[ROM] GummyJAR - Coming soon

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
GummyJAR

Striped down and geared towards SPEED!!!!

gj10.png
gm2k.png
gj3.png

GummyJar is built for and only tested on 2.3.320 based phones.... If you are running OTA you might have issues

GummyJAR is an AOSP like rom, yes it is based off of a moto rom (2.3.320)

90% of all apps were compiled by me from source (a few needed to be there from moto... like five or so provider apps and the music app)... This is a first and I was able to accomplish this though modifying the framework in both cvpc's and cyanogenmod's source. All source changes will be available to anyone who requests them after GummyJAR is released.... So yes this work will work its way into other Blur based ROM's

The look and and feel of this rom is AOSP with a few tweaks :) If you are a themer and would like to release themes for my rom PM me...

GummyJAR is really as close to AOSP as we are going to get until cvpcs and Matt get things figured out and the bugs cleared up!!!

Thanks to Droid2169 for his patience with me when I needed help or just a question answered. GummyJAr will also be using his busybox and script which is greatly appreciated!
Thanks to Matt4542 for all his help and support along the way!!!! Oh and thanks for testing and porting GummyJAR to the D2 :p
Thanks to jacksonbarber for testing my ROM!
Thanks for cvpcs for publicly posting his source, which I compiled most of my apps from.
Thanks for teamdouche for publicly posting the CM source, which I compiled some of my apps from. - Oh an posting thier GAPPS, which I used in this ROM :)
Angdroid for the reboot option.

Features:
New base....built by me
First Non-AOSP ROM to include phone, contacts, settings..... hell 90% of all the apps were built from source.... rather that decompiled and hacked apps via APKmanager!!!!! And it shows in pure speed!!!!!
Blurless obviously
Wycontacts
Music control's in lock screen
build.prop tweaks - thanks to LexusBrian400
Ads blocked via hosts file - thanks to delta_foxtrot2
Framework cleanup to properly match AOSP
10% battery increments
Reboot option in power down menu
All apps optimized and zip aligned
More to come...

Disclaimer:
I take no responsibility for what this ROM may do to your phone.

Install:
make sure you have root and clockworks recovery installed
Waring!!!! Make sure you are on 2.3.320!!!
-boot into recovery via clockworks bootstrap
-select "wipe data/factory reset"
-select "Yes -- delete all data"
-go back "powerbutton"
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select DX/D2-GummyJAR.xx.xx.zip
-reboot

Donate:
While GummyJAR will allways be free - non-contributionware - I would very much appreciated it you got me a beer or two :cool:

Last edited:
OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
In testing now, could be released as soon as tomorrow. Please see the OP for details!

c_hale22

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Can't wait let me know if you could use any help or another tester.