[ROM] Zero Blur! Zero Lag! rubiX Focused 1.0

Quick note on top of that, for the new CarHome to show up in the app drawer, you also need to have the CarHomeLauncher.apk installed. With that it works how it should. :)

Wish it was in the market still. :(

So, to confirm, all that's needed to get the car home back, is CarHomeLauncher.apk, and cardock.apk?

What I have is CarHomeLauncher.apk, and com.google.android.carhome-1.apk.(I had to dl and install it manually because market and appbrain didnt work for me, and thats what it was named when it was posted shortly after it was released.)

But yes, thats should be all that's needed.

Last edited:
Quick note on top of that, for the new CarHome to show up in the app drawer, you also need to have the CarHomeLauncher.apk installed. With that it works how it should. :)

So, to confirm, all that's needed to get the car home back, is CarHomeLauncher.apk, and cardock.apk?

What I have is CarHomeLauncher.apk, and com.google.android.carhome-1.apk.(I had to dl and install it manually because market and appbrain didnt work for me, and thats what it was named when it was posted shortly after it was released.)

But yes, thats should be all that's needed.

Note: This is an UNOFFICIAL, UNSUPPORTED, and .. well, relatively untested patch to get CarHome working:
http://www.sephtin.com/rubiX/UNOFFICIAL-rubixFocused-PATCH-CarDock.zip

(Thanks to Sek0n for his solution).
The patch just puts CarHomeLauncher.apk, and com.google.android.carhome-1.apk in /system/app. I just installed, and tested, and it works for me.

Ah.. ok I have 4.7. Let me try to track down the later version. Thanks for the advice

the full 2.2 sbf in a zipped folder should be 245 mb

and you can get the current drivers from motorola's website

Thanks for your help.... It looks like I had the right 2.2 sbf, as soon as I upgraded from 4.7 to 4.8 it locked right in. I was starting to think I bricked my phone, now I'm probably going to be rom shy for awhile :)

The new google car home doesn't show up for DXs, perhaps other phones as well. You can download it using other means (like you did) but it won't show up in the app drawer. It should open once you're in a car dock, but you can always add a shortcut to the home screen if needs be. Again, this is _not_ a rubiX issue.

Best suggestion I have for car home, is to try one of the many alternatives available from the market. This one has gotten many recommendations, and high marks from those who've used it:
Car Home (beta) - Android app on AppBrain

I didn't know it wasn't in the market anymore? I'll have to add it back in. CarHomeLauncher gives the app icon in the drawer, but I had removed CarHome cause I thought it was still in the market. Sorry guys! BTW, I have an 8mp AOSP camera to release instead of the blur camera. I'll be making the switch later on

the full 2.2 sbf in a zipped folder should be 245 mb

Thanks for your help.... It looks like I had the right 2.2 sbf, as soon as I upgraded from 4.7 to 4.8 it locked right in. I was starting to think I bricked my phone, now I'm probably going to be rom shy for awhile :)

Meh, now you know what to do if you ever have problems! Best time for instlaling a ROM! ;)

You install Focused 1.0, you won't want to switch any time soon anyway!

Meh, now you know what to do if you ever have problems! Best time for instlaling a ROM! ;)

You install Focused 1.0, you won't want to switch any time soon anyway!

Amen to that, my X feels like a brand new phone. I honestly didnt notice much difference from my D1 (check sig for info) vs my DX on 2.2 they had the same performance even though the X has better hardware. Finally feels like the phone it was meant to be. Thank You devs so much for this!

Is there any way to get the FM Radio app back and working on Rubix 1.0? I tried to push the FMRadio.apk and FMRadioService.apk files back into sys/apps, but after restarting and launching the FM Radio app (and plugging in headphones) it gets stuck at the "FM Radio is being launched, please wait." screen?

I don't use it often, except for sports, but I'd like to get it working if possible.

Great ROM btw!

*BUG*

This seems to me to be a major bug. Using LP or ADW there is no way to select custom PNG icons because the 3D Gallery does not register that they exist. I was able to do this on the stock gallery just fine.

Mine work fine...

I’ll probably be taking the plunge after classes are done for the day...just stumbled upon this while procrastinating from a case brief. Running Focused .5 with the REVOlution theme and a few metamorphs to the status bar, incredibly happy with my setup now. Haven’t read all 11 pages but is it a significant difference from .5?

YES!! At least for me (running Focused 0.5) I noticed a remarkable improvement in speed and ease of use! Go do it NOW!

GO!!.... :)

Anyone else having issues with the internet on this rom? I can connect to the market, and download through apps, but the stock browser can not connect to any sites......HELP!~

Anyone else having issues with the internet on this rom? I can connect to the market, and download through apps, but the stock browser can not connect to any sites......HELP!~

I have no issues connecting to on the browser, not only does it work, very fast. no issues what-so-ever. I haven't even heard anybody having that problem through alll these pages.

All right...I an going to SBF and start over...god knows this is the 10th+ rom installed without a full wipe :)

^This is the first ROM in a tick that Ive had to format everything in order for it to work properly....or even boot.

But now its running great. Came from 0.5

Drod,

Sephtin posted some zip files to change features like camere/etc. I downloaded them just to have, but haven't installed them. When you release your patches, will they totally replace the apps all together or will we be able to change defaults through terminal? I don't mind if you just replace them all together though. I love your rom as is.

I installed Incognito Red and saw the AOSP camera(8mp camera setting), not bad. I like that that you're keeping this as close to AOSP as possible. Very nice job.

Back