what sapphire is everyone running?

captdroid

Reaction score
So, just a question. I am running sapphire 1.0 with droid x theme, droid 2 boot animation, running 1 ghz and droid x multitouch keyboard. Has anyone found a way to optimize the performance of the rom so there is a ton of memory and its not really laggy?

Yes, delete all your programs

C

cdexsw

Is there a way to download the stock theme for sapphire1.0? I want to try other themes but page says to go back to stock theme before applying a different one.

Oh and running 1.2Ghz LV Sap1.0 with DX boot animation...

What does compcache do?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

In Rom Manager:

1)Download Rom Choose:
--> cvpcs
---> sapphire v1.0.0
a screenshot pops up, click download
-->choose Kernel
--->choose Theme - Default

then continue as normal.

kruizin

Addicted to ROM
Premium Member
Reaction score
Running Sapphire 1.0/Watermark'D 3.2/800Mhz LV kernel with really no issues at all.
It just doesn't get any better than this! IMHO of course. Only difference is I'm running the LV 1000Mhz kernel instead... Battery life is excellent as well.

Firesong3k

Reaction score
If I don't use rom manager... there's no other way?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Syraz

Reaction score
Currently, Sapphire 1.0 with 250-1100 lv, with DX theme, nothing fancy yet. Been messing with D2 System Dump seeing if I can port anything over..

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I upgraded to 1.0 and had kept it installed until yesterday when I reverted back to 0.8.4. The new features of 1.0 just werent worth my shorter battery life and performance. I use black bar at 1ghz. I love it.

Reaction score
1.0, Black Ice Theme, 125-1100 Kernel, LauncherPro Plus 0.7.5.1

I second that for enabling compcache, definitely helped out with redraws and overall smooth operation.

I third this. I went on the forums because I was really annoyed with the redraws I was getting.

I wanted 5 homescreens, and I was sick of waiting for 2.2, so I rooted and overclocked and decided I would try Sapphire 1.0 (when that was most current version) and I have been getting redraws lately. I'm using the built-in launcher, so I enabled compcache and I haven't been able to get a redraw after launching a bunch of apps. Now that I'm posting this, I fully expect to get one, but I'm hoping not.

In terms of performance and battery life, has anyone done any good testing on using SetCPU vs built-in scaling? I had setcpu going with with profiles suggested in the large overclocking sticky, but I don't know if I got much better battery life or performance. I have been using built-in gem settings as "on demand" as I figured that should be good performance when I'm using it and less cpu when I don't need it, is that right?

wingdo

Reaction score
Sapphire 1.1.0, Chevy's 250-1000 ULV kernel, 928 Droids Black Glass 2.2x with 3 small edits.