[ROM][DROID2] ApeX V2.0.0 Release Candidate (RC2) (6/12/2011)

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
anyone else having an issue with wireless tether? every time i try it it also seems to load up wifi hotspot. while i can find and connect to the phone with my lappy, the internet connection doesn't transfer

Wireless tether doesn't function on ROM's with the GB kernel. Apex is currently using the GB kernel.

It does work. I used the tether patch and Wireless tether for root users app on pretty much all GB ROMs. Including Apex

CM74DX

dudemansir

Reaction score
It does work. I used the tether patch and Wireless tether for root users app on pretty much all GB ROMs. Including Apex

CM74DX

You have a link to the tether patch? you just using regular wifi tether?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Use wifi tether v3.0. It's the one with the yellow icon. Go into the apps settings and choose your device and you should be golden

CM74D2

Lurkily

Reaction score
Wireless tether doesn't function on ROM's with the GB kernel. Apex is currently using the GB kernel.
I had wireless tether working on liberty/apex.
Pretty sure Liberty's a Froyo kernel.

Apex is not being very stable for me. I think Light Flow caused the issues with the backlit keys and the loss of all reception. (It's main purpose is to manage the colors and styles of the notification LED, but it has options to adjust the brightness of backlit buttons based on ambient.) I'm not sure why it's a problem, but the two issues coincided, and since restoring the phone, and making sure that app wasn't there, I haven't had any problems.

Android Overclock for D2 is also randomly (around 50% of the time) force closing upon opening the overclock menu - seems anything hardware-management related is a little kitchy.

Lastly, I suddenly can't set ringtones. Zedge gives me an empty list, and the system selector reboots. Handcent's selector is the only one that works, and only if I select music. Moving those tones to the same folder as that music, however, doesn't auto-magically make it accessible.

I saw that one other user solved a problem similar to this by using Ringdroid to set a ringtone that was a system tone, but ringdroid could not find the system tones on my phone. Another user said this problem just went away for them, with altered filenames that appeared to be old names. (He typically renamed music with a marker to mark it as something he downloaded.)

Anybody have any idea what's going on? This one's a potential dealbreaker. If I can't solve it, I'll probably flash one more time to try and solve this problem, but if I come across that kind of unreliability again - despite how much I am loving the general function of this ROM - I'm going to try something else.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

Apex is not being very stable for me. I think Light Flow caused the issues with the backlit keys and the loss of all reception. (It's main purpose is to manage the colors and styles of the notification LED, but it has options to adjust the brightness of backlit buttons based on ambient.) I'm not sure why it's a problem, but the two issues coincided, and since restoring the phone, and making sure that app wasn't there, I haven't had any problems.

Android Overclock for D2 is also randomly (around 50% of the time) force closing upon opening the overclock menu - seems anything hardware-management related is a little kitchy.

Lastly, I suddenly can't set ringtones. Zedge gives me an empty list, and the system selector reboots. Handcent's selector is the only one that works, and only if I select music. Moving those tones to the same folder as that music, however, doesn't auto-magically make it accessible.

I saw that one other user solved a problem similar to this by using Ringdroid to set a ringtone that was a system tone, but ringdroid could not find the system tones on my phone. Another user said this problem just went away for them, with altered filenames that appeared to be old names. (He typically renamed music with a marker to mark it as something he downloaded.)

Anybody have any idea what's going on? This one's a potential dealbreaker. If I can't solve it, I'll probably flash one more time to try and solve this problem, but if I come across that kind of unreliability again - despite how much I am loving the general function of this ROM - I'm going to try something else.

There are 2 Liberty versions. Liberty Froyo and Liberty GB. Liberty GB uses the GB kernel.

I would do a data wipe and go from there. I have loaded Apex several times and never had any issues like those.

MIUI

Lurkily

Reaction score

There are 2 Liberty versions. Liberty Froyo and Liberty GB. Liberty GB uses the GB kernel.

I would do a data wipe and go from there. I have loaded Apex several times and never had any issues like those.

MIUI
Ah, thanks - I may re-examine Liberty, then.

If I go that route, it'd be Apex's third chance to prove itself. It'll probably come to that, but I'd REALLY like to know what's going on so I can avoid issues in the future. Possible that it had something to do with Zedge's ringtone service? That was a recent install.

americanz

Reaction score
as far as the back light and key lights on apex i had that problem but if you have the newst version of liberty toolbox donate there is a mod in there that fixes it.

Lurkily

Reaction score
Pretty sure I learned what was happening, if not the cause.

My phone ceased to recognize .ogg as a ringtone. All the ringtones, alarms, and notification tones were .ogg, and android apparently crashes when you try to open the selector and nothing's there. Zedge manages to open the empty list. handcent worked because I selected music, which was able to find MP3's, but not the .ogg files.

The files existed, and with root explorer I was able to view and move them, but they were not selectable as ringtones. I still have no idea why.

Did a wipe, and everything is steady for the moment. No more FC's, and my ringtones are back. Zedge and Android Overclock are working as advertised again.

pupupi

Reaction score
PC Mode not working , i have to keep remounting and mounting the sdcard to do
stuff. How pc mode run normally ? Thank everyone

xm0067

Reaction score
Use wifi tether v3.0. It's the one with the yellow icon. Go into the apps settings and choose your device and you should be golden

CM74D2

Do you have a link to the tether patch and instuctions on how to install? wireless teather 3.x.x doesn't seem to work unless you have it (yes I've tried and I always run into the paywall)

Sent from my Apex-ed Overclocked DROID 2

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score

CM74D2

Do you have a link to the tether patch and instuctions on how to install? wireless teather 3.x.x doesn't seem to work unless you have it (yes I've tried and I always run into the paywall)

Sent from my Apex-ed Overclocked DROID 2

assuming you are referencing the TBH patch?