[ROM] ApeX V2.0.0 Release Candidate (RC2) (6/11/2011)

that was too easy. Back to stock... I thought that would never be better but i guess. Thanks for the link.

Download the archives, extract and then use terminal emulator to install the app

Liberty Gingercomb v.09

which apk voice commands is?
i see there is only 'voice search' apk, there is no voice commands..

Well I think it's time to say good bye to Apex. There's been no update to this ROM since it was released and the bluetooth issue is really pissing me off now. I like this ROM but development has been slow.

I'll keep an eye on it and see when an update comes up but I think I'm going back to DS.

Understood... but it just doesn't appear to be any improvements. Not even small once. I'm not complaining because these guys put a lot of work into this. I'm just saying I'll wait to see an update then come back.
My guess as to the slowness of development is that there are so many new devices out that the dev's are spending time developing for these new devices and not the old once. This is to be expected. Every time you blink there are like tons of new devices.

Last edited:
Definitely. I think this rom was and is solid. I never had an issue with apex. I'm on cm now which so far is THE best rom out there so far.

Droid 2-honeybread cyanogenmod 7 (build-16)

Definitely. I think this rom was and is solid. I never had an issue with apex. I'm on cm now which so far is THE best rom out there so far.

I agree. Apex was amazing and my favorite .596 ROM I have tried. The most stable and smoothest of them all.

CM74DX

I agree. Apex was amazing and my favorite .596 ROM I have tried. The most stable and smoothest of them all.

CM74DX

WAS?? I agree it's a stable ROM but still needs improvements. Like I said don't get me wrong I like this ROM but was hoping to see some updates.

CM74DX

WAS?? I agree it's a stable ROM but still needs improvements. Like I said don't get me wrong I like this ROM but was hoping to see some updates.

I said was because I am now on CM7 which is from source, not .596. Apex is still a current ROM and I keep a backup on my SD Card in case I want to go back.

Fabolous did say that he was working on the Apex toolbox when Apex 2.0 RC2 came out, but I haven't heard or seen anything about it.

CM74DX

Got it; make sense. Yeah I always keep backups too. I think I'm going to go back to DS like I said. I may go back to CM7 if I see more improvements.

I'll always have my apex backup, but cm is just too good. My phone is... perfect right now. Not one issue. Not one. It's remarkable. I checked everything (gps, wifi etc...) and I can't find anything wrong. Battery is great and the speed is screaming.

Has the battery improved on CM7? It was horrible when I tried it. I went to the nighty 9.

It's at least as good as liberty, Apex and zs, but who really knows? My battery is about the same throughout all roms. I think there's a huge subjective element to it. Of course, when I flash a new rom, it's fresh and exciting. I use it more than usual and it seems like the battery is better, but looking at trends it seems that people say the battery life gets worse the longer they're on a given rom. Bordom maybe? Not sure. I'm liking it all right now tho

I am on nightly 31 for the X. My battery is ok right now. Give it a day and I'll get back to you. I can say for sure, my battery is better now than it was on Justice. Justice ate battery like no other.

CM7-4-DX

Back