What's next for Sapphire?

tameone

Reaction score
How about the ability to change the color of pressed highlights in the OS from the default orange to any other color. Lots of theme's do this obviously, but would be the next step from tweaking status bar colors and would be very handy.

I would like this feature as well. Also, built in LED color control, and possibly some more MMS options (like black background) or switchapk for the 2.1 MMS apk that moved icons to the top.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I suppose the stagefright patch can be incorporated and drop the other encoder they had gone too ...

I just installed 1.0, evaluating it now.

If I can go off topic for a second, how does one get the fonts shown in the screenshot of the nex theme? (Though I may go to the Droid x too ...)

The stagefright patch was just enabling stagefright back. Opencore seems to perform better in everything except for h.264 video. Opencore as far as i know doesn't cause any problems at all.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
stagefright will be enabled in the next release, as the fix google put out will be incorporated in sapphire.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
stagefright will be enabled in the next release, as the fix google put out will be incorporated in sapphire.

Meh, fine. I liked opencore, but if google fixed the stagefright problem, then I guess i can get over it. Cvpcs really worked hard on porting Opencore v2.5 though :)

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

Meh, fine. I liked opencore, but if google fixed the stagefright problem, then I guess i can get over it. Cvpcs really worked hard on porting Opencore v2.5 though :)

I never knew he finally got it to work! ;)

And, of course, nothing to prevent you from using opencore. :)

reaper keeper

Reaction score
I hope they add the DSP/equalizer like in the new CM6 nightlies.

I believe it's in the works. :)

You can install this on Sapphire yourself, BTW.

Android DSP page

Cool, thanks for the link I'll definitely try it out.
Edit:
Installed the update.zip from the page you linked, it is running great. Thanks!

Pdriod, GodfatherIP or anyone else....
I tried installing this and I got a error, faild to install. I am using SPR recovery, I renemed the zip file to update.zip and ran SPR. I am running Sapphire1.0 and Red Rum.
Can anyone help with what went wrong (or was it me?)
Thanks in advance for any inputs/suggestions.

heleos

Reaction score
There is a thread dedicated to this dsp on the forums. The latest post is pdroid saying there is a problem with this zip, and not to install it. I got the same error using sprecovery

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is a thread dedicated to this dsp on the forums. The latest post is pdroid saying there is a problem with this zip, and not to install it. I got the same error using sprecovery

Yes, for some reason the newest file results in a hang.