ICS Leak 6.16.217 Update zip, boot.img and crc

kenji91

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed a drastic drop in battery life since 217? I've literally used 6.16.217 for five minutes, but CM9 also shares the same kernel.

So I'm basically running CM9 on the 217 kernel and I feel like I've lost maybe 20-25% of battery life since the switch... maybe it's mental?

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed a drastic drop in battery life since 217? I've literally used 6.16.217 for five minutes, but CM9 also shares the same kernel.

So I'm basically running CM9 on the 217 kernel and I feel like I've lost maybe 20-25% of battery life since the switch... maybe it's mental?
i just installed 217 and put eclipse on it for a test drive and so far so good... do u have setcpu running?

kenji91

Reaction score
i just installed 217 and put eclipse on it for a test drive and so far so good... do u have setcpu running?

I haven't tried Eclipse yet. I'm still using CM9 for now. I don't want to lose all my settings or SMS messages (some contain important information like addresses, phone numbers, etc).

kwyrt

Reaction score
I haven't tried Eclipse yet. I'm still using CM9 for now. I don't want to lose all my settings or SMS messages (some contain important information like addresses, phone numbers, etc).

FYI: If you use Titanium Backup it now has the functionality to back up and restore sms and call logs. I use 2 apps called Call Logs Backup and Restore and SMS Backup and Restore. They are both free on the Play store.

Sent from my Droid 4

Wilhelzing317

Reaction score
WIFI working

I've been trying to use my foxfi with this latest version and it doesnt seem to be working. Any ideas?

OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I have no trouble with foxfi. What's it doing when you run it?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Wilhelzing317

Reaction score
Everything seems to work when i turn the foxfi on, but once the connection process is done i have no data to connect to the internet. Im on unlimited data so it should work but it hasn't ever since i updated to .217

OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I have a password set with mine. It connects fine with my laptop.

Wilhelzing317

Reaction score
Just got mine to work finally. For some reason I think I prefer the .215 version better. I've been losing data on this version and have to reboot my phone or manually toggle the data option a few times a day.

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
...you kno, i guess it depends on the device. cause the battery life on the (.217) is freakin awesome. the usage is minimal, texts, facebook, and twitter and the occasional instagram...

install CM9 and did notice the battery drain, so i just switch back to stock...

i just installed foxfi and it worked perfectly

and i'm on the .217 leak

Last edited:
OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Foxfi is in the market for free and you don't have to be rooted.

droidian1441

Reaction score
Im back! Lol.

I for one was excited to see my gmail with a MFN email this morning. Then I saw "Droid 4" instead of Droid Razr Maxx. Oh well.

I am excited for the Droid 4 community as this is a sure sign that you are not that far away. Unless you look at from the Droid 3 perspective of their 5.7.906 update.

217 seems to be the soak as it still sits on the servers right now. Even though I don't get to test it, I still am very curious to see how this will turn out. The soak hasn't started yet, I just expect 217 to be the soak.

Now up next, Jelly Beans! Hehe :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2