[ROM] Zero Blur! Zero Lag! rubiX Focused 1.0

yea, same here. you just have to manually set it up for pop3.
incoming - pop.mail.yahoo.com port 110
outgoing - smtp.mail.yahoo.com port 25
Tried what you said,still not working for me

Thanks for the input
which part is failing, the incoming or the outgoing? did change any other settings? what error message you get?
When I tried a manual set up for pop3 I couldn't get past the incoming and got a error message (username or password incorrect) I didn't change any settings.

When I did a manual set up for imap it was the outgoing giving the error,no settings changed.

Drod,

Sephtin posted some zip files to change features like camere/etc. I downloaded them just to have, but haven't installed them. When you release your patches, will they totally replace the apps all together or will we be able to change defaults through terminal? I don't mind if you just replace them all together though. I love your rom as is.

I installed Incognito Red and saw the AOSP camera(8mp camera setting), not bad. I like that that you're keeping this as close to AOSP as possible. Very nice job.

The patches I have, are straight from DRod. He sent them to me for the purpose of getting into ROM Manager. (I helped with the scripting, and stuff for it)...

If different patches come from drod, they'll be the same files inside.. unless they're updated, in which case, I'll update the files on my site as well.

Also, I tore the files from the Focused ROM and built packages specifically so anyone who patches, could go back if they wanted. They're listed as "DefaultFocused" on my site.

Great question though!

Anyone else having issues with the internet on this rom? I can connect to the market, and download through apps, but the stock browser can not connect to any sites......HELP!~

Have not seen this issue before. Only thing I've got, is possibly going Manu> Applications> all tab> browser
and clearing cache/data, then force stop it, and try it again?

If you're on WiFi, is it some kind of work wifi, or free wifi somplace that may be the cause of the issue? .. or is it 3g?
(more info you can provide, easier it will be to try to figure out what's going wrong with it.. :S

Drod,

Sephtin posted some zip files to change features like camere/etc. I downloaded them just to have, but haven't installed them. When you release your patches, will they totally replace the apps all together or will we be able to change defaults through terminal? I don't mind if you just replace them all together though. I love your rom as is.

I installed Incognito Red and saw the AOSP camera(8mp camera setting), not bad. I like that that you're keeping this as close to AOSP as possible. Very nice job.

The patches I have, are straight from DRod. He sent them to me for the purpose of getting into ROM Manager. (I helped with the scripting, and stuff for it)...

If different patches come from drod, they'll be the same files inside.. unless they're updated, in which case, I'll update the files on my site as well.

Also, I tore the files from the Focused ROM and built packages specifically so anyone who patches, could go back if they wanted. They're listed as "DefaultFocused" on my site.

Great question though!

Thanks, just installed via Rom Manger, worked great. no issues installing.

Is it possible to over clock this rom? I know this just came out about overclocking the DX, but not sure how it effects this rom. Still like it as is, it's very fast already.

Drod,

Great question though!

Thanks for the patches sephtin! I was wondering if you could put out a patch to install the FM Radio as well? I tried pushing it to system/apps by hand, but not having any luck...

Last edited:
Drod I have had no problems and love this ROM....wish people would follow your instructions.

Was glad to see that car dock files this am. Along the same line I founds that the dock home (for media station) isn't working. Is that a blur thing, forgot, or can i add it back in? If so, anyone have that file.

Keep up the great work

I've fixed the scripts so that Focused 1.0 will install correctly from ROM Manager.

During the install, it will also ask you which camera you want, DefaultFocused, or Blur... as well as which Keyboard, AOSP, or DefaultFocused... (Default Focused being the one that DRod included in Focused 1.0.

I have also added a CHANGE OPTIONS menu in ROM Manager, that will allow you to select and change between the cameras, and keyboards.

If you're the type of person that would rather do things by hand... the files are also here:
DefaultFocused keyboard, and camera - These are the ones that come installed on rubiX Focused 1.0 by default, so that you can go back to them if you wish!
http://www.sephtin.com/rubiX/rubixFocused-PATCH-DefaultFocusedCamera.zip
http://www.sephtin.com/rubiX/rubixFocused-PATCH-DefaultFocusedKeyboard.zip

BlurCamera (Version provided to me by DRod)-
http://www.sephtin.com/rubiX/rubixFocused-PATCH-BlurCamera.zip

AOSP Keyboard (Version provided to me by DRod)-
http://www.sephtin.com/rubiX/rubixFocused-PATCH-AOSPKeyboard.zip

I know there are a few versions/patches/etc. of the BlurCamera files out there... This one was the version provided to me by DRod. I've done basic testing of all of these patches, as well as testing that the patches work correctly in ROM Manager.

Please post if you're having any issues with ROM Manager, and/or the patches with rubiX Focused 1.0.

As per DRod, pulling the BlurCamera zip from ROM Manager. The 8mp AOSP camera is up in it's place.
If you installed the BlurCamera patch, you can easily run the AOSPCamera patch, and it will overwrite the blurcamera.
http://www.sephtin.com/rubiX/rubixFocused-PATCH-AOSPCamera.zip

2 things of note:
1) It's not at first obvious how to select 8mp. From the camera app, the top settings option on the right (brings up Focus Mode, and Exposure), scroll down to Picture Size, and set to 8M Pixels.

2) To use ROM Manager to install the patches:
ROM Manager> Download Rom> Drod2169> CHANGE OPTIONS-Focused-1.0> press the "Download" button, then choose your Keyboard, and your Camera, and click ok to reboot and install the patches.

Post if you have any troubles with the patches...

Drod,

Great question though!

Thanks for the patches sephtin! I was wondering if you could put out a patch to install the FM Radio as well? I tried pushing it to system/apps by hand, but not having any luck...

Send me the files.. I'll throw them in a .zip for ya.. and you can test. *shrug*

Drod I have had no problems and love this ROM....wish people would follow your instructions.

Was glad to see that car dock files this am. Along the same line I founds that the dock home (for media station) isn't working. Is that a blur thing, forgot, or can i add it back in? If so, anyone have that file.

Keep up the great work

For the stock home dock, you will need the Dock.apk. Oddly enough, I don't think there is a launcher for that at all, just activates when you dock it. May be wrong though.

Keep up the great work

Just need to know what files are required...

I've fixed the scripts so that Focused 1.0 will install correctly from ROM Manager.

If you're the type of person that would rather do things by hand... the files are also here:
DefaultFocused keyboard, and camera - These are the ones that come installed on rubiX Focused 1.0 by default, so that you can go back to them if you wish!
http://www.sephtin.com/rubiX/rubixFocused-PATCH-DefaultFocusedCamera.zip
http://www.sephtin.com/rubiX/rubixFocused-PATCH-DefaultFocusedKeyboard.zip

BlurCamera (Version provided to me by DRod)-
http://www.sephtin.com/rubiX/rubixFocused-PATCH-BlurCamera.zip

AOSP Keyboard (Version provided to me by DRod)-
http://www.sephtin.com/rubiX/rubixFocused-PATCH-AOSPKeyboard.zip

I know there are a few versions/patches/etc. of the BlurCamera files out there... This one was the version provided to me by DRod. I've done basic testing of all of these patches, as well as testing that the patches work correctly in ROM Manager.

Please post if you're having any issues with ROM Manager, and/or the patches with rubiX Focused 1.0.

I used this camera patch and the camera worked fine but now crashes on opening. Doesn't even make it to the point where you can take a pic. Any suggestions?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Have you tried clearing data/cache for the camera?
Menu> Applications> manage applications> all tab> camera
clear data/cache.

?? have been testing the camera patches, and switching back and forth over and over, and I haven't had this yet. :S Worth a shot.

My gmail isn't syncing properly. I got the gmail app from the market, and I have already cleared data/cache in the manage applications settings. Normally I would be able to set the sync options in the My Accounts settings, but that's a blur item so I can see why it's not on the rom. What should I try next?

My gmail isn't syncing properly. I got the gmail app from the market, and I have already cleared data/cache in the manage applications settings. Normally I would be able to set the sync options in the My Accounts settings, but that's a blur item so I can see why it's not on the rom. What should I try next?

It should still let you modify the sync option in Settings > Accounts > *youremail*

Back