I don't browse xda so don't see things like this. Is this like a whitelist of numbers that are allowed to call you or something?

Modified Phone.apk v30.1, vibrate, black list, eclair, froyo, etc.(0708) - xda-developers

Open a terminal and type:

Switchapk phone cytown

And it will get you this. Type scriptybox to learn all you can do with sapphire and a terminal :)

Sent from my Droid

Did it and it worked wonderfully.. all the other times I have tried sent the phone into FC oblivion but once I rebooted it worked like a charm! Wanted to play wit hthe black list for a long time and now I can.. you guys are my heroes!

gandhisfist

Reaction score
I would like to see the Cyanogenmod style automatic backlight levels customization.

gandhisfist

Reaction score
Yes, it allows you to set a custom number of brightness levels, determine at what level of lumens the screen hits a certain brightness, whether to allow the screen backlight to dim if the room gets darker, how many times to sample the brightness of the environment, and what the sample window should be. I am sure i am missing part of it, but thats the basic jist of what it allows you to do.

Tsusai

Reaction score
Symbolic Linked GAPPS (to end the "my google **** doesn't download on market (i hope))

Example to clear things up
Right now I have google search apk in /data, and there is a symbolic link (used ln -s and a wildcard on the /data filename in terminal) to put its original name in /system/app. My physical search button works perfectly on my droid (doesn't if you don't have it in /system/app) and updates off the market just fine.

Reaction score
I just want to put in my vote for numbers 2, 4 and 17 on the OP list, preferably all as automatically enabled features

Thanks

Armyof2

Reaction score
So with cvpcs being very busy with Obsidian and Tanzanite, he has not been working on features in the slightest. So, I wanted to see what type of features people want to see in the future of ccroms, so that cvpcs has a nice little list to get to work on when he gets around to them! Almost anything goes, but I do not want to see off the wall or crazy impossible ideas, but more serious ones that would be a really cool addition to the rom. And of course, be polite to each other.

I will add the ideas that seem remotely possible to the OP in a nice little list. Then, once this is all said in done, I will go through the bug tracker and add the ones that aren't already on there for you :)

Have fun!

BTW! All modded apps will probably just be added into the scriptybox if he does decide to add it. Cvpcs likes to leave the stock apps in for those who like to theme.

Future Features for the Future of CCRoms!
1. The Cyanogenmod Power Widget (I remember seeing this somewhere as a separate app made by someone which was later included in cyanogenmod, so I will look some more...)
2. AppWidget Picker: [APP] AppWidget Picker - Makes Selecting Widgets Simpler! - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum Bug 251 – AppWidgetPicker
3. Use scriptybox to update system apps like ADW, cytown, gmail, etc.
4. 15 recent apps instead of just 8
5. Long press back arrow to kill app that is in foreground. Bug 238 – Long press back button to kill foreground process
6. change the verizen banner to a personal banner.
7. Ability to change system components colors without rebooting
8. GUI for scriptybox Bug 252 – GUI for Scriptybox
9. LockScreen MOD Bug 241 – Lockscreen mod
10. Change notification light color and the ability to change the frequency and how long it flashes with a slider.
11. Desire HD "Hibernate" Twitter / cyanogen: Yeah, CM6 "does" too :) ht ...
12. audio such as music or Audible Player over the mono bluetooth
13. Tighter integration of ADW (in CM ADW settings is even in the main settings like GEM settings)
14. Ability to switch between a light and dark status bar theme (Maybe a choice of color?)
15. WyContacts
16. Ability to pick what rotations you wish to allow or disallow
17. "CCROMS updater" notification maybe? that tells you when an update is around.. Maybe a small update push so a total reflash isn't needed.
18. 2.1 volume rocker controls
19. Lockscreen total mute (excludes alarms)(slide left to mute)
20. Control settings from the notification bar (like galaxy s or MIUI)
21. Press Volume rocker/pwr button to end current notification
22. Swipe left/right to end a single notification
23. Finer controls over autobrightness (cyanogenomod)

Still would love to see a couple of the MIUI features put in here :D the lockscreen (that you can put a seperate wallpaper on) and the notification pull down with the power control widget built in are both awesome