[ROM] [ROM][DROID2] ApeX 2.0.0 Release Candidate (RC3) (8/27/2011)

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Most issues that people have with the OTA, I have never had doing it manually

Boot Manager

tjarvis

Reaction score
Are you using the version of cwr that comes with bootstrap? You should be. Don't flash the one from ROM manager for these roms. Also remember to mount system and data in recovery when you wipe and flash. Use the ota GB not the leak, it will only give you grief later.

To get the ota you will need to sbf...factory reset only brings you to the starting point ofthe ROM install.
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Last edited:

droid doctor

Reaction score
Are you using the version of cwr that comes with bootstrap? You should be. Don't flash the one from ROM manager for these roms. Also remember to mount system and data in recovery when you wipe and flash. Use the ota GB not the leak, it will only give you grief later.

To get the ota you will need to sbf...factory reset only brings you to the starting point ofthe ROM install.

I updated to the new version of Cmw from rom manager should I revert to the 2.5 version ? Or just stay with the 5. Something version.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I updated to the new version of Cmw from rom manager should I revert to the 2.5 version ? Or just stay with the 5. Something version.

I would go back to the old one. I never have had success with 5.0.2.0

Boot Manager

tjarvis

Reaction score
Defiantly use the old one. I know the finger wants to update, but resist! Use the 2.5 cwr, its the one that works with these roms, the new version does not for whatever reason.

droid doctor

Reaction score
Defiantly use the old one. I know the finger wants to update, but resist! Use the 2.5 cwr, its the one that works with these roms, the new version does not for whatever reason.

Ill try it thanks for the advice.

dimpelli

Reaction score
Try fix permissions and/or reflash with system and data mounted in the advanced menu of cw recovery

I fixed permissions, and cleared Dalvik, and the images still won't show up in my Gallery. The pictures all show up in File Explorer, or when I plug it into my computer. But they won't show up in the gallery. Any other suggestions?

arrndroid

Reaction score
Took awhile for me too update to RC3. Still not able to purchase from market. Yes I flashed the ZIP
Overall it is great: Super fast, not too buggy, and it seems battery life will be similar to RC3

Only 2 things: Could we get a music control widget on the homescreen like I had way back when on librity froyo. What app do you recommend for undervolting. Just undervolting, I'm satisfied with speed, I have quickclock but I doesn't apply tweaks at boot.

tjarvis

Reaction score
Took awhile for me too update to RC3. Still not able to purchase from market. Yes I flashed the ZIP
Overall it is great: Super fast, not too buggy, and it seems battery life will be similar to RC3

Only 2 things: Could we get a music control widget on the homescreen like I had way back when on librity froyo. What app do you recommend for undervolting. Just undervolting, I'm satisfied with speed, I have quickclock but I doesn't apply tweaks at boot.

Try Android overclock and use mixzing app for music control on lock screen

xm0067

Reaction score
Any thoughts on an rc4 or a final relese within the next month or so?
Sent from my ApeX-ed, Overclocked, and Automated Droid 2.

dynamowow

Reaction score
I would like to know how Apex compares to Liberty 3 v2.0 - I like the Liberty roms but am willing to venture out.