[ROM][DROID2] ApeX V2.0.0 Release Candidate (RC2) (6/12/2011)

Lurkily

Reaction score
If flashing the zip doesn't work then you have to install it manually using Root Explorer.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
Are you talking about a process other than the long-press on the file, and tapping install? Because as I said, I did that, with root explorer, and it simply said it "did not install".

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
Yes. With root explorer you have to manually move the new market "vending.apk" into /system/app which will overwrite the old vending.apk (I would save a copy of the old vending.apk on your sdcard so you're not left without a market).

Once you move the new market .apk into the folder make sure to change permissions. Select everything in the "read" column, select the first choice in the "write" column, and leave the "execute" column blank. After you save permissions it should read like this next to the .apk:

rw-r--r--

Reboot after changing permissions and you should have the new market installed :)

CM74D2

Lurkily

Reaction score
That worked. 3.0 is up. Any idea why it refused to update?

On a random note, I notice that Brad92 also replied with helpful information, though I didn't go that route. Sorry I implied that your post wasn't helpful. Thanks to you too.

arrndroid

Reaction score
This rom was great at first but has swiftly deteriorated, literally. It was failing as I was using it and trying to figure out what was wrong. The home button stopped working, restored and fixed that.
The real problem is that it wont stay connected to google. Signal/wifi bars go grey and wont load pages of any kind. I get continuous errors trying to connect to google, and the browser doesnt work worth crap. droid forum is VERY slow. etc I manually updated the market, no dice.

anyone have any idea what the h e ll is going on here? The only reason i went here from RubiX is i was hoping for a stable rom that wouldnt kill my SD card all the time.
looks like I might be SBFing for the 2nd time this week.

Edit: full sbf and reinstall.
I've found it to be the Droid and my home router are not communicating properly.

Last edited:

C_BlazE

Reaction score
This rom was great at first but has swiftly deteriorated, literally. It was failing as I was using it and trying to figure out what was wrong. The home button stopped working, restored and fixed that.
The real problem is that it wont stay connected to google. Signal/wifi bars go grey and wont load pages of any kind. I get continuous errors trying to connect to google, and the browser doesnt work worth crap. droid forum is VERY slow. etc I manually updated the market, no dice.

anyone have any idea what the h e ll is going on here? The only reason i went here from RubiX is i was hoping for a stable rom that wouldnt kill my SD card all the time.
looks like I might be SBFing for the 2nd time this week.

Edit: full sbf and reinstall.
I've found it to be the Droid and my home router are not communicating properly.

I had a similar problem, go into to wifi settings then change the wifi sleep policy to never. It was set to when screen is off and when it would return I would have connection issues.