[ROM] GummyJAR - Stripped down and geared towards SPEED!!!! - release 1.0 - 12/08

trebb

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea how to get to 2.3.320 or 2.3.340 from 2.3.15 bootloader version 3.01?

If so, shoot me a pm :)

tatuud

Reaction score
Love this rom, super fast no bugs but I think I am moving on to fission or darkside so I can use the 3g hotspot and maybe the stock camera app.....

great rom tho...

Slap me if i'm wrong, but doesn't the 3g hotspot app require you to have the additional $20 tether service from Verizon?

Why not just use Wireless Tether?

no sir, TBH has a hack that allows you to use it for free. it's been out for a while now. for some unknown reason it doesn't work on this or drod's rom. the wifi works fine though

crabbypants

Reaction score
Love this rom, super fast no bugs but I think I am moving on to fission or darkside so I can use the 3g hotspot and maybe the stock camera app.....

great rom tho...

Slap me if i'm wrong, but doesn't the 3g hotspot app require you to have the additional $20 tether service from Verizon?

no sir, TBH has a hack that allows you to use it for free. it's been out for a while now. for some unknown reason it doesn't work on this or drod's rom. the wifi works fine though

Oh wow, was not aware of this. So does it act as an Access Point and not an Ad-Hoc network? I know wireless tether acts as an ad-hoc network and many work laptops have that locked out from group policy restrictions.

mugsy77

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea how to get to 2.3.320 or 2.3.340 from 2.3.15 bootloader version 3.01?

Might want to search or post this outside of this forum topic. This is for folks on .320 or .340 =)

Respectfully,

tatuud

Reaction score

Oh wow, was not aware of this. So does it act as an Access Point and not an Ad-Hoc network? I know wireless tether acts as an ad-hoc network and many work laptops have that locked out from group policy restrictions.

yes sir that is my understanding of how it works, it's not ad-hoc. i used it on other roms and it worked great. but no luck on this rom, no biggie as the wifi tethering works just fine. maybe on a future update Kejar can get it to work.

Marius1

Reaction score
It's probably extremely difficult to get hotspot to work without adding some blur components.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

crabbypants

Reaction score

yes sir that is my understanding of how it works, it's not ad-hoc. i used it on other roms and it worked great. but no luck on this rom, no biggie as the wifi tethering works just fine. maybe on a future update Kejar can get it to work.

He stated here that he will not work on this. However, teenfaces said he got it to work here. I asked how he did so, my username there is onebigtaco

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me if the pictures from Facebook sync with the contacts and will be displayed in messaging?

trebb

Reaction score

Might want to search or post this outside of this forum topic. This is for folks on .320 or .340 =)

Respectfully,

Yes, but I'm sure some who are on .320 or .340 got there from .15, and can help me out. Hence why I'm asking. I installed GummyJAR not realizing that I wasn't on .320 or .340, and I love the ROM. However, there are certain aspects that do not work. So I'd love to be able to figure it all out. :)

Last edited:

andylulzyou

Reaction score
If you have a nandroid of your stock rooted set-up you should be able to restore that and then pull the update to get to .340 you will lose root but you can always just use z4

if not you'd probably have to .sbf to stock .315 then pull the update then reroot

tatuud

Reaction score

He stated here that he will not work on this. However, teenfaces said he got it to work here. I asked how he did so, my username there is onebigtaco

very interesting since no one else has figured it out. i look forward to the response. thanks for the response

mbh87

Reaction score
The hotspot app must be tied into blur. I sadly had to switch back to ApeX because I needed the hotspot app. Sucks because I loved this ROM.

travisn000

Reaction score
Here is the blur camera. Install through clockwork.

http://db.tt/co2CJui

Thanks.. it works great.! ...nice to have some of the extra camera features back (..panorama stitch, video "scenes", etc). I didn't have any issues with defualt camera's image quality with this rom, I just missed some of the features from the moto one. Now I have them!

In case anyone is curios, the blur camera app is also way faster than normal when running on this rom... I love this ROM!
dancedroid

Last edited:

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
I can't express enough how awesome it is to use my DX now that this rom is on it. It reminds me of the satisfaction that I had while using my D1.

Thank you for breathing life into an excellent piece of hardware bogged down by motovzw bloat.