[ROM] [ROM][DROID2] ApeX 2.0.0 Release Candidate (RC3) (8/27/2011)

dimpelli

Reaction score
On the main page it says I need to be on system version 4.5.153.A955-continuous.Verizon.en.US, but my phone is currently 4.5.601.A955.verizon.en.us. Will that be an issue? Also, loki993 I'm currently running liberty 3, and I will say battery life is exceptional. An average day, 16 hours of being unplugged, with moderate-heavy usage I can generally have about 40% battery when I plug it in at night. On the other hand, I've been having alot of bug issues with this rom.

tjarvis

Reaction score
On the main page it says I need to be on system version 4.5.153.A955-continuous.Verizon.en.US, but my phone is currently 4.5.601.A955.verizon.en.us. Will that be an issue? Also, loki993 I'm currently running liberty 3, and I will say battery life is exceptional. An average day, 16 hours of being unplugged, with moderate-heavy usage I can generally have about 40% battery when I plug it in at night. On the other hand, I've been having alot of bug issues with this rom.

If you are already on liberty 3 you can flash apex no problem at all. You will like the stability and lack of quirks on apex as well...but you may miss the customization. I do advise you flash the theme on the first page, its great!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

dimpelli

Reaction score
If you are already on liberty 3 you can flash apex no problem at all. You will like the stability and lack of quirks on apex as well...but you may miss the customization. I do advise you flash the theme on the first page, its great!

All I needed to hear. Downloading now. I would have really liked to try MIUI, but after flashing it wouldn't go past the Motorola logo and I had to SBF.

dimpelli

Reaction score
Ok one issue. whenever I take a picture, it never shows up in the gallery. I had the same issue with liberty 3. Any suggestions?

tjarvis

Reaction score
Ok one issue. whenever I take a picture, it never shows up in the gallery. I had the same issue with liberty 3. Any suggestions?

Try fix permissions and/or reflash with system and data mounted in the advanced menu of cw recovery

dimpelli

Reaction score
How do I fix permissions? I've been flashing custom roms for about a year, so I'm not exactly a novice, but I'm definitely no expert.

tjarvis

Reaction score
How do I fix permissions? I've been flashing custom roms for about a year, so I'm not exactly a novice, but I'm definitely no expert.

Download rom manager if you don't already have it and look near the bottom and there is a selection that says "fix permissions"...choose that and give it su permission and let it run. When its done reboot and it wouldn't hurt to clear dalvik cache either.

droid doctor

Reaction score
Okay here it goes back when the team black hat app came out with the all in one sbf zip file I flashed it because I was on the leak and I wanted to try miui. So I flashed it and everything went great, but the thing is and this has happened to a lot of people with the file every time it gets to updating radio image it says failed. That's when you're supposed to reboot and then you'll be back on stock froyo. After that I rooted my phone then I flashed miui was happy with it, but I saw that my brother had the ota so I used the sbf file again. Went back to froyo then did the ota update which took forever. When I was on the ota I rooted with the D3 one click root method. That was about a month ago and ever since I've been trying to flash roms like Miui, Apex, Liberty. But every time I go to wipe all data it happens in 5 seconds, but I don't think it wiped it. Same thing with the cache. Then I go to install zip from sd card and I get the rom I want and flash it then 3 seconds after choosing I get the installation aborted alert. This happens every time I try to flash any rom. If I do sbf I don't think the file would work. So I'd have to do it from the computer, but the only problem I have with that is that I always Have to jiggle my charger cable so it charges. I was also thinking of a factory data reset throughout the phone's settings. Please any suggestions would be appreciated.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would sbf and do the TBH GB All In One. The radio will only install correctly coming from Froyo. Then flash your ROM before leaving Recovery.

Boot Manager