Sapphire Droid X Theme Bug

UNEXPECTED62

Reaction score
Hi,

First time flashing a custom ROM (that wasn't just a stock build rooted, at least)... and I love Sapphire 1.0 and its features. It's fast, and I am loving the themes. I set up the Droid X theme on my Droid 1. I made all of my text colors white so I can read the notification bar perfectly!

But, every default and normally gray Android button is soooooo hard to read. It is a really dark grey background with black text. This screenshot actually makes it look readable, but in a real world situation looking at the phone it is a lot harder on the eyes. Anyway to make this text white, like I believe the droid x is normally?

snap20100811233434.png

shocka2430

Reaction score
I actually tried to fix this earlier for everybody but it took the framework back to stock. I'm pretty sure the only way to do this is to modify some xml's and i'm not great at it. I did get the color changed but the framework and all the buttons went to a stock gray. I'm pretty sure this has been asked before so there may be a fix coming just not sure.

OP
UNEXPECTED62

UNEXPECTED62

Reaction score
Thanks for your $.02 and for trying. It has been asked before though? That's good that it's on the table. Do any other Sapphire themes have issues like this? It might bother me enough to switch at some point. I do like the X theme though.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I would just change the button color to something lighter. It's in the framework-res.apk. Hit up bgill, I'm sure he'll do it. I don't want to touch it since it's not my work.

shocka2430

Reaction score
I'm running the incognito theme and love it. And alot of people like the water marked theme. There is also the black glass and black ice. Bunch of different ones just kinda gotta go with what you like really.

OP
UNEXPECTED62

UNEXPECTED62

Reaction score
Forgive me, but I have never modified files like this individually. Would you mind elaborating a bit?

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I hate modifying others work but ill open it up and fix it!!

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hope you like Red!! ;) its uploading and ill post Droid X theme v1.1 in the theme sticky post

aqCIL.png

OP
UNEXPECTED62

UNEXPECTED62

Reaction score
Dang that was fast! So I'll have to do it through recovery like a regular update.zip?

OP
UNEXPECTED62

UNEXPECTED62

Reaction score
Again, I can't believe how fast you had this up. Awesome, and thank you. I was worried when I saw that screen shot though and I realized it when I just installed the update... now the "on pressed" is the same red as the regular button... so when you press a button there isn't really an effect. I think it might have been better to just lighten that shade of grey or make the text white. Or maybe make it red, but when white text and have it turn black when you press?

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Again, I can't believe how fast you had this up. Awesome, and thank you. I was worried when I saw that screen shot though and I realized it when I just installed the update... now the "on pressed" is the same red as the regular button... so when you press a button there isn't really an effect. I think it might have been better to just lighten that shade of grey or make the text white. Or maybe make it red, but when white text and have it turn black when you press?

Fixed Ill give you a screen shot in a second!! Uggh you got me all sorts of sidetracked tonight!!! I was gonna work on incognito some more !!! I blame you!!! ;)

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok here are the Fixed Screen Shots! uploading the new fix!!

Normal:

h0A1G.png

Pressed:

QHJOl.png

I hope this is ok for you cause im not touching this anymore for the night lol!!! ;)

I just reupped v1.1 so redownload and flash!

junpar

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could do something about the whole transparent notification bar pull down bug where the transparent background slides down first and then the rest of the notifications come down.. I hope you guys know what I'm talking about. :)