[ROM] Rolling Rolling Rolling GummyJAR just keep a rolling aha... 2.5 12/28

Ampt808

Reaction score
This was my first flash and I'm lovin' it so far! It smokes the Blur system.

I'm excited for my Droid X again.

Thanks to the Dev for this great ROM.

mcp770

Reaction score
Thanks for the theme recommendation. Ill check it out.

But what happened to voice input for txting???? That was a real nice feature to have. Is that something I can restore with TiB???

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

reinstall google "voice search" and your voice input will be active again.

Mia_Heatian

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to this forum and my new DroidX. I'm really eager to switch to GummyJar. I hate to sound like a noob but how do I execute this?

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to this forum and my new DroidX. I'm really eager to switch to GummyJar. I hate to sound like a noob but how do I execute this?

Make sure your Droid X is on the latest system (.340)

Make sure you have full battery and make sure Gummy is just on the root of ur sd not in any folders (you can purchase it from the market and he also has it on his website for free)

Open Droid Bootstrapper
-Bootstrap Recovery - Success
-Reboot Recovery

Will Reboot into Clockwork (Move Up/Down with Volume Keys, select something with camera button, Power button to go back)

-Scroll down to Backup and restore
-Backup (will take a little bit)

-Then scroll down to mounts and storage
-Format Cache (yes)
-Format Data (yes)

Back to main Clockwork

-wipe data/factory reset (yes)
-go back (powerbutton)
-install zip from sdcard
-choose zip from sdcard
-gummy2.5
-let it do its thing then reboot system now

Mia_Heatian

Reaction score
What is rerooting? And where do I get z4root?

I hope you're aware that I'm going to be a like an annoying pest until I get this done haha.

detox

Reaction score
No problem. Searching google will answer many questions you have instead of waiting for a response. Youtube also has video tutorials for rooting and flashing roms and what not. That way we do not flood this thread with questions unrelated to this rom. If you have questions and cannot find the answer, you can always pm me and I'll do what I can to help

detoXatappin on my X

Reaction score
having a little issue.

The phone acts dead, when I want to wake it up from lock. If I push the power button, home key anything, nothing happens. If I wait a min+ then it turns on.

This is happening a lot lately.

andylulzyou

Reaction score
having a little issue.

The phone acts dead, when I want to wake it up from lock. If I push the power button, home key anything, nothing happens. If I wait a min+ then it turns on.

This is happening a lot lately.

Have you tried double tapping the power button? I have this happen sometimes along with the rom killin muh hard keys on bootup

xxheartstrings

Reaction score
Having a problem installing this ROM.. I'm a newbie so bare with me. I read through the pages and didn't see anyone having this problem, so I assume it was some mistake of mine. But I'm in the install screen and the phone is sitting at "Installing update. . ." and not moving. Has been for about 10 minutes now. The bar at the bottom is not moving, either. Advice on what to do next? I did a backup with Clockwork Bootstrap before installing, downloaded to the SD card, installed from .zip ... did I miss something?

Edit: tried to DL the file from my phone rather than my computer then moving it to the SD card. seems to have fixed the problem, though I did get stuck in a bootloop once and had to do a couple of resets for it to finally work. but now I think I'm up and running! Now to try and put a THEME on it... wish this newbie some luck! LOL :)

mcp770

Reaction score
I'm at work so don't have the link but I used a zip from a guy named like the zip file that is maderstcok340.zip that puts a clean install of 340 on your system. It combines all the tbh patches bootloader and all. It installs via clockwork do no need to sbf.

Anyways point is by doing this as opposed to sbf back and installing the patches my fresh install of gummy is working better than it ever has with noticeable speed and battery improvement over my previous install where I just wiped data/cache. You may try a fresh install to include an sd card format and use the file I mentioned above to flash back to 340 as it saved tons if time.

Edit: found the zip file HERE and WORKS PERFECTLY.