[ROM] ApeX V2.0.0 Release Candidate (RC2) (6/11/2011)

pupupi

Reaction score
PC Mode not working , i have to keep remounting and mounting the sdcard to do
stuff. How pc mode run normally ? Thank everyone :)

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
just flashed this rom and lost my clockwork... tried rom manager to get it back but didnt work... how do i go about getting my recovery?

JWellington

Reaction score
Simple really; use the Droid 2 Bootstrap recovery; Yes, I said Droid 2; The Droid X bootstrap doesn't work on .596 or gingerbread builds.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Simple really; use the Droid 2 Bootstrap recovery; Yes, I said Droid 2; The Droid X bootstrap doesn't work on .596 or gingerbread builds.

It does, but requires USB Debugging turned off.

CM74DX

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure my DX hates my guts. I was on the rooted OTA, checked all my stuff was correct such as radio, baseband and system version... Yes I used D2 bootstrap, I upgraded with the 2 pre-rooted files... Installed Apex and everything went to hell. Got back into bootstrap, wiped 3x everything and then tried again. 3G is completely gone. Yes I activated and even updated the PRL using the #2 option afterwards. No dice. I get 1x and it starts to overheat in the 50 degree + range before I have to shut down... Currently SBFing back to .340 to give Darkslide a shot. Apex froyo roms always worked fine and I'm sure this rom works fine on most phones...

My wife's old OG Droid and both our boost flashed Samsung Epics are a joy to work with, my DX continually fights me, overheats, crashes out, jams, takes forever to open stuff... The best I ever had it running was the other night on the .588 leak rooted with LauncherPro and all the bloat removed manually... It was moving as fast as my 1.4GHZ Epic with all sorts of tweaks and ALL the bloat gone...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well after flashing back to .340 and upgrading again and a fresh DL of Apex it is now working fine.

I didn't read through the whole thread, but can we re-install the blur dialer from the provided zip or no? The blur dialer and camera are the only 2 things I really want to put back on.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it should work. I reinstalled the camera, so the dialer should work too.

CM74DX

Reaction score
Ok cool. Worst case I'll flash back to .340 again and use 1.4.1 since there is really nothing on GB that I care enough about that it is a MUST have. I still run 2.2 on my Epic, nice and stable with plenty of bells and whistles.

books720

Reaction score
My phone does not ring on incoming calls. I went into settings-sounds-ringtones and it comes up with a error message.... "The application settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." I rebooted, battery pulls, opened closed certain apps - nothing. Do I need to redo everything or is there a apk i can download to fix this?

Reaction score
I took apex and any roms off my dx in preparation to sell it to my father who is new to smart phones. Amazingly, stock rooted GB is pretty nice, MUCH better than stock Froyo ever was... I don't know if my phone just hated Apex 2.0 but I had nothing but trouble... thought it was stable the last time I flashed it but nope...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using DroidForums

JWellington

Reaction score
I took apex and any roms off my dx in preparation to sell it to my father who is new to smart phones. Amazingly, stock rooted GB is pretty nice, MUCH better than stock Froyo ever was... I don't know if my phone just hated Apex 2.0 but I had nothing but trouble... thought it was stable the last time I flashed it but nope...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using DroidForums

I really got to give stock firmware a chance; I'm sure it is really good.

Swyped from my DROIDX from Tapatalk.

thunder550

Reaction score
Been running this for about 3 weeks now and everything is great except bluetooth. I know in the original post is says not to touch the volume while connected to Bluetooth calls, but there are also issues with connecting to and disconnecting from bluetooth devices while on a call. If I'm talking on the phone and connect a BT hands-free device, my call will disappear...phone still shows connected, bluetooth button on the dialer highlights, but HF device never picks up the call. When I hit the bluetooth button to transfer the call back to the phone speaker, it never comes back. I can turn off bluetooth on the phone completely after that and the BT icon never changes back to disconnected - I have to reboot the phone to get it to work again. If I connect a HF device first, then make or receive a call, everything works as it should. It's just a problem with in-call BT transfers.

I'm sure this is being worked on for the final release, just wanted to bring it to attention in case fabolous is checking in for feedback. Everything else is great.

Last edited: