[ROM] ApeX V2.0.0 Beta (5/3/2011)

DMFA

Reaction score
2Qs: 1. wireless tether? And 2. Blur alarm clock?

Outstanding ROM. Bravo.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Int_Rnd_Pooka

Reaction score
2Qs: 1. wireless tether? And 2. Blur alarm clock?

Outstanding ROM. Bravo.

Blur Alarm Clock is available in the package of Removed GB Apps from the original post. I believe I ended up pulling Wireless Tether from a previous Titanium backup. I'm not finding it on the market, and I kind of liked it. There's plenty of options for doing that, though.

turdbogls

Reaction score
tethering is broken on GB.....moto/verizon/everyone else knows you are doing it and are going to charge you for it if you do it...because it goes against the TOS of your contract.

JustJack1235

Reaction score
tethering is broken on GB.....moto/verizon/everyone else knows you are doing it and are going to charge you for it if you do it...because it goes against the TOS of your contract.

So if we don't update to GB we should be fine. Right?

GBDX

Reaction score
Ive been on GB since the leaks started and have been tethering the whole time with no issues. Am working on my second bill since doing so and looking at my account have not been charged a cent yet. I only tether to my tablet though.......

DMFA

Reaction score
How do they know we've been tethering, by the data numbers? I've been watching Netflix on 3G a lot, wouldn't that produce a similar amount?

turdbogls

Reaction score
So if we don't update to GB we should be fine. Right?

by fine do you mean will you be able to tether...yes,
but you will probably get the charge sooner or later either way

Ive been on GB since the leaks started and have been tethering the whole time with no issues. Am working on my second bill since doing so and looking at my account have not been charged a cent yet. I only tether to my tablet though.......
i thought it went to the verizon sign up for tethering plan page.
either way, do what you want to do, i am just relaying information i have been reading about.
saw a tweet from a respected verizon employee saying his friend got slammed with a $500+ fine for illegally tethering on his last months bill. you may not get the monthly fee for it, but they are probably going to get you with a big bill sooner or later.
take that as you will, but you have been warned

turdbogls

Reaction score
On a more ROM related issue.
has anyone had any Random Reboots.
i was getting probably one a day for the last couple weeks. i thought it was from overclocking...so i did not overclock and still got it for the last couple days.
i was completely fine for the first few weeks with no issues at all, then out of the blue this happens. cannot trace it back to an app i have downloaded or anything.

i had a REALLy bad one today. streaming pandora, and it rebooted. phone was up and loading my icons and whatnot on the home screen, and it just froze. pulled battery, rebooted. started up just fine, i opened pandora and it didn't even start playing before it rebooted again. then it wouldn't get past the M logo.
booted into clockwork, wipe cache, and dalvik cache and all seems to bee good again.

just wondering what you-all think it may be?

doniago

Reaction score
I've gotten a couple of random reboots...maybe once/day or so. It usually seems to happen while I'm not actively using my phone for anything, so...eh.

JustJack1235

Reaction score
When I get random reboots I usually do a factory wipe and reinstall. And then I don't get random reboots anymore. But that's just my opinion ~

turdbogls

Reaction score
I've gotten a couple of random reboots...maybe once/day or so. It usually seems to happen while I'm not actively using my phone for anything, so...eh.
yeah mine are no more than once a day....but it is usually when i am streaming pandora or playing my music collection. seems like my phone gets cranky after lunch b/c it has always happened between 1pm and 3pm

When I get random reboots I usually do a factory wipe and reinstall. And then I don't get random reboots anymore. But that's just my opinion ~

maybe i will do this tonight if i get time. you letting the apps auto populate or are you doing an advance nandroid data restore after the wipe?

Edit: did a full wipe, and reinstalled part 1. booted up fine, but i went to reboot and it hung up on my again just after coming out of the bootanimation.
so i did a wipe again, re-flashed the kernal updater, and flashed part 1, booted up fine this time. been using it and setting it back up today. went to go flash part 2, so rebooted and the phone got cought up again after the flash. booted into CWR and wiped cache, and it is going goo again. i would love to figure this out. not sure what went wrong, but it is really annoying. i may have to SBF and just get to stock rooted 595 and wait for OTA to get rooted. uggg.

Last edited:

Int_Rnd_Pooka

Reaction score
Ok, so Fab's going to play with the official .596 release .. fingers crossed that Apex finds it's way onto there easily! I am so tempted to try the .596 release anyway, but will give it a few days until I at least get news of what's going on with Apex

There's torrents out there of the odex and deodex flavors to upgrade from GB leaks, and a multipart zip file to go from stock .340 as well. Just search creatively

teh_g

Reaction score
Ok, so Fab's going to play with the official .596 release .. fingers crossed that Apex finds it's way onto there easily! I am so tempted to try the .596 release anyway, but will give it a few days until I at least get news of what's going on with Apex

There's torrents out there of the odex and deodex flavors to upgrade from GB leaks, and a multipart zip file to go from stock .340 as well. Just search creatively

.596 is pretty nice. Apex will make it even better.

Int_Rnd_Pooka

Reaction score

.596 is pretty nice. Apex will make it even better.

Know if you need to wipe cache and data, or if you can just install it over .591 and Apex 2b?