[Official] Liberty 2.0 Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

smccloud

Reaction score
When you say full wipes you do mean sbfing back to stock right?

When you say full wipes you do mean sbfing back to stock right?
In some cases, people might use the term to mean it. Just like when people say there phone was bricked but they fixed it with an SBF. Technically a wipe is done by booting in to recovery(either stock or clockwork), and choosing the wipe option.

I booted into Clockwork and used the wipe data & system as well as wipe cache option (after making sure all partitions were mounted). Then I installed the Blue Gingerbread option from the Liberty Toolbox. I was able to get around the lack of Sywpe by installing the beta, but I would like to know what went wrong (if anything).

loki993

Reaction score
When I long press to try and change my wallpaper it just goes back to my wallpaper. It doesnt bring up the options. Am I doing something wrong? Thats how I did it on 1.5

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
When I long press to try and change my wallpaper it just goes back to my wallpaper. It doesnt bring up the options. Am I doing something wrong? Thats how I did it on 1.5

Try rebooting. I had the same issue when I first flashed. That solved it

Sent from my Liberated DROID2

ssjvegeta003

Reaction score
I had the same problem with Liberty v1.5, and after having downloaded Liberty v2.0.1 ran across the same problem, when the phyiscal keyboard on my Droid2 is pulled out, I lose the predication function. I have around 5 different on screen keyobards installed (I.e swiftkey ,GB ,Blur) and changing the input to be a different keyboard doesn't fix the lack of predication.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, seeing as this appears to be a on going "bug", at lest for me.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I had the same problem with Liberty v1.5, and after having downloaded Liberty v2.0.1 ran across the same problem, when the phyiscal keyboard on my Droid2 is pulled out, I lose the predication function. I have around 5 different on screen keyobards installed (I.e swiftkey ,GB ,Blur) and changing the input to be a different keyboard doesn't fix the lack of predication.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, seeing as this appears to be a on going "bug", at lest for me.

I assume you mean prediction. Predication is an act of proclaiming or preaching. However you are on the right track, it is related to the soft keyboard mods your using. This happens when you turn off Multi-Touch Keyboard. I guess since few androids have physical keyboards, devs dont bother making the keyboards work with the hardware keyboards.

ssjvegeta003

Reaction score
[/quote]This happens when you turn off Multi-Touch Keyboard. I guess since few androids have physical keyboards, devs dont bother making the keyboards work with the hardware keyboards.

It comes with the phone and the ROM. You can't download it. First browse to system/app/ and see if you have latineime.apk. If so click it and install it. If not grab the rom zip and extract it. Put the apk on the phone in system/app/ using root explorer. click r/w if you get a write error. Then install it.[/QUOTE]

I found the latineime.apk, which installs "Android Keyboard" I already had it installed on my phone Here is it selected through the input option as the keyboard of choice and me typing with the physical keyboard and it not giving word prediction

mitchtank

Reaction score
bugs

installed all to the T. even on this forum asking more about more detailed installin instructions.

1. when running the og liberated honeybomb, status bar disappears sporatically. twitter and google search force closes constant....repetitive, so many probs i switched themes.

2. never had swype even on og liberty 2.0, or themed.

3. key lights. fix permissions fixed keys on front and slide out keys.

4. now running red liberated honeycomb with launcher pro plus, changed 3g icon, wifi icon, and pulldown image. twitter still force closes, so i use twitter from laucher pro widgets...seems to work, and themable. did download linear facebook which works well. only problem now is angry birds is force closing.

However after all that i feel its important to add. you guys are great and your work is absolutely phe'nominal. your guys bring us and android into another dimension of theming and possibilities. and thank god for these forums....goes unsaid.

-Tank

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
1. This sounds like it may be theme bug, not a rom bug.

2. What do you mean "og Liberty 2.0?" I just checked and the swype.apk is in the rom. See if you have it listed in system/app/ If you do, click it and try to install it.

3. Your key lights didnt work?

4. Again sounds like a theme issue.

I think you might want to consider downloading the rom zip and flashing it. I think you may have had a bad flash. Liberty is very stable and your report does not sound very stable at all. It is not perfect of course, but aside form some screen issues which I suspect to be hardware related, not Liberty related, I have not had one problem related to Liberty yet. Granted I am on a D2G but thats actually more reason for the rom to be unstable but its not thanks to the romer tool.

mitchtank

Reaction score
Your right its there. Tried installing. Said not installed however when I started writing this the swype keyboard came up. But every time I swyped... my words did not appear
Sent From Liberated Droid 2

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Your right its there. Tried installing. Said not installed however when I started writing this the swype keyboard came up. But every time I swyped... my words did not appear
Sent From Liberated Droid 2

Had the same issue. Freeze the swype in Liberty, then download the swype installer from the swype website. Install and it will work.

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's the swype beta website. Google it. Sign up on the page and they will send you an email with a link to get the installer which will dl the app to your phone. Works great. Just freeze the one that came with liberty first with tb. Try it. Let me know

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

joeonetime

Reaction score
Exchange email issue

I am running 0.4 of the nightlies on my Droid 2, and have noticed an issue that has come up over the last few days. I have my Exchange server email account configured for PUSH delivery - and I notice that something is causing the connection to my Exchange server to go down, and it doesn't come back up unless I reboot the phone.

Two things that I have noticed:

1. This happened when I was in an area where I had no data service. When my data service resumed, my Exchange never resumed the connection

2. This also happened when I was on a long phone call (about one hour). After the call ended, my exchange server never resumed sending e-mails.

On both occasions, when I rebooted the phone, the connection was restored, and all of my received e-mails were downloaded to my phone.

Weird - but this hasn't happened with Lib 1.5 or Stock Gingerbread.

trk3263

Reaction score
Contacts not displaying

Running Liberty 2.0.1 I have all my contacts setup with mobile numbers as ###-###-#### and then have the same number with the addition of *82 under the other field *82###-###-####

I have to do this because I keep my number blocked so I use the "Mobile" field for text messaging and the "Other" field for making phone calls to friends who I want to unblock my number for.

For some reason the Other field will not display on all my contacts when I view them or try and call them. However the Other field does display if I try and edit the contact?

Any help would be great!

Thanks for all your hard work your Rom Kicks A$$

brownie13

Reaction score
Awesome ROM. Few problems:
apps from toolbox won't install (black gmail, black facebook etc..)

switching from soft to hard keyboard I lose spell check

certain apps don't work with ROM (MLB At Bat, amazon app store weatherbug elite)

any fixes for this?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Status
Not open for further replies.