[ICS Leak/CRC] Droid 4 Build 6.16.214

Germanguy

Reaction score
I found the link to the kernel on page 4, where do I find the link to the 215 ROM, please?

Twisted4u

Reaction score
i dont think it is the drivers the computer showes phone but screen on phone is black no display after the dual core start up screen

kenji91

Reaction score
Here's a question for you... I'm on CM9 on my safe side, 16.213 on my non safe side. CM9 uses whatever kernel is already on the phone.

If I wanted to flash the 16.215, would I have to wipe/lose my data on my safe side? Does wiping one the non safe side affect the safe side at all?

outsid0r

Reaction score
Here's a question for you... I'm on CM9 on my safe side, 16.213 on my non safe side. CM9 uses whatever kernel is already on the phone.

If I wanted to flash the 16.215, would I have to wipe/lose my data on my safe side? Does wiping one the non safe side affect the safe side at all?

with that question i pose another, if your on a rom and wipe it but then restore a backup of a different rom does the initial wipe affect the backup? (please dont take this as rude just trying to use an example as perspective)

kenji91

Reaction score
outsid0r said:
with that question i pose another, if your on a rom and wipe it but then restore a backup of a different rom does the initial wipe affect the backup? (please dont take this as rude just trying to use an example as perspective)

I would imagine that a nandroid backup (such as the one Safestrap does) to an external sd card would have little chance to get affected by any wipe. That's the whole idea behind the backup.

As an example, I backed up CM9 and tried AOKP and it didn't work. So I just restored my CM9 back up and I'm good.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
If the backup is on the external sd card then you should be able to restore it after flashing ICS215 and reinstalling safestrap.

kenji91

Reaction score
Does anyone have have the boot.img file for ICS215? I don't remember if I need it if I download the leak.

kenji91

Reaction score
Well, I'm here to confirm that I was able to go from ICS213 to ICS215 smoothly and painlessly. I was also able to install Safestrap and restore my CM9 nightly and everything is business as usual.

I still have a few issues that I had before, but nothing new. Youtube doesn't work for me. Screenshots are still 60% of the window. Occasional data drops.