[ROM] ApeX V2.0.0 Beta (5/3/2011)

Int_Rnd_Pooka

Reaction score
It's very important to wipe data/cache, yes. Elsewise, a lot of apps don't work happily.

Also, as DThomp said. Be sure to flash all three parts in one go (.588 leak is a good thing) BEFORE rebooting. Then reboot, reinstall D2 Bootstrap and reboot into recovery. Flash Apex kernel if necessary (Might want to have checked during that reboot to see what version you're running now that you're in GingerBread), reboot. Flash Apex1, reboot. Flash Apex2, reboot. Drool and be thankful to Fab

Last edited:

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
If im on zombie stomped 1.7 (.495) can I just wipe and install this apex? Or any other GB rom that is pre .495 for that matter?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

DThomp

Reaction score
Yes, but check your kernel version first to see if you need to update it as well. If you do flash that in the same session as pt. 1 without a wipe.

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
Yes, but check your kernel version first to see if you need to update it as well. If you do flash that in the same session as pt. 1 without a wipe.

nice.thank you. i just checked my kernel and im still #1...so just to make sure....recovery>wipe data/cache>flash kernel>flash 2 part apex....correct?

DThomp

Reaction score
You got it. Part 2 is the dialer and other themed parts I believe. Also I'm surprised that your not having any problems not having the kernel updated.

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
You got it. Part 2 is the dialer and other themed parts I believe. Also I'm surprised that your not having any problems not having the kernel updated.

well to be honest i have had some weird things go on with my phone lately lol not sure if it is from the current rom im running or if it is the kernel...but i guess we shall see! Thanks again man

DThomp

Reaction score
You're welcome. I hope that fixes your problem. I know when I do something like trying to change out apk's like blhr phone or blur contacts and it doesn't work reflashing always works for me.

motorhaith

Reaction score
Forgive the noobness but how are yall changing your battery icon? Is that a .zip yall've had from the past or is it an option?

edit:Kinda taught myself this one, but is the .xml for the honeycomb style battery icon somewhere else?

I have the xml and HC battery icons if you want them..shot me a pm with your e mail and I will send them out

This message was probably sent from the can

I had files from the Apex 1.4.1 Toolbox for changing the battery icon to the round one with bars around the outside. This 'Polar Clock' looking one seems far more sexy still. I'm all for learning where I can get that as well.

-- Fabolous - Thank you very much for keeping active on the DX! It's great to have a device with an active community. I'm interested in working more hands-on with android now that I'm out of the Devour and onto a decent device!

will the apex 1.4.1 toolbox work on 2.0? what are we all able to do with the toolbox?

Int_Rnd_Pooka

Reaction score
I have the xml and HC battery icons if you want them..shot me a pm with your e mail and I will send them out

This message was probably sent from the can

I had files from the Apex 1.4.1 Toolbox for changing the battery icon to the round one with bars around the outside. This 'Polar Clock' looking one seems far more sexy still. I'm all for learning where I can get that as well.

-- Fabolous - Thank you very much for keeping active on the DX! It's great to have a device with an active community. I'm interested in working more hands-on with android now that I'm out of the Devour and onto a decent device!

will the apex 1.4.1 toolbox work on 2.0? what are we all able to do with the toolbox?

The Apex Toolbox is essentially a bash script that is a frontend to downloading apps for Apex 1.4.1. There are several framework related options in there that will not function properly with gingerbread. To be honest, I don't know that the apps you can download via toolbox will work either

Long story short, no.

DThomp

Reaction score
In the op there is a download labeled removedblur or something similar, download that, extract to a folder on your card, put another new folder on your card named restore (lowercase), put blur camera in there from the previously extracted zip, back out of your file manager, open terminal, type su, then enter, then type restoreblur, all one word, and check and make sure that your keyboard didn't auto correct it to something else. Then it will say something like press 1 then to restore blur apps selected, press 1 then enter and it will reboot and the blur camera should be there.

chefb

Reaction score
Is apex still beta because the official gb is not out yet?

aburtson

Reaction score
Amazing work Fabolous! I'm happier than I've ever been with my DX!

thegreyspot

Reaction score
latitude not updating

Hey!

I still cant get latitude to update automagically on this mod! It didn't work in apex 1.4 either. I have gone back to stock android and it works fine there. Anybody have any suggestions? Anyone having this problem?

great mod thanks!

Mikey

idle0095

Reaction score
if i deleted the launcher2 will it let me use the GB launcher like I used on .588 GB leak?? I dont like the launcher2.