ICS Leak 6.16.217 Update zip, boot.img and crc

OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
There are three links in the op. You must open the zip to find the three different files. The zip inside is the update, the boot.img for those on different leaks and the crc for flashing from cache.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

bkesm605

Reaction score
I have downloaded all 3 and at 375,755kb and the zipped blur is 366..and I tried using all 3 and I get stuck at recovery.

dmlp60

Reaction score
Hello, new to this... well kind of. I see from the first post that this must be installed using stock recovery. So i powered on holding volume keys, now wonder what to select. I have used Gummy, CM9, and several on past phones, i just dont want to cause a real problem. When in doubt, ask someone that knows! Thanks everyone.

Sry, should have mentioned, I had Safestrap 1.09 and disabled, then got to a point where my phone was booting right into the GB system. I never messed with the non-safe system, restored my backup that I did upon installing Safestrap... I didn't know if it changes the build prop, don't even know what the build prop does or is...

I am trying to put .215 on, following all instructions skipping 1 because i never changed the non safe...

Im a bit confused and can't really use my computer - it's a dinosaur, XP box with 512 and is running like it's 10 years old.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You don't want to install 215 because you will need a pc to get to 217.

If you had safestrap installed you must use the app to uninstall the custom recovery. Then using a root browser (like file explorer, be sure to set it for root access with write) go to system/bin and look for a file named "logwrapper.bin" and "logwrapper". The one marked .bin is the stock one and the one without is installed by safestrap. Delete the one named "logwrapper" or just renamed it. Then change the one named "logwrapper.bin" to just "logwrapper". If you don't you will check a check error on the OTA install and it will fail. I don't think you must be a reboot wouldn't hurt before you install the OTA file.

Just checked on my spare D4 you should be able to update direct from moto now.

Last edited:

dmlp60

Reaction score
I cant find safestrap anymore, im no longer rooted but i still have a su app... i try to check the root option in file explorer and it says .. nope.. not rooted i guess. The error im getting during install of ota is in the "know your device" bunch of numbers in two groups following the know your device line.

I believe my next steps are reroot, reinstall safestrap, find uninstall recovery, change logwrapper files, attempt ota update

Whew! Lol. Ok im off to make this happen.

Thanks for the help.

OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You could just fastboot the entire ics. You didn't need to unroot to run the ota.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

dmlp60

Reaction score
I didnt try to unroot, just happened trying to get this phone straightened out. I keep getting the same error msg..

As soon as it gets to verifying your system, the line know your droid with a bunch of numbers, then abort installation.

I dont know how to fastboot the ics, and dont have a computer i trust to make it through the process. I would install a 217 leak, but i couldnt make it through the process. I open the safestrap app and get a black screen, nothing happens. Voodoo rerooted.

Im lost.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
You need to either fastboot GB 219 and check for the update or just fastboot ICS. I believe using safestrap modified a file (don't remember the name) that is causing the update to fail. You need to use someone else's computer if you're not comfortable using your own. You may have other mods done to other files you don't know about or expected, so the easiest cure is to fastboot. You may resolve one problem but another may pop up, fastbooting 219 or ICS is basically foolproof.

dmlp60

Reaction score
I am going to attempt fastbooting the ICS files. The first attempt at fastbooting 219 ended up in an error, said make sure there's enough disk space. I know it isn't a drive space issue so I figured the ICS files were 400 mb smaller. It made it to 90%.. lol.. almost there!!! Stands to reason if it made it past 66%, I can do a file 33% smaller!

I will get this!

I will post if the fastboot to ICS files from 219 (messed up 219 at that!) work.

dmlp60

Reaction score
Everything seems to be working fine! Sitting on ICS.. haven't gotten voodoo to see if i can restore root, but at this point, I'm just so happy everything worked!

The postings here, instructions, and time spent by the devs is incredibly valuable and I thank every one!

Again, 219 with safestrap problems, probably multiple modded files presenting problems, and in 20 minutes phone is up and running!

Now on to the wifeys phone

negropy

Reaction score
I just wanted to thank the guys that provided the leaks and the tools for all of this to happen. You guys are great. Running. 217 currently with no issues thanks to you guys. Cheers!