jloya

Reaction score
or do a full sbf, root, deodex, load rom, manually load all apps

clear stats will be much quicker so you may want to try that first

Do you have to deodex to flash a ROM?

/stupid question

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I would root/ deodex prior to loading a ROM

an easy thing to do would be to download 928 black glass theme/deodexer after rooting....this will deodex your device for you but it will also apply the theme

once thats complete flash the 928 back to stock (it will leave you deodexed but take away the theme)

them wipe data/cache and flash rom

(this could be a bit overkill as far as procedure so anyone please feel free to step in and streamline or correct this, im just going off of personal experience)

sephtin

Reaction score
/stupid question
(this could be a bit overkill as far as procedure so anyone please feel free to step in and streamline or correct this, im just going off of personal experience)

Not a stupid question at all. It's asked ALL the time! And there is confusion about it all over the place.

Short version: No. You don't have to.
Long version:
All of the files that the ROM uses are in the /system directory. To THEME a ROM, it requires that the files be deodexed (or .. the theme will do it for you, etc.). But for a ROM (well, most ROMs, at least), they replce all of those files anyway, so it matters not whether they are deodexed or not before installing the ROM.

Focused will actually format /system for you, so deodexed or not, those old files will be wiped during install... *shrug*
Hope that clears it up! :)

jdhas

Reaction score
/stupid question

Not a stupid question at all. It's asked ALL the time! And there is confusion about it all over the place.

Short version: No. You don't have to.
Long version:
All of the files that the ROM uses are in the /system directory. To THEME a ROM, it requires that the files be deodexed (or .. the theme will do it for you, etc.). But for a ROM (well, most ROMs, at least), they replce all of those files anyway, so it matters not whether they are deodexed or not before installing the ROM.

Focused will actually format /system for you, so deodexed or not, those old files will be wiped during install... *shrug*
Hope that clears it up! :)

Thanks for the clarification, Sephtin!

sephtin

Reaction score
I dont know if these is possible in a future Rubix ROM but i figured I would mention it

Is it possible that when you are at the home screen the clock in the notification bar disappears , once you have opened an application like a webpage or when you are on a call (and you cant easily revert to the home screen) the clock reappears in the notification bar for easy reference

Possible? SURE! Anything's possible.
This would have to be custom coded.. as currently, I've looked into the code to see where it calls the clock, I wanted to simply remove it altogether...

I know it could be done by removing one line of code, and recompiling... but could not for the life of me get the framework to recompile. :S

To make it situational... it might be possible.. but you'd have to write a custom event to determine when it's to be on or off, and then code that in... but would be a huge chunk of work.. :S

That's the beauty of Android. Go for it! :) If you code a patch for it, I'm sure some would want that feature! :)

sephtin

Reaction score
Updated sephtin's blackbar Mod for Focused 1.6

Sorry for the wait, have been really busy... But:

v2.1 of the BlackBar mod for Focused 1.6 is done.
Info here:
sephtin’s BlackBar mod for Focused 1.6 v2.1 — sephtin.com

--Changed it back from white text on black notifications as was in previous version (some apps completely disregard defaults... and I'm not into keeping a slew of apps up to date.. :p Not grey notifications with white text...
--Fixed the Clear button

Enjoy!

jdhas

Reaction score
I dont know if these is possible in a future Rubix ROM but i figured I would mention it

Is it possible that when you are at the home screen the clock in the notification bar disappears , once you have opened an application like a webpage or when you are on a call (and you cant easily revert to the home screen) the clock reappears in the notification bar for easy reference

I actually think this is a brilliant idea. I loathe how much space the clock takes in the notification bar, especially with the new am/pm display (is there a way to just remove that?). I don't know nearly enough about the Android code to even guess at the feasibility of this, but Keyboard Manager does something (sort of) similar by switching virtual keyboards based on orientation, so this certainly seems possible....

sephtin

Reaction score

I actually think this is a brilliant idea. I loathe how much space the clock takes in the notification bar, especially with the new am/pm display (is there a way to just remove that?). I don't know nearly enough about the Android code to even guess at the feasibility of this, but Keyboard Manager does something (sort of) similar by switching virtual keyboards based on orientation, so this certainly seems possible....

Hmm, someone posted that they have: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ice-rubix-focused-1-6-final-9.html#post987315

Or it at least appears at though they have... ? :)
As I said, I KNOW it can be removed, I just couldn't get it to recompile... :p

jloya

Reaction score

This would have to be custom coded.. as currently, I've looked into the code to see where it calls the clock, I wanted to simply remove it altogether...

I know it could be done by removing one line of code, and recompiling... but could not for the life of me get the framework to recompile. :S

To make it situational... it might be possible.. but you'd have to write a custom event to determine when it's to be on or off, and then code that in... but would be a huge chunk of work.. :S

That's the beauty of Android. Go for it! :) If you code a patch for it, I'm sure some would want that feature! :)

lol now only if I knew how to code :p

one day.....one day.....

could the custom even be as simply as the device recognizing it is no longer on the home page?

sephtin

Reaction score

one day.....one day.....

could the custom even be as simply as the device recognizing it is no longer on the home page?

No clue. :S
Not sure how one would pull that off... heh

jloya

Reaction score

one day.....one day.....

No clue. :S
Not sure how one would pull that off... heh

think drod could piece somethin together/

theowb4

Reaction score
USB Problems

Is anybody else having problems with accessing their phone's SD cards via USB? I usually can't get my phone to mount properly on my computer. I got it to work for a few seconds earlier, and started copying a file. Midway through the copying, the file stopped and the SD Card unmounted itself, and my phone said "preparing SD card". Anybody have a solution? (This didn't happen to me on rubix 1.0)

jloya

Reaction score
Is anybody else having problems with accessing their phone's SD cards via USB? I usually can't get my phone to mount properly on my computer. I got it to work for a few seconds earlier, and started copying a file. Midway through the copying, the file stopped and the SD Card unmounted itself, and my phone said "preparing SD card". Anybody have a solution? (This didn't happen to me on rubix 1.0)

if you have an extra cable laying around check that really quick (its probably not the cable but atleast youll get it outta the way rather than messin with reflashing and it end up being just a cable lol)

theowb4

Reaction score
It's not the cable, I've tested it on multiple. Other people have seemed to have similar problems, if you look back in the thread. Thanks though

cpjr

Reaction score
Keep the clock! Or if anything ever changes make it an option, I actually really prefer the time in the status bar.

cpjr

Reaction score
Oh snap....just noticed there was an update for the Blackbar mod, that was the only thing I was missing was correcting the black text issue :)