[ROM] Rolling Rolling Rolling GummyJAR just keep a rolling aha... 2.5 12/28

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh, gee. Think I royally messed up my phone. SBF'd the wrong file and now I'm stuck in bootloader. I'm going to move myself over to a thread relating to that now to either confirm my fate with a phone that's toast or miraculously stumble upon a fix for this.

Which file did you SBF? Try booting into stock recovery and boot up while holding the home key, then when you see the Android guy next to a "!" Hit the search key)
Wipe data/factory reset)

do the factory reset 2 or 3 times and then see if your phone will reboot..

if not you're going to want to turn it off to conserve battery until you can locate the correct sbf (.340 system sbf)

i wonder if you could use the .320 full sbf and then update back to .340 with the maderstock.zip

Yes you van SBF to 2.3.320 and use Maderschramm's zip to update, after you regain root and bootstrap obviously. You can flash the zip if u can get clockwork recovery. Doubtful though.

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Oh, gee. Think I royally messed up my phone. SBF'd the wrong file and now I'm stuck in bootloader. I'm going to move myself over to a thread relating to that now to either confirm my fate with a phone that's toast or miraculously stumble upon a fix for this.

Which file did you SBF? Try booting into stock recovery and boot up while holding the home key, then when you see the Android guy next to a "!" Hit the search key)
Wipe data/factory reset)

if not you're going to want to turn it off to conserve battery until you can locate the correct sbf (.340 system sbf)

i wonder if you could use the .320 full sbf and then update back to .340 with the maderstock.zip

Yes you van SBF to 2.3.320 and use Maderschramm's zip to update, after you regain root and bootstrap obviously. You can flash the zip if u can get clockwork recovery. Doubtful though.

Well chances are he doesn't already have the .zip on his phone

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wipe data/factory reset)

Well chances are he doesn't already have the .zip on his phone

He could download on PC, pop in microSD via card reader adapter and it would work.

droid fetish

Reaction score
just checking back wondering if anybody got the individual mp3 notifications to work?
my ringtones wont set for individual contacts either, no matter which service i use, my music-diablo-zedge. i set custom ringtone and when call comes in it just goes to default, whats up?

xxheartstrings

Reaction score
I was able to sbf to .320 full (system .340 did not work) and the phone powered on AND fixed my Network Connection problem. Afterwards, I rerooted with z4, reinstalled bootstrap, and reflashed the GummyJAR theme. But, now it's stuck in the GummyJAR bootloop, can't get into Clockwork Recovery, only the stock recovery. Tried factory data wipe, still same problem. Did I make a mistake by not going from .320 to .340 first? I think that's where I went wrong (though, in my defense, I have been trying to get this fixed since about 2pm yesterday... lol!)

mtcawirtz

Reaction score
I can't seem to find out where to add an individual ringtone to a contact on this ROM. This ROM is the best and I will stay using it but that would be a nice feature on the update.

dvader

Reaction score
I can't seem to find out where to add an individual ringtone to a contact on this ROM. This ROM is the best and I will stay using it but that would be a nice feature on the update.

use the asop contacts. then edit contact in the options. you should be able select a custom one from there.
not sure about the default contacts that comes with the rom, i replaced it.

mtcawirtz

Reaction score

use the asop contacts. then edit contact in the options. you should be able select a custom one from there.
not sure about the default contacts that comes with the rom, i replaced it.

Thanks, I will check that out and let you all know. Edit : I tried using the "Contacts Update" from Page 1 but didn't help. Could you send me the contact that you use? I would be grateful.

detox

Reaction score
I was able to sbf to .320 full (system .340 did not work) and the phone powered on AND fixed my Network Connection problem. Afterwards, I rerooted with z4, reinstalled bootstrap, and reflashed the GummyJAR theme. But, now it's stuck in the GummyJAR bootloop, can't get into Clockwork Recovery, only the stock recovery. Tried factory data wipe, still same problem. Did I make a mistake by not going from .320 to .340 first? I think that's where I went wrong (though, in my defense, I have been trying to get this fixed since about 2pm yesterday... lol!)

After flashing the full sbf, you should have flashed the maderstock.zip. that would have upgraded your system, baseband, bootloader, and kernal. Then you would be able to flash Gummy. Here is the link for that zip

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-rooted-help/112152-maderstcok-ota-2-3-340-update-zip.html

Don't let this get you down. Take it as a learning experience! Hope you get this working!

detoXatappin on my X

xxheartstrings

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, detox. After about three sbf flashes, I finally got my phone up and running. I flashed sbf 2.2.320, then used the .zip update to go to .340. Afterwards I was at stock. So, I rerooted, flashed the rom, then rebooted and flashed the theme. Everything is peachy now! Quite a learning experience. Still not quite sure what would havecaused tthe mobile network to quit like that,but its working now!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

pinhead875

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, detox. After about three sbf flashes, I finally got my phone up and running. I flashed sbf 2.2.320, then used the .zip update to go to .340. Afterwards I was at stock. So, I rerooted, flashed the rom, then rebooted and flashed the theme. Everything is peachy now! Quite a learning experience. Still not quite sure what would havecaused tthe mobile network to quit like that,but its working now!

I lost my network once before, too, flashing either Linear or GummyJar (can't remember which, but I think it was Linear that caused my phone to lose mobile connections). My saving grace was that I make a backup of everything I do. I was able to backup to a clean .340 (or GummyJar, can't remember), and reload Linear with no problems.

Here's what I do:

1. After upgrade to .340, make a backup. This is your base backup that you can always fall back on - it's stock!
2. Flash rom (in our cases, GummyJar). As soon as the rom is flashed and rebooted, make a backup! Now you have a clean GummyJar backup to fall back on if ever necessary.
3. Flash theme (in my case, Linear theme). As soon as the theme is flashed and rebooted, make a backup! Now you have a clean Linear-on-top-of-GummyJar backup to fall back on if ever necessary.

That's 3 separate backups to fall back on for any reason.
Wanna try another rom? Easy, just load the .340 backup!
Wanna flash another theme on GummyJar? Easy, first load your clean GummyJar backup!
Did something get messed up in your rom/theme? Reload the backup!

Cheers.

detox

Reaction score

No problem. Not sure what would cause you to lose service either but im glad you got it fixed and now you know how to sbf if you ever need to in the future. And if you did not make backups, you can still flash another rom by wiping data and cache before installing. And if there is another ota update available in the future, it doesn't take too long to flash the system only sbf in order to get that update. Just remember in the future to always make backups if you have not done so. Glad everything is working for you now. Enjoy Gummy. It is a great rom and keep your eye out for liberty by kejar and jrummy. This rom is gonna be a piece of art when it released(should be soon hopefully)! Good luck in the future!

detoXatappin on my X

detox

Reaction score

I lost my network once before, too, flashing either Linear or GummyJar (can't remember which, but I think it was Linear that caused my phone to lose mobile connections). My saving grace was that I make a backup of everything I do. I was able to backup to a clean .340 (or GummyJar, can't remember), and reload Linear with no problems.

Here's what I do:

1. After upgrade to .340, make a backup. This is your base backup that you can always fall back on - it's stock!
2. Flash rom (in our cases, GummyJar). As soon as the rom is flashed and rebooted, make a backup! Now you have a clean GummyJar backup to fall back on if ever necessary.
3. Flash theme (in my case, Linear theme). As soon as the theme is flashed and rebooted, make a backup! Now you have a clean Linear-on-top-of-GummyJar backup to fall back on if ever necessary.

That's 3 separate backups to fall back on for any reason.
Wanna try another rom? Easy, just load the .340 backup!
Wanna flash another theme on GummyJar? Easy, first load your clean GummyJar backup!
Did something get messed up in your rom/theme? Reload the backup!

Cheers.

Nice post pinhead875

detoXatappin on my X

pinhead875

Reaction score
Nice post pinhead875

detoXatappin on my X

Thanks. I got my first Android phone last summer - the day the DX came out. It's been a great learning experience since then. Now I try to help when I can, same that was done for me last year.

J